Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BEHIND THE VAULT (Part 1)

._.-._.

A continuation from here: Link
i kinda confused where this should belong to (including the prologue one)

[EXCALIBUR]

It's been 3 years since I heard about that prime vault rumor. Now that rumor's a history. Probably because no one had seen it, or found it. Maybe it's already gone. Gone to nowhere. I hope no one died in there.

Today, I decided to hunt down an ayatan sculpture. So i go to Maroo's Bazaar and ask her for the location of it. Just after i asked her, she got a lead to a derelict. My reliable weapon is Kohm, Angstrum and Atterax. When I arrived at derelict, I decided to look after the treasure, while i destroy the containers and open any unlocked lockers to look for any stars. When I arrived at the "challenge" room, just before i step on the pressure pad to begin, I took a deep breath for a moment and then I begin the challenge. I quickly jump over and over the gap and run as fast as i can. And then I saw the door is closing. I quickly get through it and i finally made it! The treasure is ahead and I take it. Ayatan  Mission completed. Now I think I should look for a vault door before heading to extraction. Who knows that i could get a Heavy Caliber.

A few moments later searching, I found the door. It seems to open trhe door requires Bleeding Dragon Key. I saw a dragon key on the floor. I picked it up and I saw it was a bleeding dragon key. The key looked busted, but it was still looking new, hadn't been used yet. When I tried to use the key, the door won't open. The key was really busted. Something came across to my mind: "Did someone get in to the vault? I wonder if this door leads me to there". Coincidentally, I brought another one, so I used them and the door finally opened. Behind the door, the room was darker and there's only a path that leads to the elevator. I still remember the rumor about it. "The entrance to the vault is a short path that leads to elevator. When you call the elevator, the door will suddenly shut, and the key will be busted". I just can't believe that I found the vault! I felt there's no turning back and i must continue further. Just when I called the elevator, the door was suddenly shut! But I think I prepared for this. As soon as the elevator just arrived, i used it and it led me to lower floor. The lower i go, the darker the atmosphere as the light goes dimmer and then out so I equipped my Kohm to "turn on" the flashlight automatically.

As soon as I arrived at the lower floor, I saw there are some cryopods lying on floor, and some mounted on walls. I already knew what's inside so I was not going to look inside them. The place looks so messy. bullet shells everywhere, even bloodshed. The bloods already dried. I was thinking that someone had been here, yet he / she never came back as he / she could not escape from this "miserable" place. Suddenly i heard a crying girl voice came from somewhere. I tried to get closer to the source of it. Apparently it led me to a cryopod. When I saw inside the cryopod, It was Nyx. "Was that, my long lost sister?" Said I. She looked sleeping but who knows if she's still alive. She looked so heavily wounded. I wonder if She had been here and never came back. I just heard from someone that there was a first victim of prime vault. Perhaps She is the first victim. A few moments later, I heard an eerie voice came from nowhere: "ARE YOU TRYING TO DISTURB HER REST? YOU MUST JOIN US!". As soon as I heard that voice, those Prime Warframes awoke from their rest. I moved to a corner and summon some specters to help me. I summoned Ancient healer specter, MOA specter, Charger specter and a vapor specter of me with the following weapons: Stradavar, Angstrum and Kronen. After I summoned them, I fought back against those Prime Warframes. I shot them with my reliable kohm with a devastating fire rate (Modded with Shotgun Spazz, Accelerated Blast, and Frail Momentum). My kohm actually dealt (fairly) high damage (Modded with Primed Point Blank) but oddly it dealt low damage. I felt this fight is just like 10 stalkers against myself. I have another way to fight them easily. So I used Radial Blind, and then stealthily kill them all one by one. It works! It dealt high damage! Apparently they like jail wardens somehow, who are weak against stealth kills or some junction specters.

After I fought so hard, I went closer to cryopod where Nyx was resting. When I opened the cryopod, She awoke from cryopod and suddenly hugged me as she said thanks to me as her long lost brother for saving her, with sad feeling. I only presume that She was my sister. Then I heard a motherly voice which said: "Good to see you reunited again, my long lost children". Then I saw Nyx Prime awoke from the floor and came closer to me and Nyx, followed by Excalibur Prime who awoke and walked out from wall mounted cryopod. I may presume that Nyx Prime was my long lost mother and Excalibur Prime was my long lost father. Oddly enough, there comes the long lost family ties. Just after that happened, i don't want to memorize it. Then Excalibur Prime asked me: "Why you visited this place?". So I explain anything about curiosity of this place including people's curiosities, also about saving Nyx who had become the victim of this vault, which didn't come across to my mind at first. Excalibur Prime said that the Prime Vault was the forbidden place for everyone to visit, including normal warframes like me and Nyx. The place itself is actually a tomb, a tomb for all retired warframes for used by commanders.The operatives only came here to entomb them when there was a prime warframe retired or vaulted, along with their weapons. Once entombed, the relics that contain their parts will no longer exist to obtain, but you still can keep it. I was thinking that word "commander" may refer to operator in somatic link who commands the warframes. I may say this is embarrassing, There's no sign or whatsoever that the vault door leads to this place. But still, it needed a sign to tell anyone. I just had enough and I want to get out of this "miserable-looking" place, so I asked my "dad" the way out. He said that since I had beaten all the prime warframes (except my "dad" ), He gave me a Heavy Caliber mod as a (sort of) token of appreciation that i had "proved my worth" here. It looks like that mod is already maxed out. I felt so lucky to get that one. Then He asked me to use the elevator again and the door will open again. I apologize to my "mom" and "dad" and say thanks for the mod, then I carried Nyx and take her to extraction point. Then I finally could extract with my "sister" Nyx and go back to the ship. After that, I decided not to go back to Maroo's Bazaar. When Cephalon Ordis asked me what just happened to me, I told him the story. Then I could take a rest and waiting my "sister" to recover from her wounds.

END OF PART 1

Again, Please don't rant if the story is terrible :sad:

Feedback is appreciated, only good ones