The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intermittent freezing

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GURKY BOY said:

Not sure if works for everyone but me and my mate welshvlad tried this on Xbox one.....

On warframe turn off the 

Enable voice, and 

Auto gain control

Under audio settings when u go to options in start menu.

We thought it was a conflict with the chat on game and party chat on box. So after trying different things that seems to be working.

Definitely Im going to try that as soon as possible, thanks for sharing.

OK  update from me  me and mates went Into warframe settings.

Under audio.

And turned off

enable voice.

And auto gain controll outbound.

We all did this.

We still use party chat  In dash 

So far every game  we have played together has worked fine.  worth a go for other people. Will update if anything changes.

see gurkyboy beat me to it lol 

Edited by [DE]Dmitri
to slow

I disabled only the voice chat (enable voice) few days ago and no issues so far. More stress test will come this weekend but for now it is much much better. I was able to do few public missions then all three sortie missions in one session without any freezing! Thanks for sharing GURKY BOY!

6 hours ago, (XB1)GURKY BOY said:

@[DE]Dmitri Any thoughts? ??

We've put in about 8hrs game play now, me, welshvlad and ralmarith and are more than convinced that's fixed it.

Yep, thank you everyone for letting us know the results, and a special thanks to @(XB1)GURKY BOY for sharing this information with us. We have been monitoring this thread on a daily basis and are currently working to narrow down the reason why Voice and Auto gain control seem to be the cause.

For now we strongly encourage everyone to use this as a temporary workaround while we investigate further. Hopefully we can get this resolved in a timely manner so that the workaround will no longer be necessary.

Cheers Gurkyboy.  Shouldn't be to hard for them to find the issue. Dont forget to mention the video tearing that you have also noticed during gameplay with the in game chat  audio enabled. May help narrow something down. ☺

Edited by [DE]Dmitri
Just getting rid of the empty space at the bottom.

Is there a way to let all players know as maybe a mail from the lotus in-game about this "Temporary tear in time-space" because normally i'd play this game day n night but i've found myself playing other stuff UNTILL i saw this post. it'd be a shame to wait till next Dev stream =S

I don't know if I'm just an unlucky one but even with the enable voice and auto bound control disabled, I still am experiencing the intermittent freezes. For me the only temporary long term fix is to perform a full shutdown on the Xbox One. After the Silver Grove update everything was working fine for me however, there were two or three hot fixes that appeared shortly afterwards with the last one fixing something with the chat. It was at this time that I started to experience the intermittent freezes.

I currently have the enable voice and auto outbound disabled just in case, yet the only way I can prevent the freezes long-term has been by doing a full shutdown when I am not playing. Everything on my Xbox and game are fully updated to the most current.

On 21/10/2016 at 10:48 PM, (XB1)ItsTheBlasian said:

I don't know if I'm just an unlucky one but even with the enable voice and auto bound control disabled, I still am experiencing the intermittent freezes. For me the only temporary long term fix is to perform a full shutdown on the Xbox One. After the Silver Grove update everything was working fine for me however, there were two or three hot fixes that appeared shortly afterwards with the last one fixing something with the chat. It was at this time that I started to experience the intermittent freezes.

I currently have the enable voice and auto outbound disabled just in case, yet the only way I can prevent the freezes long-term has been by doing a full shutdown when I am not playing. Everything on my Xbox and game are fully updated to the most current.

Could it be your Region?
I'm at the bottom of England and this trick worked fine for me.
My girl in California though, has had no such luck

When I was having trouble with the freezes, changing region had no effect at all.I've always ran default North East America but I did try switching to Europe but it had no effect.Shutting down the console and doing an hard reset was my only temporary fix, until I disabled Warframe chat audio and auto gain and upto now it's been fine.I get the odd lag spike but nothing like it used to be, which was virtually unplayable at times.I do feel your pain because when it happens it's so frustrating and very hard to continue playing it.I hope DE gets a fix for you soon.

12 hours ago, (XB1)ItsTheBlasian said:

Possibly... I do live in CA but the region I have it set to is the North East. The freezing also makes it difficult to type in the game unless I'm using the smartglass app

The typing i've also struggled with and not just in Warframe, but any other game or app it seems to be slow and delayed, but not always.
That could be an issue up at Microsoft HQ
But that's interesting that CA isn't having this quick-fix work for them.. anyone else in your area also play and not have this work?

1 hour ago, (XB1)Leskus said:

The typing i've also struggled with and not just in Warframe, but any other game or app it seems to be slow and delayed, but not always.
That could be an issue up at Microsoft HQ
But that's interesting that CA isn't having this quick-fix work for them.. anyone else in your area also play and not have this work?

Not that I know of. One of my friends got the bug once but I don't think he's had it since. He hears me talk about it all the time though lol

I'm seeing a huge change in my experience now.  I have disabled chat in the audio settings of my game and the stuttering that I was experiencing before has gone away for the most part.  I'm still seeing lag here and there, but not nearly as bad as it was.  It's almost like it was before the update. I'm playing on 4 man squads, in chat and rarely experiencing an issue.  I was recently playing with friends who were having issues and told them to turn off their chat in game, but it didn't seem to fix anything.  However, to be fair, this was yesterday when everyone started having issues and Xbox Live Services went down for some people.  I disabled the in game voice, turned off the auto gain outbound, and turned the volume all the way down (off) as well.  I live in Los Angeles, California, and have my settings for region set to western or whatever the setting option is.  I don't think the region is a contributor to the issues since I regularly play with friends from Germany, Japan, and Korea, and I don't experience any more or less issues. All of the other issues still exist, but this "fix" (work around) has almost eliminated the worst issue of them all for me, the stuttering.  If DE can figure out what the problem is with the chat and fix it, or just remove the module all together, along with the other significant issues, Warframe would be the best game out there.  Despite the existing issues, Warframe is successfully drawing players away from the big franchise games, and managing to keep them long term.  As an example, I belong to a Halo clan that is external from Microsoft, where the majority of the members are playing Warframe instead.

On 10/26/2016 at 0:33 AM, teknosoca said:

-

We absolutely understand where you are coming from which is why we have been working closely with Microsoft to try and resolve this issue. We have taken into account everything players have suggested and we aren't ruling anything out, but right now our best lead is voice / auto gain control (outbound).

With that said, while working on these freezes we have also discovered some additional improvements to performance which should be arriving with the next Warframe update. Our goal is to have Warframe on the Xbox One running even smoother than it did before these freezes arrived. Without going into too much detail, these improvements should be seen throughout majority of the game. Even the Liset.

We have been and will continue to do everything in our power to improve performance. Hopefully you see a noticeable difference over the next few weeks.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

On 10/27/2016 at 4:42 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

We absolutely understand where you are coming from which is why we have been working closely with Microsoft to try and resolve this issue. We have taken into account everything players have suggested and we aren't ruling anything out, but right now our best lead is voice / auto gain control (outbound).  With that said, while working on these freezes we have also discovered some additional improvements to performance which should be arriving with the next Warframe update. Our goal is to have Warframe on the Xbox One running even smoother than it did before these freezes arrived. Without going into too much detail, these improvements should be seen throughout majority of the game. Even the Liset.  [...]  :community:

Thank you [DE]Dmitri for your time and effort working through this issue with all of us, and for updating us when possible.  The performance improvements you mentioned are in fact part of the next update that has gone to "Cert" already.  That is awesome.  I'm very excited to see what you guys were able to do.  Hopefully one of the performance improvements helps when there are one or more Hydroid warframes on a mission doing their tentacles, just as an example.  Regardless of that, I'm happy to see how many items are included in this next update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

With this newest update to Warframe (The Index Preview), we're happy to bring to our Xbox One community some significant performance improvements (such as navigating the Liset, using certain weapons / abilities, or playing endless missions). At this time, we'd like to ask those who were affected by the intermittent freezing to please try enabling "Voice" and "Auto gain control (outbound)" again. We would like to confirm whether or not this issue has been resolved.

As always, we very much appreciate your continued support and help!