Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Xbox controller is back to front (pc)

Jo-Joy

Hi Tenno,

Here's the gist: I'm a PC player but I use a controller and have been for a year now, but have somehow got myself in what seems like an unfathomable mess!

So in my excitement during an OD Mod hunt, I must have been pressing any button know to man, and suddenly my controls are all back to front.

I'm now looking at my warframe as though I am a left hand player, with my aim coming over the left shoulder of my frame rather than the right.

My left joy stick is now for the camera movements, where up is now down, left is now right.

Meaning my right joy stick is for walking around (the movements for this have stayed normal).

My walking around (right) joystick now appears to be extremely connected to the left one and any way my camera goes (left stick), my warframe goes too! This is highly frustrating and causing me generally to walk around in circles on my ship as i'm finding it almost impossible to get to the navigation (or anywhere in fact).

I've tried re-calibrating the controller through the control panel on my PC, I've also had a look at the in game controller settings, i'm afraid this ain't giving me the answer either.

Unfortunately my PC and controller knowledge is very limited, and would appreciate any help to be written in the format of a "how to do .... for dummies" kind of thing :D

Look forward to hearing back from you guys :)

Cheers, 

Jo-Joy

Edited by Jo-Joy

Oh....

Why is this in off topic?

1) I was expecting an xbox bash post

2) I feel obliged to try to help.

Ok.

But I'm not too technically savy...

Welp, if it's not getting fixed in either in game settings or on your pc, it might seen like itd be a problem with your controller, but controllers aren't masterpieces of technology. They either work or dont, so I doubt you could have been punishing it enough to cause it to go haywire, or itd simply be broken (xbox controller though, so I don't know). If it works normally on other games, it's the in game settings of course....

I do know, that apparently ingame, you are able to switch your warframe aim from left to right in settings (apparently, it's hear say I heard elsewhere, havnt tried it, and I don't know why we can't do it in game, or even if we really can/can't at all).

So, my question(s) to you is : 

1) Does the controller work normally any other time you are playing another game?

If so, it is definitely something in your settings. I don't have answers to how it happened.

2) Are there controller settings on steam for warframe that you use? (don't know how that part works). Maybe in the excitement, somehow in the background, those settings were changed.

But don't look at me, I don't really know.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
That horrible run on sentence. I always was terrible at grammar

If your machine happens to be an Alienware Alpha like mine is, you'll likely find that you're able to use your Controller as both a Mouse/Keyboard, AND a controller.

1: If this happens to be the case: Hit all of these buttons at the same time.

L-Trigger, R-Trigger, LB, RB, LeftStick(Click).

This will turn off Mouse navigation mode, and return you to a controller state.

2: If this is NOT the case, however, Try unplugging/replugging the remote to the USB.
Driver malfunctions are known to happen from time to time, and even moreso with a USB Driver.

3: If that does not work, restart the computer, for the reason mentioned above.
Windows just may need to re-load the driver after a long period of use, due to malfunction.

4: If all else fails, you may need to reinstall the drivers the remote came with.
Here is a good guide to follow for this step:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

(Do note you will need to unplug the USB and replug it in after you are done uninstalling the drivers)

5: If it is not a driver issue, it may be a controller hardware issue, and may need deeper examination.

Hope this helped.

-RetroRender