Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dont konw what to do

sta6a2411

Question

I have played this game for about a month and I am still pretty new to this game.

I'm currently mastery rank 8. I use mainly Excalibur and Loki prime. I have made my way to Neptune but I don't know what to do next.

It feels like I can't survive in missions. Without spamming Exalted Blade I can't deal enough amount of damage. I don't know how could other player one shot enemies so easily.

Can anyone give me some directions?

10 answers to this question

I'd recommend starting to ranking up your survivability mods like redirection and vitality if you're finding it way too hard to stay alive this will help a lot along with damage mods so you're still able to kill things. You can do excavation missions basically anywhere you have unlocked I believe they all give the same amount of endo so you'll be able to level up mods and get relics as a bonus 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

for loki try to get quick thinking.... vitality and redirection are pretty bad on him...try to group enemies then use some explosive wepons and boom^   check warframe builder site to help u get grip with modeing stuff later u will have easyer time wen u learn some core stuff

If you are finding the current enemy's too difficult I would suggest going back a few planets where you can more easily handle the enemies. This way you can kill and practice your movement  (something key to staying alive and dodging enemy projectiles)

Another thing to consider is collecting and maxing vital mods. Mods like VitalityRedirection and Steel Fiber are great for keeping your Warframes alive as they add extra defenses (though I wouldn't use Steel Fiber on anything with lower than 100 base armor as the increase is minuscule). Also, mods like StreamlineStretchContinuity and Intensify are great for strengthening your Warframes abilities. This will help you deal more damage while using Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Stealth longer with Loki's Invisibility, Blind enemies at a greater distance with an extended duration when using Excaliburs Radial Blind and much more! Modding is such an important aspect of the game as it allows you to custom tailor Warframes and weapons to suit your own playstyle. A list of "essential" mods can be found here.

How does one obtain and max mods? Well, that's pretty simple. Mods can be awarded from fallen enemies, mission rewards Transmutation etc. And what you will need to rank them up is Endo. for length's sake an overview of Endo can be found here.

The last aspect I want to cover is Forma. In a nutshell Forma is your best friend in your darkest hour. When you're out of mod capacity for your weapons and Warframes (Which you can boost by using a Catalyst or Reactor respectively) Forma is what you will use to polarize the item. Polarizing a Warframe or Weapon will reset it's level back to 0 and add the polarity that you chose. Matching your mods polarity to it will halve the mods cost. giving you more mod capacity as you rank the weapon back up. If you still find yourself low on mod capacity you can always Forma the item again. You may use a Forma as many times as you like. 

There are great suggestions on this thread.. and if you look on steam there are also some great guides on getting better at this game..  and there is always warframe.wikia.com.  There are tons of resources to learn to get better.  I've also taken to going to warframe-builder.. not to copy builds.. but to get an idea of how folks think about builds on certain weapons.. and it allows you to see the effect of certain mods without going through the pain of acquiring the mods/weapons/formas..   

This game requires actual reading to get good at it.. the game itself just gives the smallest hints of the complexity that lies underneath.

I would also highly recommend these actions:

Join a clan.  There are many out there.. find one that appeals and get some folks to run with.

Farm some of the lower end bosses to get warframe blue prints and build those suckers.  There are lots of things all the frames are capable of.. you'll learn more about the game by trying to make them work in the tons of situations this game gives you.

Edited by goatMissileAlpha