Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "kills" my HDD

Djora

Question

Every time I play Warframe after a while, like half an hour or so, my HDD just vanish from explorer and cant be accessed, it's really annoying.
I have checked temperature and it is quite fine, so overheating is not a problem. This is only happening when I'm playing Warframe, when I play other games it never happens.
I have 1 SSD where is my system and Steam/ Warframe installed and one more HDD that is shutting down. Until i installed Steam and Warframe on my C drive, I would get game crashes and had to restart my computer every half an hour.

Can someone help me please, I'm tired of restarting my computer every time I finish with Warframe? :D

Specs: Intel i-5 2320, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770

Edited by Djora

2 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Djora said:

and one more HDD that is shutting down. Until i installed Steam and Warframe on my C drive, I would get game crashes and had to restart my computer every half an hour.

Sounds like it could be 'sleep' settings for the hdd but it could also be a faulty hard drive, socket/motherboard or sata (assumed hdd is sata) cable to it.  You'll need to do some system checks to find out which one.