Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving WF to another PC (Non steam)

GrymkND

Question

So how do I do it ? I mean when I'm about to move the game to the external drive I discovered that the game has 2 part, one is the "Downloaded" folder, located where I chose to install the game and the other part is the Launcher.exe located in "Appdata/Local" and I'm like WTH I don't even know how it works anymore. Please send help.

10 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Camelslayer said:

You're basically just reinstalling it on the second computer, data doesn't need to be transferred or anything; you have everything on login.

As far as doing it outside Steam- I'm not sure if it even can be done, I know of no methods where Warframe can be played without Steam.

You can download the installer from the website to play outside of steam.

If I'm not mistaken;

Download on new pc the installer, 

Launch the installer,

Let it create all the folders when it starts downloading close it,

Replace the download folder with the one you have already,

Relaunch the launcher. 

It should skip most of the download you have to do. Then again it's been a while since I moved games since I install them on ssd

If something like that doesn't work you're looking at a whole redownload.

Edited by ScorpioneITA

27 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

You might as well just re-install it on your new PC. Your data is saved online, so you won't need to worry about that.

Some people want to save themselves the hassle of downloading *checks* 18 GB. For me, that would take about a WEEK to re-download while locking me out of doing anything else online in the meantime.

Not everyone has uncapped fiber connections, you know.

Just redownload the game direct from The website here, direct it to the new location you want to install/download to and you're golden. You can either do steam on your new drive and put all games there, or download Warframe seperately in its own client here on the website.

30 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Some people want to save themselves the hassle of downloading *checks* 18 GB. For me, that would take about a WEEK to re-download while locking me out of doing anything else online in the meantime.

Not everyone has uncapped fiber connections, you know.

I don't have such amazing connections, FYI. I'm simply saying that it's the most straightforward and simple option.

3 hours ago, Camelslayer said:

You're basically just reinstalling it on the second computer, data doesn't need to be transferred or anything; you have everything on login.

As far as doing it outside Steam- I'm not sure if it even can be done, I know of no methods where Warframe can be played without Steam.

I played Warframe before I knew it was on Steam, you can download and play it as a standalone game from the Warframe website. 

I wish there was an easy way of linking to Steam though.  I'm not interested enough to go through the faff in the post quoted above, but if there were an "official" method I'd certainly do it.