Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Activities - Possible New Function

xGryphus

Have you ever wander what is your Tenno doing while you're off-line? Well I did and I came up with idea of Activities.

Activities would be a separate interface option that would allow you to pick one of many possible, well... activities. Each of them would have a varying success rate (partially based on player mastery rank) and require a certain amount of time. However timer would only go down while player is off-line. Of course only one activity could be selected at time. Those would include (but would not be limited to):

- Mod Hunting - depending on chosen criteria and player mastery rank game would calculate success chance and required time. Player would be able to:

- pick a specific mod  to look for (only from "known ones" i.e. player would need to find mod in conventional way first to be able to pick it) or mod rarity and/or type (warframe/primary/secondary/melee/sentinel) - this would mainly influence search time (searching for specific mod would require most time, rarity-based search would be proportional to selected rarity tier; additionally selecting desired type would increase required time however even searching for e.g. rare warframe mod would take less time then searching for Continuity; searching for a certain type only would take as long as searching for unspecified common mod).

- choose a place for search (from unlocked missions) - this would greatly influence success chance as specific mods/mod types would be easier to find in certain places while location difficulty would affect rarity.

- Resource Farming - player would pick specific resource (lower success chance) or its rarity (higher success chance) as well as location to search - matching resource type and locations would increase odds of success however certain locations would have higher chance for certain rarity tier.

- Credits Farming - player would be able to choose search location solely - the higher location level the higher possible reward however the lower success chance at the same time. Players mastery rank would increase success probability.

- Equipment Training - player would be able to pick weapon to train and location - based on this criteria game would reward player with affinity after finishing activity.

No, this has NOTHING to do with bots, it's basically just like Assassins Creed's "Assassin training" or whatever, just basically you can be rewarded tiny amounts for not playing by selecting a certain event, and while you're off-line it does that one thing. Could take 12 hours, or 1 hour, but it'd help bridge the gap for those who work, or have trouble finding time to play enough to farm the stuff they need.

No, this has NOTHING to do with bots, it's basically just like Assassins Creed's "Assassin training" or whatever, just basically you can be rewarded tiny amounts for not playing by selecting a certain event, and while you're off-line it does that one thing. Could take 12 hours, or 1 hour, but it'd help bridge the gap for those who work, or have trouble finding time to play enough to farm the stuff they need.

It might be botting build into the game, but it's still botting. Rewarding players for not playing is a pretty backwards concept. Sorry, but no OP, I don't like this at all.

rewarding something for nothing... thats what a bot does essentially.

I dont agree to getting rewarded for not playing, it's why I dont play EVE. Everything in that game is unlocked by time. So literally, for people who start before you there is no way to become better than them unless they stop playing. And when you factor in that EVE is a monthly subscription game, [though I did hear that they were including ways to pay for it with in game credits] it becomes hard not to ignore the pay to win factor.

So in short... no.

Edited by unmog

I don't see a problem with this, some days of the week I only have maybe an hour to play, and I hate to wait till the weekend just to farm that last 20 rubedo to finish some weapons, as long as this doesn't give huge gain to the player it'd be fine.

Ex. Being offline for a week will give your frame a level, maybe a 200 various materials, and a mod or two. Nothing substantial, but enough to help those who don't have time to play 24/7 like some of you do.

Well just to be clear I was thinking about some rather small rewards like 1 Control Module for 12h Activity. I think that such a system could help frustrated players that just don't have luck for specific item.