Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LF help with builds; Soma, Tigris and Galatine

(XBOX)Puxo1105

Question

As title say, now that I have tried alot of weapons at max rank I had settled with "Galatine" as melee (absolutly love it) and then Tigris as primary (and soma as side option)
And have looked around on mods and also some builds.

First of Galatine, I have seen that many builds use Body Count, Berserker and Blood Rush, looks like awesome combo, high crit when streak, streak hold 15sec and then high speed when crit.
But the problem I see is that body count is impossible to get as reward/drop now?
So its kinda looks like that combo is useless else. So is there any other galatine builds thats works out great?

Looked around on tigris abit and found a 100% status build.
Frigid Blast, Scattering Inferno, Toxic Barrage, Blaze, Shell Shock (and move around them depending on what type you need) and then Hells Chamber and Point Blank. And lastly sweeping Serration. Where Sweeping Serration is not easy to get, what should you look for in exchange? Read punch trough,, is that the way to go?

For some, crit build would be good I guess with high base crit.
So Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense and Point Strike, and then fill out with damage type, 2+1
Last slot I have seen Heavy Caliber, but is there any other that would work great on soma? Not a fan of that -acc for +dmg =)

If you have any other tips on builds for this 3 weapons, please let me know, looking for anything now and want to try me forward until I decided and start rank up to high rank mods =)

7 answers to this question

For the Soma (Prime), I I think everyone would agree on a crit build.This is the build I use right now : https://goo.gl/wweubX (It does use forma though).

For the Tigris (Prime), I think unless you are going on an endless mission with high-level enemies, a straight-up damage build will do just fine. This is my current build: https://goo.gl/3UzLRM (once again, it does use forma).

Finally, for the Galatiine (Prime), if you don't have Body Count, I recommend that you buy it, as a crit build gets much weaker without this mod, and a crit-melee is arguably the best damage dealing melee. If you can't, however, you can just go for straight-up damage, which, because endless missions really matter for the time being, still one-shots about everything. This is my recommended build: https://goo.gl/4jHfTw (again, forma).

These are the builds fit for me, and the ones I consider the most fun to use with these weapons. You can always edit them for your personal interests (like a life strike in the Galatine Build, or more reload speed for the Tigris). All the primed mods/120% mods can easily be replaced with their common counterparts, and they still work fine with the build.

Best of luck!

Edited by ZenshadowOfZramx

15 hours ago, ZenshadowOfZramx said:

For the Soma (Prime), I I think everyone would agree on a crit build.This is the build I use right now : https://goo.gl/wweubX (It does use forma though).

For the Tigris (Prime), I think unless you are going on an endless mission with high-level enemies, a straight-up damage build will do just fine. This is my current build: https://goo.gl/3UzLRM (once again, it does use forma).

Finally, for the Galatiine (Prime), if you don't have Body Count, I recommend that you buy it, as a crit build gets much weaker without this mod, and a crit-melee is arguably the best damage dealing melee. If you can't, however, you can just go for straight-up damage, which, because endless missions really matter for the time being, still one-shots about everything. This is my recommended build: https://goo.gl/4jHfTw (again, forma).

These are the builds fit for me, and the ones I consider the most fun to use with these weapons. You can always edit them for your personal interests (like a life strike in the Galatine Build, or more reload speed for the Tigris). All the primed mods/120% mods can easily be replaced with their common counterparts, and they still work fine with the build.

Best of luck!

Buzz Kill, replace with Jagged Edge? Or is that too great of a lose and therefore other mod better to replace with?
Sweeping Serration, replace with Seeking Force? Or any other better ones for that?

As both of this is hard to come by =/

I will rather spend my plat on a Body Count then for a high crit build with Galatine rather then Buzz Kill or Sweeping Serration =)

If you can buy Body Count, go for it! It's a great mod, and will make melee weapons with a crit chance of about 15% or higher viable for a crit build. But, as you said, Buzz Kill can be replaced with Jagged Edge, and Sweeping Serration can be replaced with Seeking Force to rip through crowds. You could also consider replacing Sweeping Serration with Shredder, to increase the slash damage of the weapon if you need more damage output.

Good luck! 

For the Tigris Prime, I suggest

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Force
  • Sweeping Serration (with Radiation-Viral) or Charged Shell or Contagious Spread (with Corrosive-Blast)
  • 4 60% status-elemental mods

If you don't have Sweeping Serration, you can replace it with Chilling Grasp or Contagious Spread to boost the Viral proc chance. This is also one situation where Shredder might actually be a viable choice for a substitute, though I haven't run the numbers to see how it stacks up.

Blaze is not necessary on the Tigris Prime because the damage output of both of the above builds depends on the status procs more than the raw damage and the Heat damage from Blaze decreases the proc chance for the more important status in both builds. The Radiation-Viral build focuses on the high chance to proc at least one Viral proc to maximize the damage dealt by the large number of Slash procs. The Corrosive-Blast build (which outperforms the Radiation-Viral build at extremely high levels where enemies will survive multiple shots) focuses on shredding enemy armor with its Corrosive procs while simultaneously burning through enemy health with Slash procs.

For the Soma Prime, I'm currently running

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Shred
  • 3 90% elemental mods

If you have Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds, you can replace one of the elemental mods with it, though I'm perfectly satisfied with the old-school build. I run Corrosive-Cold for armored Grineer and Corrupted, Viral-Heat for unarmored Grineer, Magnetic-Toxin for Corpus, and Corrosive-Heat for Infested.

The decreased accuracy from Heavy Caliber makes it harder to make use of the headshot critical damage multiplier. I find it not worth the increased raw damage.

If you plan on using melee extensively, Body Count and Blood Rush are definitely your first priorities over any other mods you may be missing.

28 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

For the Tigris Prime, I suggest

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Force
  • Sweeping Serration (with Radiation-Viral) or Charged Shell or Contagious Spread (with Corrosive-Blast)
  • 4 60% status-elemental mods

If you don't have Sweeping Serration, you can replace it with Chilling Grasp or Contagious Spread to boost the Viral proc chance. This is also one situation where Shredder might actually be a viable choice for a substitute, though I haven't run the numbers to see how it stacks up.

Blaze is not necessary on the Tigris Prime because the damage output of both of the above builds depends on the status procs more than the raw damage and the Heat damage from Blaze decreases the proc chance for the more important status in both builds. The Radiation-Viral build focuses on the high chance to proc at least one Viral proc to maximize the damage dealt by the large number of Slash procs. The Corrosive-Blast build (which outperforms the Radiation-Viral build at extremely high levels where enemies will survive multiple shots) focuses on shredding enemy armor with its Corrosive procs while simultaneously burning through enemy health with Slash procs.

For the Soma Prime, I'm currently running

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Shred
  • 3 90% elemental mods

If you have Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds, you can replace one of the elemental mods with it, though I'm perfectly satisfied with the old-school build. I run Corrosive-Cold for armored Grineer and Corrupted, Viral-Heat for unarmored Grineer, Magnetic-Toxin for Corpus, and Corrosive-Heat for Infested.

The decreased accuracy from Heavy Caliber makes it harder to make use of the headshot critical damage multiplier. I find it not worth the increased raw damage.

If you plan on using melee extensively, Body Count and Blood Rush are definitely your first priorities over any other mods you may be missing.

Thanks for all the info (y)