Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I may be dumb to ask help here but i trust warframe.community

ClatterHD3

Question

Ok. So i just installed the new windows 10 anniversary update and it basically killing my pc right now. I cant access internet, settings, start menu or action centre. I cant see the UAC prompts that come up, so i cant make new acc or access admin cmd. I cant run any apps, including warframe. Please help me. Im in a very bad situation.

No clean install option as well, since its a laptop and they dont ship with product key.

HALP ME PLEASE???

7 answers to this question

well if it is windows 8 are newer you can do a factory reset are reset it to before you installed it Then call about the disc and get it reset in case it wont work again and have them walk you thru install

just search system restore

If you cant try launching it in safe mode

Edited by (XB1)Itz chibi

2 hours ago, ClatterHD3 said:

No clean install option as well, since its a laptop and they dont ship with product key.

Usually the product key is built into the bios code. 

You can do a clean install from a downloaded upgrade iso and it should pick up it's an OEM. 

If you have previously activated Windows 10 on your current hardware, then you will not need the product key to re-install Windows 10. It registers with your hardware. The install media can be gotten directly from Microsoft.com to create an install DVD.

If you didn't activate it previously, you will have to enter a valid product key in when doing the install. The product key is usually on a sticker on the back of the computer/laptop.

If you continue to have problems, then you can call Microsoft directly and they will help. I had to call them when my Anniversary edition lost it activated status. They fixed the problem within 15 minutes of me contacting them.

I hope this helps you.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

If you have previously activated Windows 10 on your current hardware, then you will not need the product key to re-install Windows 10. It registers with your hardware. The install media can be gotten directly from Microsoft.com to create an install DVD.

If you didn't activate it previously, you will have to enter a valid product key in when doing the install. The product key is usually on a sticker on the back of the computer/laptop.

If you continue to have problems, then you can call Microsoft directly and they will help. I had to call them when my Anniversary edition lost it activated status. They fixed the problem within 15 minutes of me contacting them.

I hope this helps you.

But as soon as i update it though it will ask me to update it back again. And i cant do that can i?

It would simply come back to thw anniveesary update.

Just now, ClatterHD3 said:

But as soon as i update it though it will ask me to update it back again. And i cant do that can i?

It would simply come back to thw anniveesary update.

You can still update it back to Anniversary. What happened to you earlier was more than likely a glitch while updating the first time. You can also keep the regular Win 10. Whichever you feel will work better for you. Either way, I highly recommend making an install DVD for doing repairs should you experience trouble in the future. The install disc would give you repair options should you have problems booting to Windows from the hard drive.