Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to get platinum?

KickTheBox

Question

I'm mastery rank 6, currently on neptune, and by far the only method I've used for getting platinum was to sell prime junk. I've heard that selling prime sets is more profitable so, I was wondering if there are sets that I can collect and sell to others? Sets that others will actually buy.

I can only do lith, meso and neo fissures only.

Edited by Lightningl

8 answers to this question

(INCOMING)

This may sound strange but just about everything you do in Warframe is worth plat and rightfully so.

The key is figuring out how to funnel certain things into traceable goods that other players will want. The only items that are not worth plat in this entire game are resources like Alloy Plat, Neurodes, Nitain, Orokin Cells, ect.

I don't want to confuse anyone. I'm not talking a lot of plat in some cases but all the little pieces can add up to a notable chunk of change, esp later in the game progression when you no longer need certain things.

As an example. Extra copies of mods and credits can be turned into Endo. Those mods and credits can upgrade a popular mod to Max and that Max mod can be sold for Plat. In a strange way Affinity Boosters are worth plat. If you use them well, they pay for themselves and often earn you a little extra due to the time you save leveling items that you can in turn use to focus on farming something else.

In terms of Pure Profit for your time spent the best things from best to worst are.....

Event Mods:  Certain events like the Acolytes drop mods but only for a limited time. These mods usually rise in value until those events are either released again or the mods are added to the normal drop table of the game. The thing with this is that they return almost as clockwork, every 7-8 months after their initial release. This  method takes time to mature in profit however it's the best Time Vs Plat ratio in the game. (Most of the time) There's a bit of intuition to this. Knowing when to sell and knowing which mods will be worth money. It takes a bit of experience.

Vaulted  or New Release Prime Sets:  Within the first weeks of release prime sets are usually worth a good amount of plat and well worth farming at the same time Vaulted Frames gain value over time the longer they've been vaulted. Like Event mods Vaulted Sets takes a little intuition of knowing if people will want the weapons or frames. For instance Mag is vaulted  however not many people use her so her value has not gone up. In addition to this she was un-vaulted when everyone's keys were converted to relics so many of us have a lot of hers still. Loki was vaulted but is a very popular frame, he will gain value. Like Event mods vaulting and un-vaulting (so far) is on a time set. They vault a new frame every time they add a new prime frame and the order typically goes by their release date. Like right now I can tell you that Nova is the next vaulted frame and Banshee should be the next primed frame. It's important to know this so you know when to sell or farm for vaulted frames. Ember is next to be un-vaulted likely in late November.

Syndicate Missions and Medallions:  Using a maximized setup like Ignis + Carrier + Animal Instinct and the proper frame for each mission type you can generally clear all 9 syndicate missions in about 40minutes. The rep gained from these missions and medallions can be used to sell syndicate mods (or currently melee Weapons have better value) but eventually the weapons always end up lower in rep > plat ratio than the mods. This is not a lot of plat in terms of the amount since they have a daily cap however the Time Vs Plat ratio in doing them is very good. You'll generally make 30-40p per day doing these.

Fomorian and Endo Farming:  Fomorian events are the best Endo farm in the game (when they're around) one is due soon however. The key to these it speed and Nekros. You can farm parts for keys and spam the missions with an avg... If I recall it;s 2.5p per mission at 4 minutes total farm. Other than that Sorties and Excavation are the best sources of Endo and can be used to max mods and sell them. Usually Primed mods. This obviously is a late progression method since you would need Endo for progression otherwise.

Normal or Current release Prime Sets:  This is actually last one the list. I hardly farm prime sets outside new releases or Vaulted. It's not a great use of time in terms of profit. However for a player who still needs prime sets for progression and play they have alternate value and are be worth while to do. They can also compete with Endo Farming in profit but only when you have pre-made groups running for specific pieces.

This list is mostly from a perspective of pure plat gains and some of it might not be useful to you right away but eventually it might so I thought I'd ramble about my experiences making plat in Warframe. I'd suggest Syndicates and Prime Set farming for newer players but keep the other stuff in mind for when the time comes.

-Sincerely,

A Rich Bastard.

Rank up in a syndicate, it's like having access to an atm machine.  On the Xbox I can sell syndicate mods for 20 to 25p each.  I've made thousands of platinum doing that, enough to buy nearly every vaulted prime thing at exorbitant prices without spending real momey.  

Best of all, there's no RNG wall.  That's why farming prime parts is for suckers.

Tips:

Save up your standing for special events.  When Rathuum and Fatal Teleport came out, I made a fortune selling Ash mods.  In the week after Nekros Prime dropped, I made 1500p selling Nekros mods.  It sounds like PC players overcharged for syndicate melee weapons after they came out.  That's what I'm saving for now.

Join two allied syndicates rather than trying to do three or four different ones.  It will save you a ton of grinding and you will earn standing faster because every syndicate mission you run or mark you hand in will give you 50% free standing in the allied syndicate.  You aren't trying to gain access to everything, you just want more stuff to sell.  It's easy to buy or trade for what you need from the other syndicates.

Don't sell the primary weapons.  It's not a great return on your standing.  If you have time to spend in trade chat, sell mods.  If you want quick plat, sell the secondary weapon or melee. The price is generally only 5p less than the primary.

Use Loot Detector to find marks and wear your syndicates' best sigil to get extra standing.