Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love this new relic system

dashashou

At 1st i was like Heck no , the whole thing with seasonal keys  and the double grind walls of now relic and void runs being put up , and the chance for rare part being decreased to 2.5 %   and the necessity of crating radiant key for just a acceptable drop chance at a rare part  .  Well i was a huge  opponent  of it  . I was like this is going to kill recruiting chat / it's going to hurt the community tenno spirit  , and the grind of double walls ( relic /fissure )   and a 3rd hidden  wall (void traces )  would just burn people out . 

But this system  is tailor made for Vets . For Veterans  who know about the wiki We just look  up what Relics/ Keys have the New/ good stuff  and then Burn one of our old keys  join a random squad and if  the squad doesn't had the key we want just leave . No farming required  and  because it doesn't matter the type just tier , those that went through the key conversion have  100s of old /crap Relic/Key  per tier , it's very unlikely that i'll never run out of the old stuff  . 

I 've even come up with a term for this Key sniping -( joining of a random group and only staying if the the group has the right key )  it's remarkably effective and removes any key farming grind for us Vets  and it's relativity,  harmless at most people will just have to eat some host migrations  . The funny thing is that DE will not be able to stop key sniping by simply hiding which relic/key  people bring in with - too much  of this system is reliant on key sharing and group member being able to see your Relic /key your  bringing  . Plus it's too easy to click the wrong key and people need to check that critical info  . Plus  the game is too unstable with people dc-ing It's  too much for a  harsh a penalty  for players to ever accept . So we're stuck forever with the key snipers , with this system .   

And  the way this system is  set up with every one pays there own Relic/key ,  well it really rarefies  the player base  . Before this system i was like  i'll host a t4c let some new guys get credits and a Prime part that they couldn't get for a long time .  Now it's just those that can pay their own way . It's the same great change that Vaulting Ember Prime did for the tenno community ,  where unless you have 1200-2200 plat your out of luck ; it's an implemented Platinum wall that the Players control !  It's great those that want to help new plays now just can't   it's just  too hard / inconvenient  to run players through  those dual grind walls  so they get  a taste of the end game . Aren't we all just tired of the whole " Spirit of the Tenno "  ? Isn't it time that the player help player default died ? 

Plus as a side effect of the endless farming survivals being dead will stop all the people complaining about scaling  and then  DE can just ignore scaling   and  keep focusing of non interactive quest cuts scenes which is what  really keep the players focused on this game . DE has always wisely decided to break  the parts of this game that people complain about ;  look to archwing  where archwing 2.0 where DE moved the  camera   to clip the archwing- wings  and push auto rotate on us  , this was just to punish those complaining black-knights   and it worked  perfectly ,  now no ones complains or  even does archwing much less mention the possibility of archwing mission integration  .  

So in short i'm glad that the Void is broken and i need only farm/play this game around updates  and i'm really impressed with this bold new direction that DE is taking this game . 

I actually find it more difficult to farm stuff in group this way as every single relic message in the recruitment chat is either "Bring this specific key in radiant or don't even message me" and "Farming for [X] relics", like the whole process of making traces doesn't even exist. I dislike it for the core reason they made it rather than it's actual performance, people still get ducats and rare pieces, people may be more eager to play in group, but in a game with so many matchmaking problems that is also a disadvantage, and the multiple barriers that players need to overcome to get that final reward (relic farming, trace farming, prime farming) is a lot more time consuming, pushing the more casual to buy prime access and platinum packs to keep up with the absurd amount of content DE releases.

unless you have your massive black armor on i am sure you will feel the pain of the white army stabbing you via pointing out grammar and typos. someone might feel insulted because you have a different opinion and made a good point.

besides, since you are not (censored, cuz pointing out that it is not his job) coming up with immediate solutions to those very subjective, and therefore irrelevant, shortcomings, your post is not constructive and therefore has no reason to exist.

prepare for trivial arguments and reduction of your person, for it is an evil one :D

the idea that you actually care for this game and demonstrated this by taking your time to write your post is so far away, that it is literally fading into eternal nonexistence.

you are evil... let's find a stake and pile some wood....

Edited by kuchn
i had to correct myself for i felt the power of evil for a short moment