Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Themed Melee

ShikaRoddy

Question

So, recently I've been trying to build "pre-made" loadouts, and three of them are : Grineer, Corpus and Infested. While creating Infested and Grineer was easy, Corpus is a bit more problematic, because all corpus based melee weapons are sooo lame (imo). So please, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, drop your opinions on what kind of corpus based weapons would you like to see in game.

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, ShikaRoddy said:

So, recently I've been trying to build "pre-made" loadouts, and three of them are : Grineer, Corpus and Infested. While creating Infested and Grineer was easy, Corpus is a bit more problematic, because all corpus based melee weapons are sooo lame (imo). So please, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, drop your opinions on what kind of corpus based weapons would you like to see in game.

Do you mean:

Melee weapons used by corpus?

Melee weapons effective against corpus?

Melee weapons corpuses would use that don't?

(im a bit slow)

Corpus themed weapons.

I'd personally want a rod surrounded by four blades so that it can have an omni-directional style. Maybe add some electric currents flowing through the rod for the "Corpus" theme.

For things that actually exist like the Lecta or Prova, I guess an upgraded version would be nice.

Yeah, there isn't really a lot to work with regarding Corpus melee

Lecta: Outclassed by Secura Lecta but still a pretty good whip.

Secura Lecta: Very fast, Base electric status weapon, more credits, tons of range.

Serro: Base Electric Status Polearm. Fairly good but outclassed by the Lesion for status based polearms since the Lesion can get 100% off 4 dual stats and gets a damage and speed boost from a proc

Prova: Useless

Prova Vandal: More damage and can function as a status weapon, but machetes are still kinda garbage

Obex: Very fast, good CC from jump and slide, good stance, good Berserker weapon, poor base damage.

Edited by Hayabusa97

4 hours ago, TESTAMENTEXE said:

What is: serro?

I assume you haven't used it, sadly it's an amazing weapon that requires little resources 

To each their own I guess, but no physical damage, no crits, and slow as a snail sliding on super glue, not for me. Would be interested in your build for it though, maybe it could fun to use in some fashion.

Just now, Sapphic-Sandra said:

Secura Lecta is the only one I'd even begin to consider.

Also you can always go without a melee. I do it a lot when I switch between Mesa and am too lazy to add my melee back.

I could go without melee, but as I said, I wanna make the whole loadout, not only with themed weapons, but accessories and companion as well.