Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skin/ Texture Glitch/ Error

(XBOX)x iiiMPerFeCT

Question

Hey, this is my first time posting on the forums. So... Hello. I'm Imp, and I'm an Warframaholic on the Xbox One. I apologize if I've made this in the wrong section, or whatever, I'm simply curious about something that happened to me earlier on today.

Okay, so I was trying to rank up my weapons on Akkad, trying to max out a Vasto before I turn it into a Redeemer, and get to MR8, so I can feed my regular Nikana to the Dragon. Anyway, so we were playing on Akkad, and me and my random motley crew of Warframe's had made it to Round 19 unscathed, with no errors or mishaps. Just total annihilation of some poor Infested. I'm running around, admittedly like a mad person, trying to grab as much loot like some Klepto-Frame or something, when suddenly I'm knocked down by a couple of those annoying little ground pounding MOA's. All of a sudden my character disappears, mid-knockdown, thanks to my Kubrow Wintyr cloaking me amidst a sea of mutated monstrosities. Thanks Wintyr. <3 Anyway, when I get up, my entire body is missing, save my Dex Sybaris floating in mid-air, as it was stowed on my back upon the knockdown. A moment or two after I stand up, the cloak starts to kick back in, and my character starts to appear as though he has come back... With the exception of my empty head, which is still invisible. I also spot that my character model, an Excalibur with the basic skin and Pendragon Helmet equipped, which should also be cloaked, has seemingly changed. After reviving one of my fallen team mates, I retreat to the safe haven of the rafters (Which is where I took the screenshot in the spoiler) above the slaughter below, to check out my character model. My jaw hits the floor, as I seem to have somehow glitched my way into the skin that Hunhow uses to during the Natah quest. Where I once proudly sported the traditional black, white and red of the Excalibur Frame, there is now a layer of burning ash, complete with glowing eyes, charred markings across my chest, and thighs, almost as though my frame was on fire. The weirdest thing is though, is that the texture seemed to be perfectly meshed to my Excalibur. Like. It fit. It looked as if I had equipped a special skin to make myself look this way, yet I started the match with the regular skin, and as I stated before, the Pendragon Helmet, which was also enveloped in the same ashen skin, with no errors I could see. Here's a screenshot from my Xbox One, as proof;

Spoiler

IvC5q2W.png

I'm just curious as to whether or not this is a glitch/ error while I was playing the game, an ability some other Warframe has and I'm just not aware of it, or if it's something else entirely. I genuinely have no clue. Neither does my brother, who has been playing this game way longer than me, on the PS4. (He also swore he heard a voice whisper "Natah, it's coming", but I couldn't hear it over the sounds of the Infested getting their gangrene asses handed to them, lol.) I even recorded the gameplay of the moment, but I have a rather poor internet connection at the moment, so I can't currently upload it to YouTube or whatever. When it gets better, I will definitely try, because I think this looks rather bad &amp;#&#33;. It's a shame my sigils stayed on though, would have been 1,000,000 times cooler if it was just that skin on its own... Oh well, at least I got to be an "Ashen One" in Warframe for a couple of minuets. (Dark-Frame/ War-Souls confirmed?) xD Any help or knowledge about this would be appreciated, as I am genuinely curious as to what this is, how it happened, and maybe even how to duplicate/ replicate the effect, cause I might just want to make this a permanent thing. >:D

2 answers to this question