Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extractor inconsistency?

Cowstle

Question

I stopped playing some time in 2014 and back then I know I could put extractors on Uranus.  But now I can't.  And I don't understand why.

xlTdRKo.jpg

There is a single node that isn't completed, but it is unlocked.  Comparing to say Mars:

W1j7tz9.jpg

There are 3 nodes incomplete there, 1 if ignoring junctions as I have no idea if those are important.  So it seems unlikely an incomplete node is the problem and I really don't feel like doing an archwing interception.

Uranus isn't the only planet like this.  Ceres, Europa, Lua, and Neptune all have all nodes unlocked and I cannot place extractors on them, to varying degrees of node completion.  Most planets I can put extractors on have nodes that haven't been completed.

Edited by Cowstle

3 answers to this question

There has been several updates to planets and mission nodes since you took a break in 2014. Some of these changes have required us to revisit a handful of old nodes as well as completing new nodes.

I think the confusion you are experiencing is a product of your large break and then recieving all of these different navigation updates all at once. My thoughts are that the blue markers are indicating incomplete mission nodes as well as updated/completed mission nodes. Which perhaps is why Mars is quite happy to allow a drone but Uranus is not.

With no clear distinction the best solution would be to complete all blue mission nodes to thoroughly clear any confusion.

In regards to junctions, these are essential to game progression. This is how the next planet in the line is unlocked and, in addition, players will receive new quests and gear.

Junctions are slightly less relevant for players who have already progressed through the game prior to the navigation update. However, it is still highly recommended that you go back and clear each one.

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

every map node on a planet needs to have been completed to be able to place extractors...

Planets I can place extractors on with incomplete nodes that are not junctions: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Eris, Phobos, Venus

This isn't simply about having been able to place extractors before either as then I would also be able to place extractors on Uranus, Ceres, Europa, and Neptune as I could in the old starchart and still had every node unlocked immediately in the new starchart.  Evidence suggests that if this is the case it is specific to certain planets.  Not only that but the message says unlocked and not completed, and in the old starchart it was simply unlocked for every planet and not only half of them.

Edited by Cowstle