Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking

Tempry

Question

Whenever I'm not the host, I always dc from my squad. It either says host migration and puts me in a new instance alone or throws me back to my ship saying connection lost. This always happens as soon as the mission starts. When I am the host, this usually doesnt happen but often times, the rest of my squad disconnects and I have to reinvite them to the squad so that they can rejoin. 

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Tempry said:

Whenever I'm not the host, I always dc from my squad. It either says host migration and puts me in a new instance alone or throws me back to my ship saying connection lost. This always happens as soon as the mission starts. When I am the host, this usually doesnt happen but often times, the rest of my squad disconnects and I have to reinvite them to the squad so that they can rejoin. 

it may be most likely your internet... there could be some other things but this is what i'm assuming

6 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

it may be most likely your internet... there could be some other things but this is what i'm assuming

I doubt that. I ran internet tests and my ping is like 6ms and my upload and download speeds are ~100mbps

50 minutes ago, Tempry said:

I doubt that. I ran internet tests and my ping is like 6ms and my upload and download speeds are ~100mbps

Those tests only show your connection to a local routing point, not so much the connection between yourself and someone that is elsewhere in the world.

Ultimately, if the host doesn't have a stable enough connection, you will get disconnected. Host migrations are thankfully more functional these days and usually shift to a more viable host (ping and up speed). If you host, there may be random occasions where some or all connecting to you equally don't have the ping to connect, or a sudden change in their ping causes a disconnect. Also, connections from other users aren't entirely a single function; you'll often see people connect then disconnect because it is trying to connect but has failed on one end or another before a person has actually connected at all.