Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heliocor Scans

(PSN)xXToastiButterXx

Question

After doing 10 missions, 5 with the Heliocor and 5 without it, I can confirm it does not give you Kavat genetic codes.

I don't know if this is a bug, bad RNG, or if it's intentional, but I have seen plenty of posts on PC of players getting codes using the Heliocor.

and yes, I do have scanners equipped, tried both the regular and Simaris scanners, Both gave genetic codes when I didn't use the Heliocor, but neither gave codes when I used the Heliocor

7 answers to this question

On 9/30/2016 at 0:00 AM, (PS4)rinneganadrian said:

After doing 10 missions, 5 with the Heliocor and 5 without it, I can confirm it does not give you Kavat genetic codes.

I don't know if this is a bug, bad RNG, or if it's intentional, but I have seen plenty of posts on PC of players getting codes using the Heliocor.

and yes, I do have scanners equipped, tried both the regular and Simaris scanners, Both gave genetic codes when I didn't use the Heliocor, but neither gave codes when I used the Heliocor

so you are saying that you scanner them first then killed them with heliocore....  is that right....

in which case what you did not/can't see is the target already scanned message you would normally get by trying to scan something for a second time. with the heliocore

it will still give you a scan to up the scan count ion the codex, but scanning them first eats up your chance to get the dna via heliocore.

over a 3day binge of solo ODE figure 15-20 runs each day... picked up 17 dna scans via heliocore.... you are just plagued with the RNGods not liking you

6 hours ago, (PS4)chewbaccachris said:

I can confirm that the heliocore does scan and retrieve kavat dna codes - it only scans on killing and RNG is really harsh on the codes anyway

Damn it, well, If you are getting scans I guess I am just getting hit with the RNG hammer, guess I can go back to the heliocor and kill everything

15 hours ago, (PS4)Whattamattu said:

so you are saying that you scanner them first then killed them with heliocore....  is that right....

in which case what you did not/can't see is the target already scanned message you would normally get by trying to scan something for a second time. with the heliocore

it will still give you a scan to up the scan count ion the codex, but scanning them first eats up your chance to get the dna via heliocore.

over a 3day binge of solo ODE figure 15-20 runs each day... picked up 17 dna scans via heliocore.... you are just plagued with the RNGods not liking you

No I did separate missions, on 5 I only used scanners and got codes, on the others I only used the heliocor and had scanners on my gear just to make sure it would scan on kill, but it gave me nothing, but since Chew says he got scans I guess we can get scans, albeit it seems to be a less effective way?

I have got scans with the heliocor but i still prefer to use the scanner as u get a chance of getting 2 codes with 1 scan, i have ran about 15-20 ODE's today and got about 17 codes from them using the scanner. I use equinox to put the enemy to sleep then scan them, give it a try u might have better luck getting them