Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Favorite Anime and Why :3

(PSN)joshw1400

37 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

did you even read the list

Im pretty sure the only thing from the list that Ghost in the Shell has is cuteness.

You said "literally no cute stuff". Well there's literally only one cute thing in the whole show: those funny spider-robots with their child-like AI individuality. That's about it.

Aside from that Ghost in the Shell is considered to be one of the best anime out there with a lot of very serious philosophical topics. Mostly trans-humanism, Ai issues and politics. It's basically Deus Ex: The Anime.

Just now, Artek94 said:

Im pretty sure the only thing from the list that Ghost in the Shell has is cuteness.

You said "literally no cute stuff". Well there's literally only one cute thing in the whole show: those funny spider-robots with their child-like AI individuality. That's about it.

Aside from that Ghost in the Shell is considered to be one of the best anime out there with a lot of very serious philosophical topics. Mostly trans-humanism, Ai issues and politics. It's basically Deus Ex: The Anime.

Well that show looks Metal Gear (Rising) inspired, I'll look forward into it.

6 hours ago, heskaroid said:

did you even read the list

Well let's see. I'm only referring to GitS, because that's the one i was recommending.

the setting is serious as hell - Check, It's a counter-terrorism department

no cat girl bs - Check, none whatsoever

literally no cute stuff - Only cute in an endearing way, Batou is super nice with the Tachikomas

takes place in any era, preferably ww2 - Not ww2, but you don't seem to mind that much.

old male characters have facial hairs - Ishikawa and the Chief

gore (optional) - A fair amount of it

cool action scenes - Amazing action scenes [although that is a subjective requirement]

mind blowing moments - Plenty, it's got it's fairy share of twists turns and revelations.

no cute stuff - you already said this

female characters that don't look like 18 - Nope, everyone is a full grown, competent adult.

Seems to me it all checks out.

*EDIT* Just looked back and i can't believe i never realized Ghost in the Shell's acronym was "gits". I find that hilarious.

Edited by Omnijack

33 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

SHUN.

Okay.. seriously now:

My first favourite Anime was

Pokemon... that was in 1999 (I also knew Sailor moon, Ganbare! Kickers (just kickers in german) and a really old anime named Cat's eyes - liked none of em ;) )

Before that, there was Thundercats (which is not a anime I know)... that was when I was around 6 or 7 years old.

Then came the old megaman cartoon (I once fought with someone on YT over wether it's an anime or a cartoon... It was animated in Canada,... So it's no anime -_-) Please watch the german Intro of Megaman. - if you are into EDM... That sound just screams Eurodance...hmmm the 90s where awesome

BEst_INTRO_EVER.

Oh.. and that's when I actively started watching Anime... first came the already mentioned Pokemon hype

That lasted 1 year lol - until 2000 when Digimon aired in the german speaking areas of the world.

By that time RTL2- the channel that aired all  digimon and pokemon, took notice of the growing interest in anime...

They aired many... Dragonball, DragonballZ (which I wasn't allowed to watch lol), Dr. Slump, Ranma 1/2 , Inuyasha, later Naruto, Powerstone, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Hamtaro, beyblade, Yu gi oh, One piece.. and many more... that went until 2012... now it's just a cr*p channel that shows poorly made german reality soaps.

Oh... and my next addiction was Gundam Wing from 2005 to 2013... which I still have the name "Sandrock" from in my ID (actually It's WERElektro now) which.. was my favourite Gundam. I also own a SHI*TON (literally) of Gundam figures. around 9 different Sandrocks lol.

I also ordered a lot of DVDs ... my favourite memory is FLCL.... which is so extremely funny. Also watched GGundam (yeah racist stereotype mechs are fun)... Ghost in the shell, Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex (I still listen to the OST a lot),.... I am probably forgetting to name a lot of em

Ah...

During 2003 MTV germany also aired some animes - most remarkable was Vision Of Escaflowne...

You see.... I am soooo old, I watched most Animes on TV. I even recorded some on tape.

And now? Now my favourite thing is warframe.

Ugh... quite a long post? DidN't expect this,after I indicated that I do not think too high of anime,  right ? ;)

Well.. it's always fun to write about things you liked when you were young... And I am in a slightly better mood now... thank you , op!

Edited by WEREsandrock
fixes

Just now, heskaroid said:

Yeah so disliking your tastes of depraved anime genres is prohibited. Okay.

I mean, we all got different tastes, but it doesn't stop me from expressing my opinions :/

...hero academy and one punch man aren't depraved...;-;

And I wasn't trying to prohibit anything. It was (admittedly) a poor attempt at humor, which apparently didn't really translate well through text.

Just now, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

...hero academy and one punch man aren't depraved...;-;

And I wasn't trying to prohibit anything. It was (admittedly) a poor attempt at humor, which apparently didn't really translate well through text.

I was a semi joking about the misanthropist part tbh, and sorry if I wasn't very specific about those abysmal anime genres. Hero academy and one punch man are alright.

Edited by heskaroid

8 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Okay.. seriously now:

My first favourite Anime was

Pokemon... that was in 1999 (I also knew Sailor moon, Ganbare! Kickers (just kickers in german) and a really old anime named Cat's eyes - liked none of em ;) )

Before that, there was Thundercats (which is not a anime I know)... that was when I was around 6 or 7 years old.

Then came the old megaman cartoon (I once fought with someone on YT over wether it's an anime or a cartoon... It was animated in Canada,... So it's no anime -_-) Please watch the german Intro of Megaman. - if you are into EDM... That sound just screams Eurodance...hmmm the 90s where awesome

BEst_INTRO_EVER.

Oh.. and that's when I actively started watching Anime... first came the already mentioned Pokemon hype

That lasted 1 year lol - until 2000 when Digimon aired in the german speaking areas of the world.

By that time RTL2- the channel that aired all that aired digimon and pokemon, took notice of the growing interest in anime...

They aired many... Dragonball, DragonballZ (which I wasn't allowed to watch lol), Dr. Slump, Ranma 1/2 , Inuyasha, later Naruto, Powerstone, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Hamtaro, beyblade, Yu gi oh, One piece.. and many more... that went until 2012... no it's just a cr*p channel that shows poorly made german reality soaps.

Oh... and my next addiction was Gundam Wing from 2005 to 2013... which I still have the name "Sandrock" from in my ID (actually It's WERElektro now) which.. was my favourite Gundam. I also own a SHI*TON (literally) of Gundam figures. around 9 different Sandrocks lol.

I also ordered a lot of DVDs ... my favourite memory is FLCL.... which is so extremely funny. Also watched GGundam (yeah racist stereotype mechs are fun)... Ghost in the shell, Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex (I still listen to the OST a lot),.... I am probably forgetting to name a lot of em

Ah...

During 2003 MTV germany also aired some animes - most remarkable was Vision Of Escaflowne...

You see.... I am soooo old, I watched most Animes on TV. I even recorded some on tape.

And now? Now my favourite thing is warframe.

Ugh... quite a long post? DidN't expect this,after I indicated that I not think too high of anime,  right ? ;)

Well.. it's always fun to write about things you liked when you were young... And I am in a slightly better mood now... thank you , op!

11/10 for mentioning hamtaro

school rumble and sabagebu are honorable mentions beside the others I posted...judge at your own peril

5 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

11/10 for mentioning hamtaro

school rumble and sabagebu are honorable mentions beside the others I posted...judge at your own peril

I always found the show rather irritating. But I guess it's a cute show for little children. Just sad that in the broadcasting schedule it was surrounded by BS that mainly tries to sell you merchandise...

Like Yu Gi Oh and Beyblade... omg... I just realized that the corpus must be behind those shows.... DAMN YOU DARVO DX