Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Morphics From Vor

Ghobe

New player: "Well looks like I'm not going to be able to use that Cronus anytime soon..."

Time for that sword to be outclassed in the meantime...

Edit: got space Ninja'd a galaxy far away...

Then change the Cronus to either being crafted with no rare material and/or introduce a new "rare" material that will be used in all "newbie" weapons. Or hell even set it to require an Orokin Cell(a.k.a. give them a reason to move towards the next boss).

Read the full length of my post and more than just the title kthx.

I've never gotten a morphic from vor, and i've been trying to farm them, I don't think the drop rates there are good at all for it.

Seriously? I typically get 2 a run. 1 from him and 1 from a locker/container somewhere along the way. The drop rate there is phenomenal.

Edited by Ghobe

Read the full length of my post and more than just the title kthx.

Seriously? I typically get 2 a run. 1 from him and 1 from a locker/container somewhere along the way. The drop rate there is phenomenal.

Not a single one in the past week from anywhere, it's actually really odd.

I agree with the OP in the sense that the sheer need for materials from mercury makes high lvls plow thru the stage in face of the recent demand. It's not limited to Morphics, Since M Prime is scoured for ferrite on a hourly basis. It did cross my mind that a lot of the complaints for rushers might spawn from this. That and it can't be good for starting players to meet with people speed farming for mats so soon.

It's fine for now, I'm sure this will change with more area's introduced and level locks introduced to the beginning area's, but for now there's no point holding content back from players. 

It's fine for now, I'm sure this will change with more area's introduced and level locks introduced to the beginning area's, but for now there's no point holding content back from players. 

Dread Despair and Hate are all fairly new end-game-ish weapons for what content we currently have. They all require low level materials, despair and hate being the better examples with a need for 10 morphics and 5k ferrite each. So they introduced new weapons, not even 1 major patch ago that went straight into the nub zone. You can say they'll learn from this, but there needs to be an outcry, or they won't care enough to avoid doing similar things in the future.

This is also not holding content back from players. It's moving the content. Keeping high level players in their high level zones and allowing low level players to do their thing at their own learning pace in their low level areas. This is extremely important for people that have been in the game <10 hours. Now you can go ahead and argue that you can get geared enough for Pluto within 10 hours, but we know how to do that, they don't.

Edited by Ghobe

Lol. New players also need morphics. How about you farm ambulas or anyo instead?

If you aren't that high level, why not switch to solo when farming vor? New players won't be able to complain and you won't complain too.

^ This guy gave best point and just finished this argument.

I also countered that point -.-

Yes you did, but i think separating newbies with those who has been playing for while, is kinda harsh thing to do.

Instead, what DE should do is give rank limit to those weapons that is op. Not take away materials from new players.

some weapons need rank limit, like despair, Hate, and Dread.

Edited by Sir.R.Tea

Yes you did, but i think separating newbies with those who has been playing for while, is kinda harsh thing to do.

I'm not talking complete separation. It's one thing to prevent a high level from guiding a low level. It's another to force a high level to farm low level materials and they're too lazy to turn off online.

some weapons need rank limit, like despair, Hate, and Dread.

Adding a rank limit will not stop high levels from farming low levels....at all. You're also not really taking the material away from the low level. You would be moving it from Vor to just Anyo and Ambulas. The Cronus, would no longer require Morphics, and all would be well. By the time they reach the point that they want to make a new weapon, Anyo will be within reach and if they were really lucky with drops, they could even attempt Ambulas.

Honestly I don't know why Stalker drops don't require something like Nanospores(yea I know Dread) or Circuits instead of Ferrite anyways.

I would actually prefer it that you cannot obtain components from the main path of the game's story, but make some side missions that reward components.

A main story is important. Farming is also important. Don't put them together, just make side missions.

I agree with OP, i usually farm Anyo for morphics (way way better than Vor and still dies in 1 Hek-shot) since i can get up to 3-4 morph/run

I've been lucky, when i started playing, i have enjoyed all bosses with great fights, and if happens that i'm farming a low lvl boss i usually stay 'behind' and cover the group when he needs help, is kinda relaxing babysitting sometimes XD

Else i go private/solo if i have no spare time to 'waste'

Farming Anyo is more efficient than Vor, since I can get 2 to 3 Morphics a run. Vor only drops 1.

Also OP how would a new player be expected to craft his first weapon without an easy source of Morphics ? Jackal is easier to get to and take down compared to the Anyo which can spawn tons of adds, while Jackal spawns some.... Osprey bombers.

If all these areas are "too easy" for you, stick to Europa, at least it drops Rubedo AND Morphics or if you are great Pluto which drops the same thing.

Otherwise make all bosses trigger ONLY if the entire team is in or their requisite boss door requires 2 team mates to open.

Edited by fatpig84

Op is clearly correct, but people just like to argue it seems.

One caveat, when I forma a frame or start a new frame, I'm going back to mercury for some time.  Farming vor for morphics in a fresh frame (but good guns) only has one upside, and that's morphics.

Regardless, I'd just be fine with him dropping some other item and changing the crafting formula for the cronus... experienced players can farm just about anywhere with fresh gear because they know how to get it done.

So here's my problem with Vor dropping Morphics. Morphics is needed for quite a lot of end-gamey(current game) weapons(Gorgon, Despair, etc) and it's needed by the lots. However, Morphics drop in 3 places right now, Vor, Anyo, and Ambulas. I'd maybe push for removing it from Anyo as well, but it's not nearly as big of an issue as it is with Vor. Why is it such a big issue with it being on Vor? Because this is the first boss of the game and this is typically when the game gets "lame" "boring" "stupid" for newer players that decide to go online instead of sticking with other newbie friends/solo. This is because one of us high levels come in and rush straight to Vor as quick as we can, decimate him in a few shots, grab our drop, and go. This is a problem in the eyes of a LOT of new players, in fact it's one of the most common complaints I see from newbies giving feedback. However, if Vor never dropped our "end-game" material, this wouldn't be a problem to begin with.

So here's what I suggest: Remove Morphics from Vor. Then change the Cronus to either being crafted with no rare material and/or introduce a new "rare" material that will be used in all "newbie" weapons. Or hell even set it to require an Orokin Cell(a.k.a. give them a reason to move towards the next boss).

Had a topic some time ago about rushing.

What "high level" can't solo vor?Do solo,no damage to newbies.Why do you chose to go online and obviously make their playtime a miserable experience?

Had a topic some time ago about rushing.

What "high level" can't solo vor?Do solo,no damage to newbies.Why do you chose to go online and obviously make their playtime a miserable experience?

Because people are &#036;&amp;*^s. You can't stop it, but you can make it not as rewarding.

I don't understand how people can intentionally ignore the OP first intention and tell him "go play solo".

This is not a valid response.

Anyway, of course the ideal solution is to avoid rushers in normal missions. Many threads are discussing this, so I won't address the entire problem here.

In the particular case of Vor, the most simple idea was proposed earlier : unlock Vor only when all players reach his room. Rushers will flee, helpers will stay, newcomers will enjoy.

I don't understand how people can intentionally ignore the OP first intention and tell him "go play solo".

This is not a valid response.

Anyway, of course the ideal solution is to avoid rushers in normal missions. Many threads are discussing this, so I won't address the entire problem here.

In the particular case of Vor, the most simple idea was proposed earlier : unlock Vor only when all players reach his room. Rushers will flee, helpers will stay, newcomers will enjoy.

Well it kind of is....but not just for OP. If you have a high level suit and can grind 3 different places for Morphics, why would anyone choose to go online to the first newbie boss. That's just a &#036;&amp;*^ move, either play higher levels or do it solo. The problem OP describes is basically one guy playing solo while set to online, therefore disadvantaging new players, that one high level guy should play solo or on higher levels.

i agree with the op however!!!! this is like that for a ton of S#&amp;&#036;!

ferrite for example BEST PLACE to farm it? anyone the 2nd level.. i have farmed there many times and tbh with more people they drop more.. rank 0 people 2nd level and they could not be more confused.. what i say is just have various mats.. ferrite should not fuel end game stuff and it does sadly and people go to mprime because when we play games we want it now!

so a suggestion that was mentioned before, add lower teir stuff that builds the nub weps and as the levels go up so does the mats and the gear the mats make ;)

I think any people actually farming for morphics knows to go to War on Mars anyway instead of farming Vor. Thats where I go to get all the salvage, morphics and Gallium I need... aka... I don't need anymore gallium or salvage. It wouldn't hurt people to learn some courtesy when playing with new players is all. That's not really something DE can program, and changing a boss's loot table wont solve the problem of new players running into deushbags.

As far as ferrite, DE should probably use other materials for high end stuff like Alloy Plate, or include it into higher level planets that drops larger quantities or drops more often, kinda like they did with Pluto and alloy plate.

Edited by unmog