Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara - Prowl - Duration does nothing with max efficiency

Xephier223

Question

So I have fully tested Ivara unmodded, Ivara with Just max duration mods (282% duration, 100% efficiency) , and just max efficiency mods (40% duration, 175% efficiency) as well as both max efficiency and max duration. (222% duration, 175% efficiency) from the beginning of the cast animation to the moment she pops out of prowl.

I decided to time her stationary times because it made it more constant as far as a baseline/time table goes

The results are as follows: 

(These times are again from max power to zero, any decimals are rounded up and this includes the starting animations.)

Base wise it follows the wiki as says, lasting a total of 238 seconds (minus the initial 25 for starting it) with no energy orbs and standing still.

Max duration it came to 577 seconds

Max efficiency (with negative duration) 881 seconds

Max Max Efficiency and Duration 881 seconds

I double checked ALL of these times several times over. So it seems that duration has literally NO effect when efficiency is maxed. While it is obvious to have an effect on its own, easily doubling the stationary duration of prowl, when given max efficiency duration does nothing at all. 

I do not know if this is a bug, but until clarified as such I am putting it up on the bug forums. Any followup information or data would be appreciated. 

(The only other data that can be included is this was tested with no sentry or pet, the only weapon she had was a karyst, the only mods she had equipped were mods that related to duration and efficiency. ALL findings were tested and restested in the Simulacrum)

Addition: I have been testing the effects of duration while MOVING, Duration does NOTHING for this at all with max efficiency. I end up with the same time of 336 seconds regardless of duration.

Addition 2: After further testing, it seems prior that simply having max efficiency capped out the possible energy drain reduction to 0.25/s while still, and 0.75/s while moving. So duration would normally have an effect, but sadly no effect is capable of happening.

Edited by Xephier223

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ashrah said:

duration have heavy impact on  energy drain wen u move in prowl....

I've been testing that since I posted this. Duration does NOTHING for this at all with max efficiency. I end up with the same time of 336 seconds regardless of duration.

15 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

He meant that if you move, your energy usage goes up, then duration affects it too.

I know, i tried this with both max efficiency and duration (175% efficiency, and 222% duration) and just max efficiency (175% efficiency and 40% duration) I moved the WHOLE time until my invisibility was removed and both times it came to 336 seconds.

note, a shorter duration than when standing still(881 vs 336), but none the less, duration made no difference to the energy drain.

Edited by Xephier223

4 minutes ago, cx-dave said:

It's because you have reached the energy usage cap of 0.25/s. Try adding a max Transient Fortitude for 13% duration. Energy use will go up to 0.8/s. You can compensate that with a max Constitution to achieve 0.25/s again.

That does seem to be correct, what you said definitely does happen, does that mean the moving cap is 0.75/s? Regardless, thankyou for that, although I do wish to at least make this known to the devs, whether it's intentional or not.

55 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

He meant that if you move, your energy usage goes up, then duration affects it too.

yes yes i mean that.....with negative duration u drain will  go up  a lot....wen u moveing....i use fleeting 4 streamline 4+primed flow narrow minded and primed continuity... that is perfect balance  to maximize u energy pool

35 minutes ago, ashrah said:

yes yes i mean that.....with negative duration u drain will  go up  a lot....wen u moveing....i use fleeting 4 streamline 4+primed flow narrow minded and primed continuity... that is perfect balance  to maximize u energy pool

Again I know all this part. It has nothing to do with what I originally thought was the issue. 

1 hour ago, cx-dave said:

It's because you have reached the energy usage cap of 0.25/s. Try adding a max Transient Fortitude for 13% duration. Energy use will go up to 0.8/s. You can compensate that with a max Constitution to achieve 0.25/s again.

This essentially sums up what I was trying to figure out. As far as duration, it makes no real difference in movement, it is all governed by the same reduction amount.

9 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

To summarize this, 190% efficiency (maxed fleeting and streamline) with at least 40% duration will give you absolute minimum cost. Duration is 1/4 as effective as efficiency at reducing/increasing costs. 60% duration = 15% efficiency.

• Like 1