Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player, what the heck is going on?

(PSN)tkMango_14

Question

Ok so I should've probably worded that title a little better than that but that doesn't really matter that much lol. So I'm a returning player, I think I stopped playing at the Lunaro title. So can someone explain things like how do I get my parts now, how do I get nekros prime, and since I'm broke of plat, what items should I go for?

4 answers to this question

You find a void fissure on the map (there's a list), pick one, choose a relic to take with you, and do the rift thing inside the mission, which explains itself: kill things, get reactant, leave. The relic cracks open and you get a part. It's practically the same as the old key system, but the mission is chosen for you and you have a bit more say in the drop tables.

> " how do I get my parts now "

Prime Parts are obtained in a multi step process not too dissimilar to the way it was before:

1. Obtain a "void relic" (read: essentially the same thing as void keys in terms of drop locations) that contains the prime part you desire. A list of which relics contain which part can be found on the wiki. Relics are broken into four groups: Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi. These represent somewhat loosely what the Tower level system used to. 

2. Find a mission that matches up with your appropriate relic, through the drop menu on the starchart (second from the right). You do not have to ensure that it is of a specific mission type, as in the old system. When you select your mission you will be prompted to select your relic. 

3. Run the mission. Within the mission, "void fissures" will appear and corrupt enemies on that tileset. Corrupted enemies will drop a "reactant". Collect 10 in order to "open" your relic and obtain one of the prime parts it contains. 

4. Prior to the extraction screen, if you are running with other players who have also opened their relics, you will be allowed to select their reward instead. Note that only players with opened relics will be able to select a reward. 

5. Upon collecting 10 reactants, you will be awarded with a random number of "void traces". After installing the void trace segment (the blueprint of which can be found on the Mars junction on Earth), you will be able to "refine" any owned relic in order to increase the chance that you will obtain a certain drop. 

what items should I go for?

In my opinion-and it might be an unpopular opinion- Arcanes are almost always the best and fastest way to earn plat, when one considers that a single Arcane Energize can be worth 500 plat. 

You haven't missed much. Your Fusion Cores have been converted to Endo, and you spend Endo to level up mods in pretty much the same way you used to use Fusion Cores, it's just an easier and more precise way of doing the same thing.  Endo drops in pretty much the same way Fusion Cores did.

Prime parts and some other things which used to drop in the Void now drop on what are called Void Fissure missions.  They have their own category on the Missions menu; it looks like a flame with a number in it.

You have control over the drops for the Fissure Missions you run, by equipping a Relic when you run one.  (You don't have to equip a Relic, you can just run the missions to farm Void Traces -more on them in a moment- but most people run them with an equipped Relic, because why not?)

There are four broad types of Relics, and within each Relic type there are several different categories of Relics. Each Relic had a different drop table: Decide what you want to farm, equip the appropriate Relic, spam those missions - have a nice day!

Finally, you have the ability to increase the chances of getting a rare drop from a given Relic by Refining it. Refining takes Void Traces, which you get at least a few of every time you run a Fissure Mission.  But you can also just run a Fissure with no Relic equipped, if you just want to collect the Void Traces.  You can refine a Relic using 25 Traces, 50, or 100.

At the end of the Fissure mission, all four players view the individual rewards that each player earned, and the players have 15 seconds to choose which one of the 4 (or 3, or 2, depending on group size) possible rewards they want.  In that way, having a group of players improves your chances of getting the drop you want, because if anyone in the group gets the rare drop, everybody is free to select it as their reward.  Conversely, and as a matter of good etiquette, it's considered low-class to run a group Fissure Mission without a Relic equipped, as it diminishes the group's chances of getting a good drop.  A better choice is to farm for Void Traces solo.

Have fun!

Edited by FierceRadiance

Oh boy, this might become a long list and I'll still probably miss some stuff.

1. Kavats are in the game now, if you want one, you'll need to get the kavat incubator segment which can be crafted in the tenno lab in the dojo, bought for plat at the market and I think Hyekka masters still drop them as well.

There are 2 types of cats:

Smeeta and Adarza (RNG kitty vs crit kitty to keep explanations to a minimum)

2. Was the starmap overhauled with lunaro or did it come with the cats? I think it came with the cats. Yeah, definitely came with the cats.

Basically, how things work right now. You'd have to complete junctions on every planet to advance to the next one. If you had unlocked certain planets before, you won't be affected by this change. This was primarily done to make things easier for newer players. Just look at a planet and hover over a junction, check the requirements. Fullfil those and then enter the junction. Inside will be a specter waiting for you. You have to kill them in order to advance to the next planet. Each completed junction will award you 1000 mastery and some other stuff depending on the junction itself.

3. The fusion system got overhauled:

The resource we now use for upgrading mods is called "Endo". All fusion cores were converted into said resource also taking their respective spots in the drop tables as well obviously.
Endo can also be attained by dissolving duplicate mods. You know how you could sell mods before? Exactly the same process except that there's another button next to it that says "convert to endo". It's a more lucrative system than throwing random mods into a mod you wanted to upgrade ever was.

FYI: Legendary cores still exist and they still have the same features as before.

4. The void as you previously knew it, is no more. Well, it still exists but it now has its own dedicated area in the starmap.
Void keys got converted into relics. What is so unique about those relics you may ask? Well, as I said, old void is no more. There's a new tab on the starmap's page right now titled "fissures". These fissures can be any mission from the actual starchart itself and they have a name corresponding to the relics I mentioned earlier. 

Before entering a fissure, you will be asked to select a relic, it's not obligatory but that also means you won't be able to pick a reward at the end of those mission.

What rewards you may ask?
Basically just the prime parts and forma, etc you knew from the old void system. How it works is as follows:

You and the rest of your squad pick a relic at the start of a mission and will enter the mission as normal, however now you will see a tab on your screen saying " 0/10 reactant collected".

What the hell is reactant you may ask?
It's just a mission specific resource you need to find 10 of to activate your relic, thus making yourself eligible to be able to pick a reward at the end of it.

How do I collect reactant?

You will notice fissures opening during the mission itself, these fissure will corrupt nearby enemies and once corrupted, they will have a chance to drop reactant.

Oh also, when you've closed a fissure (which occurs when you collect all required reactant) you will be given void traces.

Void traces are the resource used to refine a relic. Refining a relic will increase the drop chances of the more uncommon stuff and decrease the drop chances of the common stuff.
There are 3 ways to refine a relic, but they're pretty much straightforward.
Oh right, before I forget. You'll need another segment to refine your relics. The segement is a junction reward but I can't recall it by hearth. I think it was the mars junction. Pretty sure someone else knows the exact one, feel free to verify wether it's this specific junction or not.

Also, there's  a cap on the amount of void traces you can hold onto. This is determined by your Mastery Rank.

5. Titania, the fairy frame was added to the game. To get her, you'd need to complete her quest called "The Silver Grove". Just go to a relay and talk to the leader of New Loka, she'll give you the quest. Prepare to hunt for flowers. Yes you read that right, you'll be collecting flowers in the quest. Have fun.

You're a console player, I think The Silver Grove might have been the most recent addition to the game for you then.

6. We on PC recently got the new syndicate melees, so feel free to stack up on standing while you're waiting for them to arrive, they're 125,000 each.

Now to answer your specifc questions.

Nekros prime parts can be attained by using the earlier mentioned relics. You'll have to farm the relics first though. I recommend Xini on Eris. as it seems to carry a lot of the new prime relics as of right now.

As for what items you should go for. Uhm, tbh that's up to you. If I were to involve Nekros prime and his new toys in it. The Galatine prime and Tigris Prime are both masterpieces.

I hope I answered any questions you might have had right now. If you happen to be confused on the matter, just say so. I'll do my best to reply to this post again then.

Have fun OP.

Edited by CephalonUnknown