The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oznik- The Grineer Frame

DerkmeisterPrime

13 hours ago, Jemmanelli said:

If it bothers people that much i can always choose something else, I had problems coming up with a name i liked and then i found Faven_PS's work. Graxx sounds grineer, is short, not difficult to type and this warframe will probably have striking similarity to the skins. So i thought it to be fitting. Aye if you know the grineer word for Pseudo-Warframe that is short, easy to type and remember and has a nice ring to it. Knock yourself out, tell me, please.

I see your point. Tho...how about...hm...Padlok(synonym for Pseudo in Russian) or uh...Oznic(also Russian). Just spitballin here bro :P. Or uh...Herúk which is just a random one.

Okay i have alot to talk about here...

Incoming wall fo text:

15 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

Infestation studies pretty much ended with Tengus.

Sheer overwhelming numbers, a unified people with only one goal, mass production facilities, and their entire populous is a disposable military force. The Grineer have sheer numbers on their side, to the point at which they don't need advanced technology to be dangerous. Corpus rely upon it. They're fewer in number, a more divided people, and don't have the military production of the Grineer.

If Infestation studies ended with Tengus then what the hell are they doing when they cut open infested corpses on uranus?!?!?!? If you dont believe me i can try fetch some screenshots.

I can believe that Grineer have overwhelming numbers. Fair point.

Even if Vor knows how they work, he's not part of the Grineer anymore. Note that he's pretty firmly outcasted by the Queens, and he's... Well, he's content to be void jesus.

Well then it's not a warframe, is it? It's just armor.

To your first point: I was continuiing on my argument that Grineer have the Braincells to be able to understand it. As evident by Vor understadning. What that means is that Grineer arent too stupid to ever understand. (i think i even mentioned that he was "dead" anyway)

To your second point: Indeed its just armor, like i stated before...

22 hours ago, Jemmanelli said:

Afterall the version which's stats have been provided is the "Tenno-reforged" version of the actual Grineer Graxx unit.

It is the Grineer units armor, reforged by the Tenno to act like a Warframe.

Then enjoy never getting a prime version.

The Devs have stated that every Warframe will get a prime regardless of logic. Look at Nova. Lore says she was designed by the Tenno council (its even stated ingame i think). Yet there is a Nova Prime in the game. So yeah. No worries.

Also

20 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I made a similar idea to this a while ago, but it was more of a modified Excalibur that got out of control. It's name is Morglay. here, let me find the thread for you.

Faction-themed Warframes

Whilest my approach to a "Grineer Warframe" is more original i still think that yours has potential. I havent read much into it yet but i will as soon as i submit this reply.

15 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

I see your point. Tho...how about...hm...Padlok(synonym for Pseudo in Russian) or uh...Oznic(also Russian). Just spitballin here bro :P. Or uh...Herúk which is just a random one.

Whilest i appreciate your effort, I dont think Padlok can be taken serious. :P

Oznik defenetly sounds cool and isnt inthinkable with the way Grineer talk and pronounce... Yeah if it sticks ill be sure to replace it!

11 hours ago, Iccotak said:

A warframe that was experimented upon by the grineer. one of his abilities is actually a grineer invention.
Unfortunately this sounds like the Grineer version of Valkyr  

The lore was mentioned motiple times in this thread. Ill repeat it for you convinience anyway. To make it simple. The Grineer have been researching Infestation on Uranus (AS CLEARLY VISIBLE IN MOTIPEL TILES) and they have a breakthrough in understanding the Technocyte. They use it to make their own "Pseudo-Warframe", Its basically just a suit. No transference or space magic. Tenno come  and ruin the Grineers day, and reforge the suit to turn it into a traditional Warframe with added transference.

Thats basically the idea. It is not a Warframe that has been modified like Valkyr. Its actually just a powerful Grineer unit that after having been defeated was "Tenno-Reforged" to be usable as a Warframe.

I hope i explained it in an easy to understand way.

I will update the Original post when i have this stuff figured out 100%.

3 hours ago, Jemmanelli said:

Whilest i appreciate your effort, I dont think Padlok can be taken serious. :P

Oznik defenetly sounds cool and isnt inthinkable with the way Grineer talk and pronounce... Yeah if it sticks ill be sure to replace it!

You are very welcome sir. And yeah when i typed Padlok i also thought it sounded weird but i just threw it in cause why not xD. 

On 10/16/2016 at 2:11 AM, Rehtael7 said:

Then enjoy never getting a prime version.

DE stated themselves that they will make a primed version of a warframe despite lore reasons. I mean look at Nova, she is a warframe made by MODERN tenno. So the Prime woudn't exist, but DE made a primed ver. anyway.

3 hours ago, DerkmeisterPrime said:

DE stated themselves that they will make a primed version of a warframe despite lore reasons. I mean look at Nova, she is a warframe made by MODERN tenno. So the Prime woudn't exist, but DE made a primed ver. anyway.

That's actually not true. She was designed by a "Tenno council" but that doesn't mean a modern one. It could also mean she was designed by Tenno before the fall of the Orokin.

On ‎18‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 0:33 AM, Rehtael7 said:

That's actually not true. She was designed by a "Tenno council" but that doesn't mean a modern one. It could also mean she was designed by Tenno before the fall of the Orokin.

Even if youre right, and we wont get a Prime version. Doesnt mean an improved version is impossible. What speaks against a Wraith Frame?

On ‎16‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 2:30 AM, Rehtael7 said:

Canonically Gersemi is Valkyr's true non-prime form. DE stated this around the time Gersemi was released. This means that Valkyr's powers are the same before she was captured by Alad V.

I dont want to beat a dead horse but i just had an argument with an alliance mate and he told me to check the ingame discription.

"Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments, leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing."

It couldnt leave her adept at killing if she was adept at killing before... This indicates that the "true" Valkyr was not nearly as offensive... Just thought id tell you as you seem very interested in the Warframe lore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2016 at 4:33 PM, Rehtael7 said:

How would there even be a Tenno Council before the fall of the Orokin? I doubt it would happen during Orokin rule, after all, permitting the Tenno to form a self-governing council would be a threat to Orokin supremacy. I doubt they had the time to form one during the Tenno uprising, and as far as anyone is aware, the Tenno entered Cryostasis immediately after that. Therefore, Nova and the council that created her have to be a relatively recent thing.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...