Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow breeding question

Rioma

Question

So I usually cook up all the kubrow eggs i get to see what kind of fancy kubrows i come up with. Unfortunately I named one that i like "Male Huras". So I made his imprints and cloned him by using both of them. He was originally a male huras that was really small with a spotted color pattern. What came out was a super tall FEMALE huras with spotty color pattern. I have only ever cooked up a kubrow using imprints once before when Chesa was released, and it came out looking exactly like the original. 

Question: Was my small male huras imprints turning into a large female huras a bug? Also has anybody ever tried putting in a support ticket to change the name of kubrow / kavat?

Edit: If it wasn't a bug how come people buy Omega kubrows if their size / gender isn't copied from the imprint?

Edited by xXRiomaXx

5 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Question: Was my small male huras imprints turning into a large female huras a bug?

"When combining two identical imprints, you will receive a copy of the Kubrow they were created from, with the exception of gender and size attributes which are always randomly determined."

Source: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203019644-Kubrow-Breeding-Basics

rather then a bug you praying to RNG like everything else in this game if i had to put in an explanatory way it would be like this:

Random incubation every kubrow has same % of being cooked along with size, gender, color and pattern.

But with imprints you increase the % for whatever is on that/those imprint/s.

Basically RNG is weird and really hated most of the time(99.5% of the time)

another thing to note when using imprints. 

if you use two different imprints, its still a gamble on what you get, but its a controlled gamble. 

EX-Imprint 1-Thick body type, Patchy Fur, Sahasa   Imprint 2-Thick body type, Hound Fur, Raksa. (Height and gender will always be up to RNG)

say you have two imprints of both and two eggs to mix them in. Result #1 you get Thick Body, Patchy fur , Raksa.  Result #2 you get a Thick body type, patchy Sahasa. 

it pulls the details from both imprints and if there are shared traits,  the shared trait will be the outcome(in this example, Thick body is shared between both imprints, thus the only outcome for "Body Type"). if there are differing traits (Raksa/Sahasa, Patchy/Hound) it's up to chance as to what you get, but you can control the parameters of the chance (chance of 2 breeds using 2 different imprint VS 5 breed types from random incubation, and chance of 2 fur patterns from the imprints VS the number of different fur patterns with random incubation)

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel