Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I Loved To Play Warframe

Lyphian

What I loved when I started this game, was the mood I got when playing my first character. Enemies were hard to kill, I had to take cover so I won't die. I had to think how I should kill them without getting hurt, on those dark maps, chased by the Infested, ACTUALLY using move combinations to survive and get to high places to rest a bit. I spent so much time sitting alone, listening to the steps of large Infested, hoping that they don't know where I am. I loved to "learn" about the Corpus by just watching them from far, what they do, what is their opinion of their job. I loved to watch my character and how quiet he/she is.

What I want to say: leave those fancy updates to the elves. We need this game to look like a survival horror on Solo, and when Online, make us feel we are brothers and sisters, saving eachother's lives by teamwork and BRUTALLY killing enemies, improve this at all costs. Stalker: currently the Stalker looks/gives the feeling NOTHING like he should, come on developers, make us love him and understand how he feels.

Are the updates going to kill those feelings what we had when we were in our "first days"? Or stick with them? Please make the game very hard and not boring in any way for those who has maxed out everything and play 24/7, while understanding how important it is for new players to give them that mood I talked about at the beginning of the message. Maybe talk about this thread in your next livestream?

Edit: I have no idea why the top of the text is white.

Edited by Lyphian

What we need is some content for Rank 8+ Players with increased difficulty, loot thats hard to get and tough as hell enemies. We got enough easy/medium casual content to do for the newcomers and Rank 3-6 people. DE needs to add something for the "Elite" and should not care about whining lowbies who can't complete that content yet. Maybe add Rank restrictions for those high lvl missions.

You get that feel on lower levels (under 100 hours) and they are still working on map design, and different factions for these new places you want, it takes time though. This is still beta and they will continue to output different systems with raising difficulty, they're just busy with new content, fix's and such which take priority. Your brutal gameplay is coming SOON

They need to make the AI better, make them work together and improve what they do.

Examples:

Give the shield lancer a larger shield at lvl 30+. At lvl 40+ make him always face the player that is aggroed  so they can't just run around him.

Give scorpion a stun after effect at lvl 40+

These should encourage team work as one player would require help from another or be much better at the game. Players shouldn't need to put all damage mods on their weapons to get through the constant use of bullet sponge enemies.

If the AI worked together that would be great as well.

If a scorpion sat behind a shield lancer and pulled you another player would need to run around and kill the scorpion. which may aggro the shield lancer who the now free player can shoot in the back.

I have to agree, this game does need those rage quit hard missions and tiers where the group must work as a team.

I used to play a game called Killing floor.

Having difficulty like in that game would be a good start.

I have to agree, this game does need those rage quit hard missions and tiers where the group must work as a team.

I used to play a game called Killing floor.

Having difficulty like in that game would be a good start.

Eh killing floor's different though, they just throw a ton of stuff at you. Warframes got a lot of variables, it's harder to accomplish that for everyone. Some people it might be too hard, some people it might be too easy. I guess it comes down to skill level, simply put just wait for more tile sets/factions for the difficulty to increase more, once they get rid of bugs, and fixing stuff i'm sure they'll be knocking out new area's for us faster than we can defeat them all.

With "hard" i mean more roller balls, more elites, harder hitting enemys, maps with hazards (ice, fire, lazers), more wallrunning, enemy lvl 70+ and such. As a upside... better loot, more ressources, more XP.

I prefer to abort missions with Ice in them. As for higher level enemies (70+), then no. Armor/resistance scaling starts to get crazy around those levels and I don't have a potato'd Boltor/Akbolto for Armor Ignore. There's a whole thread detailing how enemies at higher levels (T3 Void, very high Xini Waves, etc) will eventually become immune to everything aside from AP and Armor Ignore aside from weakspot hits. Even Corpus Crewmen become immune to electric damage, chargers for fire, etc. The armor ignoring properties of bolt weapons/Kunai are what makes those few weapons desired in extremely high-end missions.

Those enemies go beyond bullet-sponges and into straight up 'hurr durr Perma-Iron Skin mode!' without AP/AI damage (again, not counting hitting a weak point).