Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special End Game Bosses, Available Only To Players With X+ Mastery

DeadlyNerd

Basically end game for those that have been farming mastery ranks and actually playing the game faithfully.

Also, it would give incentive to those currently playing for kicks.

There's absolutely no p2w model here, just a carrot for ranking up mastery. Ranking up mastery can always be done by selling old maxed gear while acquiring new.

Frankly dojo weapons ARE p2w and AREN'T a big enough carrot. P2w is maybe a bit too blunt, but you get the point.

edit : Since people are getting confused about the minimum required mastery, it's 4. I've stated that in a reply but apparently that's too much to read, gotta flame first.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

depends on how high of a mastery you are talking about. me and my clan have been playing since u7 first came out and we are only (almost, about 7000 off) at rank 7. and we have been playing almost every day. so depending on how high i'd say that's a good idea.

if it was a boss that could drop a bunch of rare sources(4 orange cylinders anyone?), I wouldn't mind. Though the mastery rank requirement should be around 6-7, or else it'll exclude too many people.

Well yeah, a "carrot" for getting those mastery ranks. Phat lewt and all that good sh!t.

depends on how high of a mastery you are talking about. me and my clan have been playing since u7 first came out and we are only (almost, about 7000 off) at rank 7. and we have been playing almost every day. so depending on how high i'd say that's a good idea.

I think Namacyst has the right idea, but the minimum mastery needs to be lower(sorry about that, didn't realize he actually said 7+). I'd say around 4 would be pretty fair.
Edited by DeadlyNerd

NONONONONONONONO!!!!!

I do not have enough slots to hold weapons and frames to get to level 7. All my best stuff would have to be thrown out the windows or I would have spend exorbitantly large amounts of money on platinum. So no. Just no.

NO.

I highly disagree with this.

I am a player who enjoys the Latron Prime, Twin Vipers, and Hate that he has. I don't want to be FORCED to grind Mastery levels. I have no need for them right now, and I am content with what I have to play with. Unless you made mastery requirements for a whole new mechanic, I don't want to grind to experience new content.

Sorry, I respectfully disapprove.

NONONONONONONONO!!!!!

I do not have enough slots to hold weapons and frames to get to level 7. All my best stuff would have to be thrown out the windows or I would have spend exorbitantly large amounts of money on platinum. So no. Just no.

75 plat, or $5 will get you an extra warframe slot and more than enough weapon slots. Don't be cheap.

NO.

I highly disagree with this.

I am a player who enjoys the Latron Prime, Twin Vipers, and Hate that he has. I don't want to be FORCED to grind Mastery levels. I have no need for them right now, and I am content with what I have to play with. Unless you made mastery requirements for a whole new mechanic, I don't want to grind to experience new content.

Sorry, I respectfully disapprove.

Lol, no one is forcing you to grind them. It's not like they'll drop some unavailable content. I'm just suggesting a reward for those that actually do grind to higher mastery ranks. Also, your opinion is entirely subjective and doesn't really hold ground as an argument.

Again, $5 for enough extra slots to progress with solve your "perfect gear, don't wanna sell it" problem.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Oh god, DE should just put in a "terramorphis" monster on the sun who's last 1000000000000 health regen every .4 seconds just to give you people some "end game" content to pound your faces into for a month... just to make these threads go away!

There's no end game... you've hit mastery level 9000 and have all the guns but nothing interesting to shoot them at?  Come one dude, if you've played the game to the point that you are a high mastery level you should have seen this coming.  I'm rank 3 and I already see the that there's nothing do do after unlocking the star map fully... you probably should have walked away from the game between updates some time ago.

Oh god, DE should just put in a "terramorphis" monster on the sun who's last 1000000000000 health regen every .4 seconds just to give you people some "end game" content to pound your faces into for a month... just to make these threads go away!

There's no end game... you've hit mastery level 9000 and have all the guns but nothing interesting to shoot them at?  Come one dude, if you've played the game to the point that you are a high mastery level you should have seen this coming.  I'm rank 3 and I already see the that there's nothing do do after unlocking the star map fully... you probably should have walked away from the game between updates some time ago.

So you're admitting there's no end game, still playing, and opposing end game ideas of those that actually want to help.

I'll put it simply then:

Go back to your cave troll.

Endgame content is a topic that is occupying DE just as much as you guys. Currently, there are various plans, starting with the introduction of lore and expansion of existing content, going towards user-generated missions and addition of more factions, tilesets and missions. For now, we are deep in development. The car can't hit top speed yet, still working on the engine.

Hang tight, Tenno. And stay civil while you are at it.

Endgame content is a topic that is occupying DE just as much as you guys. Currently, there are various plans, starting with the introduction of lore and expansion of existing content, going towards user-generated missions and addition of more factions, tilesets and missions. For now, we are deep in development. The car can't hit top speed yet, still working on the engine.

Hang tight, Tenno. And stay civil while you are at it.

Don't worry Ced23Ric, we are a patient bunch ;)

awfull idea..., i dont understand why mastering several more weapons & frame should allow extra content;

frame emplacement & weapons emplacement would be a legit reward since several user weapon would need them, extra game content for mastery will just ruin the game and will be severly unfair, you cant exclude player who only use the most adapted gear to their playstyle and actually (the irony !) mastered them.

Edit : this topic doesn't belong in map & level feedback

Edited by Leyden

awfull idea..., i dont understand why mastering several more weapons & frame should allow extra content;

Edit : this topic doesn't belong in map & level feedback

Mastery is a form of general advancement. Mastery displays how much content the player has completed. It is definitely the right criteria here because people who didn't explore the game's content past what they deem worthy don't really deserve end game content.

There is no "suggestions" forum, this topic is about levels and therefore belongs to this forum.

@mod We're all aware of that and appreciate it. I'm just here to lay on more ideas to make the process easier. I'm just not very hospitable to non constructive trolls.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

more general topic about how the game should be in general like this one belong to "gameplay feedback", map and level concern physical map (levels) not warframe or mastery level ==

as you said "Mastery is a form of general advancement" so not a total general advancement,

mastery doesn't involve :

how powerfull you are or how many mission you succed for the lotus. so it shouldn't be taken as your " general advancement", esspecialy for content acces 

-" Mastery displays how much content the player has completed. It is definitely the right criteria"

Exploring the game isn't exploring the market. that why Mastery isn't the right criteria.

-"people who didn't explore the game's content past what they deem worthy don't really deserve end game content."

The difficulty should decide who is worthy of wich content, again this isn't the number of shinny maxed weapon and frame you own who display how mutch you know/play about the game. 

Warframes suits aren't pokemon your goal isn't to catch them all....
Edited by Leyden

This is a horrible idea that does not solve the endgame problem anymore than clan weapons have.

It's not that it's THAT bad for veterans to get access to veteran-level content, but it's THAT bad to force me to use weapons I don't like purely because I want to see it.

What if the trigger were relatively low - you could get in if you were Mastery level 4 or something BUT the other trigger would be that you have to have all level 30 gear equipped to enter the lobby for these particular missions.

For me it isn't about rewarding people who grind out mastery.  The end game that is needed is being able to do something challenging with fully leveled, potatoed, and polarized gear that isn't completely boring because you basically kill anything in one hit by farting on them.

more general topic about how the game should be in general like this one belong to "gameplay feedback", map and level concern physical map (levels) not warframe or mastery level ==

as you said "Mastery is a form of general advancement" so not a total general advancement,

mastery doesn't involve :

how powerfull you are or how many mission you succed for the lotus. so it shouldn't be taken as your " general advancement", esspecialy for content acces 

-" Mastery displays how much content the player has completed. It is definitely the right criteria"

Exploring the game isn't exploring the market. that why Mastery isn't the right criteria.

-"people who didn't explore the game's content past what they deem worthy don't really deserve end game content."

The difficulty should decide who is worthy of wich content, again this isn't the number of shinny maxed weapon and frame you own who display how mutch you know/play about the game. 

Warframes suits aren't pokemon your goal isn't to catch them all....

Oh you're right, suggesting level content is so not level and map forum worthy. You're the king of logic, we all bow down to you.

Ah, so you're one of those that can't be arsed to play anything he doesn't like but will complain about the mastery requirements on dojo weapons because you actually need to play the content you wouldn't like. Art students. *chuckle*

Who said you have to keep every weapon you rank up. Ever heard of a sell button? And actually yes, I do display how much more I know about the game than someone who just ranked up 2 frames and 16 weapons(dnno to how much space one can get with 50 plat with a fresh acc).

Equipment is content in this game and whoever states otherwise hasn't played it enough, or is just too ignorant to understand.

This is a horrible idea that does not solve the endgame problem anymore than clan weapons have.

I don't want to explore the game's content because I don't think it's worth my time and therefore nobody should get extra content when they explore the game. I'm the completely f2p minority, I don't support the game in any way, I matter.

There, fixed it for you.

Are you seriously going to base your argument upon that? You're the 4th one with the exact same argument : "I don't want to play content I don't like, but I want to play uber awesome content because my lazy &#! deserves it".

What if the trigger were relatively low - you could get in if you were Mastery level 4 or something BUT the other trigger would be that you have to have all level 30 gear equipped to enter the lobby for these particular missions.

For me it isn't about rewarding people who grind out mastery.  The end game that is needed is being able to do something challenging with fully leveled, potatoed, and polarized gear that isn't completely boring because you basically kill anything in one hit by farting on them.

Every f2p game needs a carrot for grinding because every f2p game doesn't have the budget and team big enough to spit out content on a monthly basis to satisfy their ever content hungry game hopping public.
Grinding is the only way to prolong the period which the dev team gets to develop new content. Placing a carrot at the end of that grind is how they keep players in the game. A false sense of accomplishment. ( I probably shouldn't have explained this)

As for the mastery 4, read my earlier replies and you'll notice we have the same opinion. However, different difficulties and rewards should be available for every rank upwards. That's the carrot.
Edited by DeadlyNerd

There, fixed it for you.

Are you seriously going to base your argument upon that?

Upon what, some bullS#&$ you edited in in order to strawman me and make me look selfish? No, of course not.

The idea is: if you make gated content, make reaching it be enjoyable, not a chore. Weapon variety implies choice, devaluing this choice in order to access content is counterproductive. And of course I'm going to argue from my perspective, everyone does. Why would I support devs spending time to appease your hypothetical OCD farmer demographic who oh-so-enjoys getting all of the weapons and frames to max rank for no reason, when I'd rather them spend time implementing actual solutions.

Upon what, some bullS#&$ you edited in in order to strawman me and make me look selfish? No, of course not.

The idea is: if you make gated content, make reaching it be enjoyable, not a chore. Weapon variety implies choice, devaluing this choice in order to access content is counterproductive. And of course I'm going to argue from my perspective, everyone does. Why would I support devs spending time to appease your hypothetical OCD farmer demographic who oh-so-enjoys getting all of the weapons and frames to max rank for no reason, when I'd rather them spend time implementing actual solutions.

The "bs" I wrote was just you statement, sentence for sentence, differently worded. You indeed are selfish if you're expecting from a f2p game to grant you everything without you giving anything back.

Darn, get that head out of your &#! and look at every single f2p mmorpg out there. Notice anything similar? That's right, grind! You know why? Because the dev team isn't big enough to appease your self centered ego that doesn't want to give in order to receive.

Want content without grind? Go play WoW. Oh wait, there IS grind there and it's NOT f2p. Just hop over to another game already.

Again, equipment is content. If you haven't realized that by now, after 987 posts, you've got bigger problems than some game that deprives you of content.