The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Dof/motion Blur Bug

WolfySoul

After turning on DOF/Motion Blur option all levels appear in fog. As far as I understand, this is a mask for blur, but for some reason it is visible. Before Up 8 it was fine, no fog, just proper depth of field effect.

Edited by nano5hell

After turning on DOF/Motion Blur option all levels appear in fog. As far as I understand, this is a mask for blur, but for some reason it is visible. Before Up 8 it was fine, no fog, just proper depth of field effect.

Can you please provide some screenshots of what it is that you are seeing? 

Thanks.

This fog becomes even worse with a distance. In big halls its almost impossible to see anything that is far.

From the screenshots you've provided it looks like depth of field is acting appropriately. Fog has always varied in Warframe, with some areas having heavier amounts of fog while others have smaller amounts. You appear to have been in a location that was experiencing heavier amounts of fog. 

Here is an example of how depth of field is put into practice in real-life: http://imgur.com/owiUIHk

As you can see it looks very similar to the screenshot you provided with DOF enabled. The fog is used as a way to emphasize just how cold it can be in space. I am actually surprised that you were not seeing this prior to Update 8 because as far I am aware it should have been in the game for quite some time.

Edited by DE_Dmitri

From the screenshots you've provided it looks like depth of field is acting appropriately. Fog has always varied in Warframe, with some areas having heavier amounts of fog while others have smaller amounts. You appear to have been in a location that was experiencing heavier amounts of fog. 

Here is an example of how depth of field is put into practice in real-life: http://imgur.com/owiUIHk

As you can see it looks very similar to the screenshot you provided with DOF enabled. The fog is used as a way to emphasize just how cold it can be in space. I am actually surprised that you were not seeing this prior to Update 8 because as far I am aware it should have been in the game for quite some time.

Well I played alot with DOF enabled but never seen this fog... Anyway, thanks for help.