Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tuning the Game for Slower Computers

gnosiologyGeneral

Question

So I recently got a new computer for free from a friend, and to be honest it is not very fast at all (have to have an external fan running in order to not overheat when running any game). However, I tried and it can "play" Warframe. I accent "play" because it does run the game, but the experience is excruciatingly slow compared to my previous computer (may it rest in piece).

So my question is, what options can I change so the game runs faster on my computer? I don't mind turning off settings that people normally leave on because they are cool just so the game runs (like bloom and color correction and high graphics rate).

7 answers to this question

I recently had to upgrade my 5 year old laptop (by hand) which runs Warframe. Despite getting a new hardrive it was still a little slow. Anyways, here's some things you can do:

1. play warframe on fullscreen mode, not fullscreen windowed
  2. lower the resolution
  3. cap your FPS. I cap mine at 30 FPS and it works just fine.
  4. lower anti-alias and such if not turn them off completely
  5. go into the settings window on the updates screen and turn off "something 10" (I forgot the name of it) and keep 11 DirectX 10 and turn on DirectX 11, or vice-versa.

Those are some things you can do. I'm sorry if I can't be of more help, I'm not in front of my laptop that has Warframe.

Edited by Insizer
Thanks --Q--Lotus_Underwear for jogging my memory.

1: close every program that is not necessary and is running in the background (Skype, Battlenet, iTunes etc)

2: check if your harddrive has diskspace left. For example if I have less than 10% of available diskspace on the main harddrive my computer slows down significantly

3: use the lowest settings ingame in the options (the game will look like crap but at least you will get a few fps

4: find the bottleneck in your system and upgrade at your earliest convenience

Not in game right now so can't say for sure but, there is an option under performance or hud or the like that is hard-locked to make the game run at 60fps. Turn that off so you can tune it down to 30.

I'll be back in 10 minutes and actually get in to tell you the exact details.

And I have forgotten. What stands out under "display" is the nvidia phsX turn that off. Might be the option to remove the lock.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

1 minute ago, Insizer said:

I recently had to upgrade my 5 year old laptop (by hand) which runs Warframe. Despite getting a new hardrive it was still a little slow. Anyways, here's some things you can do:

1. play warframe on fullscreen mode, not full screen windowed
  2. lower the resolution
  3. cap your FPS. I cap mine at 30 FPS and it works just fine.
  4. lower anti-alias and such if not turn them off completely
  5. go into the settings window on the updates screen and turn off "something 10" (I forgot the name of it) and keep 11, or vice-versa.

Those are some things you can do. I'm sorry if I can't be of more help, I'm not in front of my laptop that has Warframe.

That "something 10" is called DirectX 10

First of all, what are the Specs of the Computer you have now? Depending on those, you might need to do some simple things (like changing the Resolution or some In game Options) or you might have to get technical (Updating BIOS & Graphics Card Drivers, Unparking Proccessors, shutting down some background processes to free up RAM, ect.). Unless you know and can post those Specs, we wont really know what to do to help "speed up" Warframe for you.

Edited by WanderoftheAether

Best advice... just put everything on low. and work your way up. No point working your way down. Try removing stuff 1 by 1 and the difference it has on a solo gameplay. If its nothing mayor or noticeable then leave it off.

If i can't run a game at ultra, I prefer lowering everything else and not sacrificing the resolution.(nothing under 1920:1080 because thats what im used to).

30fps is fine to play. But 60is better. [options- hud - 3rd row (show fps) make sure that's on] i put my cap at 72 fps and i make sure im always there.

Start off with the useless things if you care about graphics.

Remove/lower shadows and reflections.

Shader also has a relative impact in performance.

Turn off physx

The others mentioned other common usual factors. There's loads more you can do but google answers better than I.