The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ghost of the Void (OOC, Closed, 18+)

AdmiralStarNight

51 minutes ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

Okay i get where you're coming from. I accepted the dread because i sort of consider it like 'i have one, I'm just not using it'. 

@voltocitygel can you use a different bow? Or at the very least say 'you fashioned the bow after stalkers weapon', rather then claiming it?  Remember this rp is going to run on the fact that we're purposefully holding back on our frame's power. I can, with full energy, run through entire levels with my World on Fire on and never suffer anything worse then losing my sheilds. That not fun to rp if you get what i mean 

Yeah, I understand. From a lore standpoint it's fine if it's a different bow, "modified" to be like dread. I just prefer its slash damage and higher crit chance over the paris prime.

59 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Well, it is poorly fitted via lore standpoint. Stalker's garb is something exclusive after all. It would be fine if swapped for any other bow. 

Can't say that I'm very content of siding with rather op character (MR22? Veteran? Does the guild leader has nothing better to do than to hop into random advertisements? Like... you know... RESPONSIBILITIES), but that's not something I can't handle via roleplaying methods. 

I don't see the problem with anything other than dread, lore wise. As far as responsibilities go, even as a leader I have downtime, or times when other players aren't active. Often I'll drop in on either raids and sorties or help newer players out. 

Yes, I'm a veteran and copy pasted my info from my actual character in the game, and my most used equipment from my aresenal. It is a RP game to a certain extent, after all, and I like to stick to what I'm playing at/as within the game even here. (Though I do often create different characters or different variations, I decided to go as this with this RP.)

IMO, the difficulty of the game and fun of it depends on how you play it, rather than the "tier" of the equipment you like to use. I don't plan on "god moding" so to speak. 

1 hour ago, voltocitygel said:

Yeah, I understand. From a lore standpoint it's fine if it's a different bow, "modified" to be like dread. I just prefer its slash damage and higher crit chance over the paris prime.

I don't see the problem with anything other than dread, lore wise. As far as responsibilities go, even as a leader I have downtime, or times when other players aren't active. Often I'll drop in on either raids and sorties or help newer players out. 

Yes, I'm a veteran and copy pasted my info from my actual character in the game, and my most used equipment from my aresenal. It is a RP game to a certain extent, after all, and I like to stick to what I'm playing at/as within the game even here. (Though I do often create different characters or different variations, I decided to go as this with this RP.)

IMO, the difficulty of the game and fun of it depends on how you play it, rather than the "tier" of the equipment you like to use. I don't plan on "god moding" so to speak. 

I didn't ask for MR or what your 'veteran status' is, it doesn't really matter here honestly,  assuming some level of competence is nessesary, or else we'd need a training camp. Guess it just seems like extra information we didn't need. 

Also your first post, I'll let you assume you've been there and extremely quiet. But we've all passed around intros, can you edit in a little blurb of your frame introducing himself?

2 hours ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

I didn't ask for MR or what your 'veteran status' is, it doesn't really matter here honestly,  assuming some level of competence is nessesary, or else we'd need a training camp. Guess it just seems like extra information we didn't need. 

Also your first post, I'll let you assume you've been there and extremely quiet. But we've all passed around intros, can you edit in a little blurb of your frame introducing himself?

Yeah, I can see why it's irrelevant. Others included similar things, and I based mine off of trends that I saw in other intros. I gave more info because I like to heir on the side of "too much is better than not enough". 

Sure, I can do that. I'all get to it ASAP, as I have a class in about half an hour.

1 hour ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

*Slips reference to Ember's noble idle animation into her post*

I would do something similar, but I don't know what stance I like the most. I like aspects of many stances, my three favorites probably being Titania noble, mesa noble, and volt noble. (Secondary weapon idles with all three of them are beautiful, and I like mesa and titanias bow set, as well as mesas gun set. Like volt and mesas unarmed ones too. I'd like titanias if the razor flies of the animation weren't exclusive to her.)

I appear to have missed many shenanigans, reading back on the OOC thread when I should be sleeping. (EST USA as well, StarNight)

energy being like stamina seems like a solid choice to me. That said, there may be a few occasions where my charachter pays no attention, and attempts to cast when he lacks the energy. (Because with 850 energy and energy regen you don't watch your energy unless you're in a bind)

one thing I have noticed thus far is that reading yellow text is really difficult. I'm too tired to go back and check who wrote it, but if that could be a different color, that'd be awesome.

I just finished my homework (curse university, I love it but I hate it), and am (hopefully) sleeping now. Screenshots will have to wait till tomorrow. (Looking forward to it though, it's not often I get to show off my fashion-frame sense.)

3 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

I appear to have missed many shenanigans, reading back on the OOC thread when I should be sleeping. (EST USA as well, StarNight)

energy being like stamina seems like a solid choice to me. That said, there may be a few occasions where my charachter pays no attention, and attempts to cast when he lacks the energy. (Because with 850 energy and energy regen you don't watch your energy unless you're in a bind)

one thing I have noticed thus far is that reading yellow text is really difficult. I'm too tired to go back and check who wrote it, but if that could be a different color, that'd be awesome.

I just finished my homework (curse university, I love it but I hate it), and am (hopefully) sleeping now. Screenshots will have to wait till tomorrow. (Looking forward to it though, it's not often I get to show off my fashion-frame sense.)

Oh damn, I meant to shove that in the first post. Yeah the energy thing is kind of important (which is why I said the whole 'holding back on your warframe' thing.)

going to say here too that how you treat your energy stamina is up to you. So  due to how intense Ember's abilities are, if she goes around exhausting all her energy, she won't function as well as when she has energy, so she'll get 'winded' in a way the more she uses her powers. For a support frame like Titania, it might not be all that exhausting to let the enemies float around in the air by themselves (compared to lighting an entire room on fire and causing small explosions at the same time.)  Just a word of warning before we go killing stuff.

also hey there USA buddy.

4 hours ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

Oh damn, I meant to shove that in the first post. Yeah the energy thing is kind of important (which is why I said the whole 'holding back on your warframe' thing.)

going to say here too that how you treat your energy stamina is up to you. So  due to how intense Ember's abilities are, if she goes around exhausting all her energy, she won't function as well as when she has energy, so she'll get 'winded' in a way the more she uses her powers. For a support frame like Titania, it might not be all that exhausting to let the enemies float around in the air by themselves (compared to lighting an entire room on fire and causing small explosions at the same time.)  Just a word of warning before we go killing stuff.

also hey there USA buddy.

Makes sense. I'm probably going to go with intermediate strength for my abilities. Not rediculous strength and cost, so I can still afford team oriented abilities like electric shield and speed, but enough so that I can't just spam discharge, keeping everything stunlocked. So basically think 130% eff for his first three, and a maxed blind rage that applies only to the ult. Just how I'm thinking I'll play it as of right now XD (I'm sure I'll tweak how I use it ((energy stamina)) as we get deeper into the RP, but I'll figure it out as I go.) 

greetings c:

as a random vent / side note, my chain came off my bike while I was biking up the hill to class today.... because for some reason my bike doesn't like the 1-3 gears attached to the pedals, but has no problem with the 1-8 ones on the wheel. 

Edited by voltocitygel

For warframe's abilities, I think there are many uses open to the RP that aren't represented in the game, so I don't feel the need to tie myself to a specific build or such. I usually go by the situation to have Maina not be overpowering in general, but appropiate to the situation. Which, if push the wrong buttons, can be powerful enough. After all, the main point of it all is for things to go harmoniously and result in a fun and possibly epic tale, not pinning each other down on some rules.

Edited by ArrexDrandko

5 minutes ago, ArrexDrandko said:

For warframe's abilities, I think there are many uses open to the RP that aren't represented in the game, so I don't feel the need to tie myself to a specific build or such. I usually go by the situation to have Maina not be overpowering in general, but appropiate to the situation. Which, if push the wrong buttons, can be powerful enough. After all, the main point of it all is for things to go harmoniously and result in a fun and possibly epic tale, not pinning each other down on some rules.

I'm not pinning anyone down really. I just giving guidelines. 

Also i wanted to outline how I use energy so i know what the hell I'm doing. This is my first rp with a warframe. I'm kind of learning as I go.

1 hour ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

I'm not pinning anyone down really. I just giving guidelines. 

Also i wanted to outline how I use energy so i know what the hell I'm doing. This is my first rp with a warframe. I'm kind of learning as I go.

My wording of "pinning down" was not meant with anything or anyone particular in mind. You do not need to worry.

And I think you're doing well so far. :) 

1 hour ago, ArrexDrandko said:

I totally agree. Lots of fun things we can do. In fact, since this isn't bound by the rules of the game, we can use elements of existing powers or how they work to accomplish other things. I've done this from time to time. It's kinda fun. ^_^

1 hour ago, ArrexDrandko said:

My wording of "pinning down" was not meant with anything or anyone particular in mind. You do not need to worry.

And I think you're doing well so far. :) 

Yay. I'm not screwing things up! I mean its not my first rp by any means, so i know how to do things... But First warframe one and most certainly the first time I've ever OPed a mulitperson rp. 

57 minutes ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

Yay. I'm not screwing things up! I mean its not my first rp by any means, so i know how to do things... But First warframe one and most certainly the first time I've ever OPed a mulitperson rp. 

Well, you come across as much more experienced than you are c: this is a pretty great group, if I do say so myself. 

17 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

Well, you come across as much more experienced than you are c: this is a pretty great group, if I do say so myself. 

Geez I've been rping since... Forever. If I sat since early teenagery. (13ish?) its just that i tend to like 1x1 since its simpler to follow and allows for close coordination for the story. But everyone here seems to be mature and experienced, so i wouldn't have to worry about corraling idiots that think their going to get away with stuff. :)

Oh holy moly, Teloch, that was a joy to read! x) If I'll ever write texts that good and entertaining, I can die happy! I usually consider myself a reasonably good writer, but compared to that, I feel that mine are bland. ^^ Kudos for this, I look forward to more!

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Next, maow.

i'll get to my post in a bit, i wanna get and upload my screenshots. Actually, scratch that, I'll post, then screenshots. Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

Geez I've been rping since... Forever. If I sat since early teenagery. (13ish?) its just that i tend to like 1x1 since its simpler to follow and allows for close coordination for the story. But everyone here seems to be mature and experienced, so i wouldn't have to worry about corraling idiots that think their going to get away with stuff. :)

I've been RPing 1x1 with my neighbor since he moved in. it's literally all we did outside when we were in elementary school. Also what got me into practicing swordplay, and the profession I'm pursuing- being an author (specifically a novelist). That said, I'm not terribly experienced in multi person warframe RP's either. I'm with you there. xD