Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lifespan of solar system races

Sirfol

Hi

I was curious of the lifespan of the greener and corpus, for the greener with the genetic deterioration of their clones i wonder how much they live,like 20 years?40 and "generals" like vor,kela,sargas ruk they are a exception?

in regard for corpus they have machinery to life sustain their needs and are in fever numbers so maybe they live longer? they have some sort of cryogenic technology that permit their life to be longer? and again the machinery they create have a lifespan too like a...battery? or they have some sort of eternal energy source that can make them "wake" even with a long time stanby?

in regard of infestation, taking in account they need at least some "mass" to feed themselves if a derelict ship go in outer space without any unlucky guy entering in contact with it, how much time need to pass for a  "infested ship" to be considered "cleaned" or at least the life form in there are al dead?

Edited by Sirfol

As far as I've understood it, it goes something like this.

Grineer: Their cloning tech is a bit wonky, and they usually don't live for more than a handfull of decades. I'm thinking 30-50 years. They do have the tech to augment themselves, and that increases the life span of guys like Vor and the other Grineer bosses.

Corpus: The crewmnen we see and fight are bread for the job while the synthetic MOAs alongside them run on advanced, but limited, AI.

Infested: The infestation infests both organic and inorganic material, so even if we kill all Chargers, Ancients, and whatnot, the metal of the ship will still be infested, and as such it'll never become truly clean.

If you scan Cephalon Fragments in missions, you'll get bits of art with short lore texts. They also contain hidden audio logs, if you can find them.

Edited by BenzinNinJa
Remembered something wrong.

31 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

Corpus: The crewmnen we see and fight are just as synthetic as the MOAs alongside them. Human enough to work, and synthetic enough to work efficiently.

hmmmmm nay,.... naaay...

That would be your headcanon. Nowhere does it say that the corpus or the crewmen are synthetic.- If it does, please correct me if I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

The average Grineer lifespan is 40 years

Corpus may be immortal as they have access to orokin secrets and Darvo's father is 300 years old which means he had Darvo when he was around 200yrs old.

How do you know that Frohd Bek is 300 years old? It says so nowhere. We don't know how old he is.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

. Also corpus reproduce through natural means as Darvo has both a mother and father.

Again: How do you know? If it says so in an official statement, please show me.

--------------------

Also.... Darvo is not 100 years old... he isn't 107 years old, He literally said "...I am almost 105 years old.." That could mean that he is 104 years old or younger, in case 105 is a "special" age to reach in corpus culture... such as  18. Because when you're 16 you may as well say " I am almost 18"

4 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

How do you know that Frohd Bek is 300 years old? It says so nowhere. We don't know how old he is.

Again: How do you know? If it says so in an official statement, please show me.

--------------------

Also.... Darvo is not 100 years old... he isn't 107 years old, He literally said "...I am almost 105 years old.." That could mean that he is 104 years old or younger, in case 105 is a "special" age to reach in corpus culture... such as  18. Because when you're 16 you may as well say " I am almost 18"

Hmmm.... salt must be coming soon.....

Darvo mentions he has a mother in the intro quest.... We know Darvo has a father..... put 2 and 2 together.......

It's stated in canon that Grineer have a average lifespan of 40years.....

4 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Darvo mentions he has a mother in the intro quest.... We know Darvo has a father..... put 2 and 2 together.......

I was questioning 2 points you brought up:

> Frohd Bek is 300 years old

> They reproduce naturally

This is what was... nowhere mentioned. And just because he has a mother doesn't mean he was not made artificially.

Neither of these 2 points is confirmed.

Also.. I will... Ignore the salt comment. For now.

Edited by WEREsandrock

then i will put my scientist hat and ask: who live more: a charger or a leaper? (charger=infestation+greener, leaper= infestation+crewman) if the corpus are sort of synthetic then maybe they live less respect a charger or it doesn't matter? mumble mumble.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

In the anti Mao synthesis it says “Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.” So it's not a confirmation but kinda implies the corpus are mating naturally again. 

we know corpus are descendant of the orokin right? solid fact, so if they are descendant it means somewhere along the genealogic tree a orokin mated with someone "lesser" than a orokin? and if we take in account various synthesis and lore where it said the orokin where immortal or at least semi-immortal means they were biologically perfect so why mating? mmmm intersting

15 minutes ago, Sirfol said:

we know corpus are descendant of the orokin right? solid fact, so if they are descendant it means somewhere along the genealogic tree a orokin mated with someone "lesser" than a orokin? and if we take in account various synthesis and lore where it said the orokin where immortal or at least semi-immortal means they were biologically perfect so why mating? mmmm intersting

They aren't descendants of The Orokin(as in the Executor or ruling class), they are people that lived under the ruling class. If anything some were Archimedians. Fragments from Ordis confirm they merely claim they are Orokin descent. So far the only enemy faction with confirmed high-status Orokin are the Grineer.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

In the anti Mao synthesis it says “Orokin didn’t have parents like you do, it was done differently then.” So it's not a confirmation but kinda implies the corpus are mating naturally again. 

Likely because the Orokin probably bred people for specific tasks or purposes, sorta like Kryptonians breeding warriors or scientist. The father likely never had actual parents, but people used to contribute DNA for his engineering.

2 hours ago, Sirfol said:

Hi

I was curious of the lifespan of the greener and corpus, for the greener with the genetic deterioration of their clones i wonder how much they live,like 20 years?40 and "generals" like vor,kela,sargas ruk they are a exception?

in regard for corpus they have machinery to life sustain their needs and are in fever numbers so maybe they live longer? they have some sort of cryogenic technology that permit their life to be longer? and again the machinery they create have a lifespan too like a...battery? or they have some sort of eternal energy source that can make them "wake" even with a long time stanby?

in regard of infestation, taking in account they need at least some "mass" to feed themselves if a derelict ship go in outer space without any unlucky guy entering in contact with it, how much time need to pass for a  "infested ship" to be considered "cleaned" or at least the life form in there are al dead?

darvo is 100+ and a teenager to the corpus ...

but Alad Or Frohd Bek would be much much older...

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

Likely because the Orokin probably bred people for specific tasks or purposes, sorta like Kryptonians breeding warriors or scientist. The father likely never had actual parents, but people used to contribute DNA for his engineering.

That was my guess too. Something like the novel Brave New World. Seems like the Grineer may not have always been cloned either but bred. the cloning started during the wars. As in the story of them taking a DNA sample from the Grineer in the mine that fought something. If he was a clone wouldn't his DNA already be on file? 

Safe to to say that the orokin manipulated the population in many different ways. More than we can imagine. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

That was my guess too. Something like the novel Brave New World. Seems like the Grineer may not have always been cloned either but bred. the cloning started during the wars. As in the story of them taking a DNA sample from the Grineer in the mine that fought something. If he was a clone wouldn't his DNA already be on file? 

Safe to to say that the orokin manipulated the population in many different ways. More than we can imagine. 

It's possible his DNA may have been kept in a database. Maybe they wanted to check for an unforeseen mutation that made him tougher than other Grineer.