Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The End of an Era (OOC Topic: XCOM 2 RP)

-Platinum-

Disclaimer: Note this is pertty much an experiment to see if people wish to join a unique type of RP, other then Warframe. Feel free to give it ago, but you MUST keep to the Rules & Guidelines of the Warframe Forms. Please see the following before posting.

Thank You! 

This is the OOC thread for the IC XCOM 2 RP started by Myself. I will be looking for a  co-dmer, to help along with this.
Like, all RP. I'll explicitly state it in case any rules-lawyers try their hand at this: DM actions override player actions. As well this RP will play out like normal RPs, with actions provoking contextual actions from others.

Rules:
For the love of roleplay, NO GOD-MODDING.  There will be NPCs with unusual or unusually powerful abilities.  If the thread goes on long enough, it may be possible for characters to join groups that grant access to advanced abilities. 

Consequence for breaking this rule: first offense -> verbal warning, second offense -> attack with the Nerfbat, third offense, beatdown with the Jat Kicktag (also known as the BanHammer).

Allowed races: Humans,Sectoids, Vipers, Mutons, Archons, ADVENT Hybrid & Codex.

No metagaming.  Consequence for breaking this rule: first offense -> verbal warning, second offense -> strong verbal warning, third offense -> kicked from thread.
Introductory posts: 

Your character MUST always start at the Docking station in a small queue.  Fill out the form (name, race, reason for visit, anything to declare) and wait for a response from ADVENT before proceeding.

If you are Alien, your standard complement of weapons does not need to be declared.  If you are carrying unknown weapons and intend to take it down with you, you must file additional paperwork and obtain the proper storage containers for ADVENT to take it to you.  Consequence for improper intro post: a post telling you to correct it.

ADVENT has a strict policy of nonviolence, however if someone attacks you, you are free to protect yourself, however if you start a fight, you will attract ADVENT.
Consequence for breaking this rule: you will attract the attention of DM-controlled law-enforcement.  DO NOT ATTRACT DM

General notes: If you can kill it in-game, you can kill it here.

If you are sneaking around or causing trouble, and are confronted by ADVENT Peacekeepers  that's controlled by a DM, stop what you are doing immediately.  That is not a fight you win, period.

Character Notes: With each race you pick, can come in different types of subspecies, this means if you wish to be a Viper, you may be able to be the following: Naja, Sidewinder & Adders

For Mutons: Elites,  Centurions &  Andromedons (Sorry No Berserkers)

For Sectiods: N/A (however you can look like a Commander)
Humans: Self-Exp

For Codexes & ADVENT: Same as Humans, With Hybrid limits.   

You can be any gender, but only the one.

Subspecies: Viper

Naja: Eye sight is considerability more better than the standard vipers, as well as their reaction speeds. However they are not as fast as the standard vipers.

Sidewinder: Fast and very flexible, then any Viper. Quick on the tongue. Are quite weak in strength wise 

Adder: Extremely more venomous & the strongest Viper, in strength. However are very even slower then the Najas.

Viper: Your standard viper, they are a balance in-between all and jack of all trades, they are also more attractive then the others.

Subspecies: Muton

Elites: Carry very strong armor and are considerability more stronger then all Mutons. However they are slow and tankish. (Sometimes even fat)

Centurions: Smaller Mutons, they are Extremely quick but lack of strength. However they are more friendly and attractive types. (They are your normal Mutons)

Andromedons: Strong and are almost immune to all diseases, However they must wear protective gear or stay in their suits. (Their toxin tanks have been removed)

Edited by -Platinum-
Forgot about the Codex's

Groups: 

ADVENT Peacekeepers: Not joinable, controlled by DMs. they act as peace-keepers. Like above If you are sneaking around or causing trouble, and are confronted by ADVENT Peacekeepers  that's controlled by a DM, stop what you are doing immediately or they will call the Rulers.

ADVENT Enforcers: Joinable, but follow the commanders of the Peacekeepers, they are your Agent types, and they go on missios, if you wish to join please let a ADVENT Officer kown.

Alien Rulers: Pretty much you the DMs themselves, They are only encountered during extreme disregard for the rules. If one appears due to rule breaking. stop what you are doing immediately. That is not a fight you win, period.

Fun Note!: If you own XCOM 2, please feel free to post your image of your Crh here!, they can look like anyone!. However if you own a Alien don't worry, you can still post your crh, tho I suggest "Playable Aliens" Mod, to take thos pics!

Don't have a pic?, Don't worry!, you do not HAVE to

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

A weird, weird place to conduct the RP based on absolutely irrelevant to warframe game that is

Eh, like I said on the top its pertty much a experiment, I've already spoken to a Mod, about this and while I chuold post on another place, other places do not have the greatness of community this place can bring. This comminitny I feel is alot better and more welcoming then others. (When it can be that is..)  

I personally don't think this belongs in here. Nor do I think that this should be encouraged, or we'll soon have a lot more Warframe irrelevant RPs clogging the flow taking up more space than they should. I'd love to RP some elder scrolls but I don't post that in here, in the Warframe forums. 

Just now, Lady_Viper said:

But like I said, I don't do this in the Warframe Forums, as it has nothing to do with Warfame. And I'm actually having trouble imagining a MOD agreeing to let this slip. 

Daym... haven't seen TES rps for ages now...

As for this thread, it does look like out of place but it does not harm anyone either. 

Just now, Teloch said:

Daym... haven't seen TES rps for ages now...

As for this thread, it does look like out of place but it does not harm anyone either. 

In the long run it can. If this is allowed then what's to say that more and more Warframe unrelated threads won't pop up and drown the actual threads? 

14 minutes ago, Lady_Viper said:

I personally don't think this belongs in here. Nor do I think that this should be encouraged, or we'll soon have a lot more Warframe irrelevant RPs clogging the flow taking up more space than they should. I'd love to RP some elder scrolls but I don't post that in here, in the Warframe forums. 

To both you and op, we do have the offtopic section of the forums, which could allow people to rp stuff that has nothing to do with warframe. I mean, we have like three offtopic rps there so it wouldn't hurt to have another, right

3 minutes ago, Lady_Viper said:

In the long run it can. If this is allowed then what's to say that more and more Warframe unrelated threads won't pop up and drown the actual threads? 

That has a chance to happen only if it becomes popular and doesn't simply disappear somewhere in the "death zone" aka page #3, which is the most likely scenario. Besides, some people started RP arcs that has almost nothing to do with WF universe, and the forum still stands. 

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

To both you and op, we do have the offtopic section of the forums, which could allow people to rp stuff that has nothing to do with warframe. I mean, we have like three offtopic rps there so it wouldn't hurt to have another, right

And that ^

Edited by Teloch

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

In that case the OP should move this thing to Off Topic and not keep it here. 

Just now, Lady_Viper said:

In that case the OP should move this thing to Off Topic and not keep it here. 

Would make more sense, since the Roleplay section of the forums are for warframe rps, even though it doesn't state that it's just for warframe rps only (but kinda obvious to make that out).

I would love to rp stuff other than warframe, but warframe rp is the main one i like. Other rps are good though. I would join this but i haven't played any of the Xcom games so i don't really know what the story is about and what happens in it and such.

Like I said guys, this is pertty much a  experiment, also I have already spoken to a MOD, As for off-topic, no, this is RP, that belongs in the RP section, I've already notified Sliver-bones.As off topics, tend to get stretched out alot and somewhat Ignored.

Sapartan1, you don't really have to kown too much about it, to join, watching a few videos here and there, whuold get anyone up to speed, the story is pertty much straight forward, besides the general DLCs or what ever story people make, when playing their XCOM 2    

Edited by -Platinum-

Another reason why this is pretty much a experiment is that I think some fokes, won't mind something else other then -JUST- Warframe, as while I am part of a Warframe RP already and its slowly getting a bit, dull atm. (but prop cuz no much is happing atm)

Its just my opinion for the moment but I find Warframe, really hard to start a RP, as all stories will be pertty much the same, Grinner/Corpus and Infested and Sentient. Each warframe is still normal warframes (Loki,Nova,Limbo,Ash,Rhino).

On top of that, its the same people as well, sure the same issue chuold be said with TES or XCOM 2, or Half-Life 2, but due it no one really RPs with such, its something fresh. Hence why I whuold attempt this, if all be I chuold ask a mod to move this to off-topic, if it whuold really make people feel better (and maybe it whuold gets more attention?) I don't kown.    

---------

The only other thing I really have in mind for RP is warframe related, but perhas bleeding a few other games inside it. (For example: Elder Scrolls Dragons, are in the Warframe universe, as a new faction) (Also before you ask no  "dragonborn shiz"). Or Bleed Half life 2 in there, to have the Combine Synths as a faction, like the Striders and crab things, or gunships as a Alien race/Faction.

So, yes atm, this RP I have atm, is a simple test, but I will begin my other experiment, as it will be WARFRAME, but with new factions inside and weapons and such, etc.

Edited by -Platinum-

8 minutes ago, vodkacrepper said:

Well, maybe you don't want to Rp other games on this forum, but trust me, it's hard as F*** to find a rp forum about 90% of the games, thet are all dead or close to dying.

No kid..

But hay, I;ll give it a day or two, and if no one jumps in, I'll jump on my other idea