The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intermittent freezing

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

Xbox one issues. Every 5 minutes or so the game will freeze off and on 5-8 times for about a second or 2 a piece. There seems to be no pattern. On ship, mid mission, foundry.  Have done just about all the troubleshooting I can do with it.  Moved the game to and back from an external hd, cleared cache, turned off all graphic options, even reinstalled the game multiple times, connected to router wirelessly and hardlined.  No other games I own online or off are having this issue, so fairly certain it is not hardware, and another console connected to the same network is not having the issue either. What could it possibly be?  

Issue just started today. While playing with a couple randoms today I hit some serious lag when they were hosting. Tried switching hosts several times, same thing occurred. When I hosted, the game was fine for a little bit and then the lag set in.

Issue continued even after I reset my internet and Xbox. Been like this all day, and it's the first time it's ever happened

Nearly every time I run a mission in warframe lately it starts to freeze, for seemingly no reason the game freezes for about a second then unfreezes for like 2-3 seconds and then freezes again and this keeps up anywhere from 2 minutes to the entire mission and hell it even happens when i'm just sitting in my ship sometimes. now idk why this is happening but it's also affecting others, i've asked around in my alliance chat and my friends and they have had it happening to them as well. it's making the game unplayable. i can't even run low level missions trying to rank up my frame/gear because i'll be in a big firefight and it'll just start up and i'm not able to keep my camera pointed towards the enemy let alone shoot them. Please fix this ASAP as it's making a lot of us very mad and not wanting to play warframe at all.

I am having the same issue I can't play. It freezes and goes and it freezes and it goes all the time. This started happening after the last update with titania. Please help!!!!!! And by the way this happens on my xbox one idk why it says PC on my profile.

Edited by Andf89

Yeah it did start after silver grove on this particular console now that I think about it.  I didn't notice the timing because I rarely use my older one. It is not happening on my elite. Well slight 1 second freeze every now and then, but not often enouth to be an issue.  On the older console it is nearly unplayable.  At least no high level content, cause you are dead by the time it stops. 

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, (XB1)Midnight Malice said:

.  No other games I own online or off are having this issue, so fairly certain it is not hardware

I dont think its hardware but it could be the xbox one warframe servers that havent been optimized for the update quite yet or even the Xbox live servers as a whole because its happening with a few of my other server based online games sometimes. I have also found a temporary fix for warframe when it starts freezeing. all you have to do is hit the home button so it minimises the game, wait a few seconds, then just open it again. it seems to postpone the issue for me for a short ammount of time (usually around 4-5 mins). hopefully they get this fixed soon because this issue really frustrates me.

Edited by (XB1)Dacarnageman222

Just came to report it myself. Only happens when someone else is in game. Literally unplayable with friends at this stage. I'm sure we'll get a fix 6 months from now.

EDIT: For clarity, I should say "we'll get a fix 6 months from now" is in regards to the cert process required for consoles. I only just realized how snippy that sounded originally. But also, how did an update that makes us lag so bad make it through cert anyway?

Edited by (XB1)Octopusapult
clarity

4 hours ago, (XB1)Octopusapult said:

Just came to report it myself. Only happens when someone else is in game. Literally unplayable with friends at this stage. I'm sure we'll get a fix 6 months from now.

I wonder if this and the Connectivity Issues, of last night, are connected. Could it be their servers? Because when I check my net details they are strong, HOWEVER, one of my clan mates reported trying to connect to me at a 6500+ ms ping... that's 6.5 seconds of lag... I checked my details and only 22ms of network latency.

This makes me conclude this is on Warframe's end, and maybe connected to last nights issues.

Just to be clear, I want to state that in most cases for me and clanmates, the "lag" kicks in around 30-45-60ish minutes AFTER they start playing and the game becomes progressively worse as they try to "push through" the lag to complete a mission. Resetting Warframe is sometimes enough to fix the "lag" but not always, sometimes requiring you to reset your system.

Edited by (XB1)TexasBotHurt

Yup I'm experiencing lag, network issues and being stuck in loading screens, what is going on here DE I haven't heard anything about issues from you guys, just the players. I'm not going through all the forums for it either make a statement what is going on so people know. My issues are so bad I can't play in groups anymore due to lag...... well now that I can't load into missions I can't play at all. Seriously get on it and let people know about the issues, we shouldn't have to head to the forums to find this out, statements should be released come on ........some of us do pay for this game!  

Edited by (XB1)BLIX5
Didn't want cursing in the forums it's not worth it I can get points across without it......

I put a ticket in to DE 2 days ago to investigate and have followed all their steps to reset routers, port forward it, change xbox connections, etc and it hasn't made any difference. I've recorded the lag as well but can't submit it to the for evidence. 

Even though I told him there are many others having this same exact problem (there are multiple threads I've seen with this same topic) with this game specifically since the Silver Grove release (my entire raid clan for the past 2 days have stopped doing them because everyone is lagging badly in the same way), it seems unfortunately they aren't willing to look into the possibility it might be a problem on their end.

Infact the exact response I got to that was "I would recommend you to contact Xbox One support" and that was the end of the message. In other words they have no intention of looking further into it on a larger scale and we are unfortunately on our own :(

Ran 5 Void Fissures no problem, 6th Void Fissure starts and I can't move 2 steps without MASSIVE lag spikes. Check my Detailed Network stats... 150mb Download, 47mb upload, 15ms Latency... WTF.

Check Destiny, no problem.

Overwatch, no problem.

Dragon Age: Inquisition MP, no problem.

Back to Warframe, HO LEE SHET lagging like I'm running Hugh'sNet or dialup