Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some hydroid tips

Get_Of_Fenris

Question

4 answers to this question

i think the mod that you really need on him, especially on farming runs, is pilfering swarm and narrow minded, pilfering swarm increases the loots when they die when they are entangled by a tentacle, and narrow minded, not only does it increase the duration of his ultimate, but it also reduces the range at which his 1 and 4 affects, cause as of right now, there's no way to influence the number of "cannon fire" on his 1 or the number of tentacles on his ultimate, so increasing the range would only make it harder to hit enemies with it

He has 2 tactical aspects that are quite valuable despite his miserable appearance and ever more so popularity:

1. His 4th ability Tentacle Swarm, when the augment mod Pilfering Swarm, can yield additional loot when enemy is trapped by the tentacles when killed. With an efficiency heavy build with respectable strength, you can solo farm resources very effectively, since you get more resources from kill and the additional energy orbs drop keeps you going. Although the individual tentacle packs won't last very long, you are expected to repeatedly cast the ability whenever you see an enemy, since there is a slight target capture inconsistency with the ability.  

A 0 forma setup with potato I use: Pilfering Swarm, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Continuity (Primed or otherwise), Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Stretch, Vitality/Redirection; aura Energy Siphon. You can improvise on this to fit your playstyle and fit in more mod with additional forma.

2. His 3rd ability Undertow, is useful in Interception mission. If you cast it on top of a console, you can effectively afk defend the point alone. You want to have high efficiency and duration for low energy cost, as well as a respectable range for pool radius, Strength is not at all required since you aim to contain, not to kill.

A 0 forma setup: Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Continuity (Primed or otherwise), Constitution, Stretch, Overextended, Flow (Primed or otherwise). Again, you are more than welcomed to improvise on this to fit your playstyle and fit in more mod with additional forma.

Enjoy the tentacle man.

Also for the love of Clem, DO NOT COLOR YOUR ENERGY PINK.

1 hour ago, CatalystD said:

Also for the love of Clem, DO NOT COLOR YOUR ENERGY PINK.

This. Yellow is much better.

45 minutes ago, Fearlessmutt said:

what weapons should I bring to compliment his abilities, especially the primary/melee setup?

Gunblade shots and anything that has ground slams as part of a combo can trigger his passive so that could be fun
(though TBH I still just use my Primed Reach Maiming Strike Orthos Prime for everything lol).

With how Tentacle Swarm makes enemies a pain to hit, an AoE Primary (or Secondary, yay Staticor)
might be a good idea - Ignis and Secura Penta are two of my personal favorites,
Tonkor / Synoid Simulor would also be nice for a quick cleanup after Undertow I guess.