The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ghost of the Void (OOC, Closed, 18+)

AdmiralStarNight

After some consideration about this thread's lore-state, I think I'll just take the risk and apply with my more shock-resistant and probably more interesting character on this mission. Every Tenno has some ambition, but I dare say it's rare to find someone like her: 

Her Ship is a Liset, painted green, white and beige, similar to her frame.

She currently works on a Pre-U18-basis, so she is not aware of her operator yet. However, I have some thoughts about her and her operator's background - details irreversibly lost in history.

Maina

Spoiler

Name: Maina, "Embrace", "The Green"

Age: Not known exactly. Looks like early-to-mid-20ies, and is probably older than that.

Description:
 - Warframe: Titania. See "Imagery" below
 - Tenno: Beneath the warframe lies more green. Her hair is green, long and mostly put into a single ponytail. It does not look dyed, though - either the color is natural, or genetically modified.
 She has a young, unworried face that most of the time looks either friendly-caringly or happily moony. Her eyes are intensely yellow, often suggesting that they see things bound just for her. Her makeup consists of white eyeshadow and green lipstick, both applied decently. (see "Imagery")
 She is slimly built, less muscular than most other Tenno, even the women. While her strength is lacking, she is quite nimble to at least sometimes make up for it.
Maina usually wears a lot of jewelry made of threads, leather, feathers etc: Earrings, multiple necklaces and lots of armbands, besides some other talismans attached to her subframe-Suit.

Imagery:
 - Her face without mask:

CBTqupE.png

- Her warframe:

LEBZB1X.png

Affiliation: Friendly towards most people, similar mindset to New Loka, often cooperates with Meridian. Does not like the Red Veil or war-focused Arbiters.

Personality traits:
 - Warmhearted
 - Honest
 - Gullible
 - Erratic mood
 - Very religious/superstitious
 - Airy

Loadout:
 - Daikyu
 - Akmagnus
 - Anku

Preferred Role: Support from the backline or 'housework', avoids commiting violence

Her life:

- Was member of a cult/sect in the Orokin-Age
 - On Orokin's Fall: Remained on earth with her hidden enclave, keeper of an ancient legacy and ritualistic tasks
 - Had a vision that she would abandon the enclave. To avoid it, she went into cryosleep 'to be called upon in need'.
 - Generations later: Due to Grineer expansion on earth, the enclave was wiped out and her cryopod taken from earth.
 - Cryopod fell into some shady dealer's hands, saving it from the Grineer experiments.
 - After being a rich Corpus' trophy for a while, during a pirate raid emergency protocols ejected her pod in a safety capsule.
 - Reawoken when rail station caught her capsule and freed her from the pod.
 - She does not remember what it was that the enclave protected, due to cryosleep. Remembers mostly meaningless fragments of everyday-life.
 - Income: Dancing & Singing acts, Deliveries, helping out in medical when necessary

Skillset & Experiences:
Excels at:
 - Dancing
 - Singing
 - care for spiritual concerns

Practiced at:
 - Gardening

Somewhat able:
 - Classic first aid & medical procedures
 - holding speeches
 - Tenno combat (melee, gun & bow)

Inept:
 - Repairing machinery
 - Acting mercilessly
 - pretending

Edited by ArrexDrandko

1 hour ago, ArrexDrandko said:

After some consideration about this thread's lore-state, I think I'll just take the risk and apply with my more shock-resistant and probably more interesting character on this mission. Every Tenno has some ambition, but I dare say it's rare to find someone like her: 

Her Ship is a Liset, painted green, white and beige, similar to her frame.

She currently works on a Pre-U18-basis, so she is not aware of her operator yet. However, I have some thoughts about her and her operator's background - details irreversibly lost in history.

Maina

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Maina, "Embrace", "The Green"

Age: Not known exactly. Looks like early-to-mid-20ies, and is probably older than that.

Description:
 - Warframe: Titania. See "Imagery" below
 - Tenno: Beneath the warframe lies more green. Her hair is green, long and mostly put into a single ponytail. It does not look dyed, though - either the color is natural, or genetically modified.
 She has a young, unworried face that most of the time looks either friendly-caringly or happily moony. Her eyes are intensely yellow, often suggesting that they see things bound just for her. Her makeup consists of white eyeshadow and green lipstick, both applied decently. (see "Imagery")
 She is slimly built, less muscular than most other Tenno, even the women. While her strength is lacking, she is quite nimble to at least sometimes make up for it.
Maina usually wears a lot of jewelry made of threads, leather, feathers etc: Earrings, multiple necklaces and lots of armbands, besides some other talismans attached to her subframe-Suit.

Imagery:
 - Her face without mask:

Reveal hidden contents

CBTqupE.png

- Her warframe:

Reveal hidden contents

LEBZB1X.png

Affiliation: Friendly towards most people, similar mindset to New Loka, often cooperates with Meridian. Does not like the Red Veil or war-focused Arbiters.

Personality traits:
 - Warmhearted
 - Honest
 - Gullible
 - Erratic mood
 - Very religious/superstitious
 - Airy

Loadout:
 - Daikyu
 - Akmagnus
 - Anku

Preferred Role: Support from the backline or 'housework', avoids commiting violence

Her life:

- Was member of a cult/sect in the Orokin-Age
 - On Orokin's Fall: Remained on earth with her hidden enclave, keeper of an ancient legacy and ritualistic tasks
 - Had a vision that she would abandon the enclave. To avoid it, she went into cryosleep 'to be called upon in need'.
 - Generations later: Due to Grineer expansion on earth, the enclave was wiped out and her cryopod taken from earth.
 - Cryopod fell into some shady dealer's hands, saving it from the Grineer experiments.
 - After being a rich Corpus' trophy for a while, during a pirate raid emergency protocols ejected her pod in a safety capsule.
 - Reawoken when rail station caught her capsule and freed her from the pod.
 - She does not remember what it was that the enclave protected, due to cryosleep. Remembers mostly meaningless fragments of everyday-life.
 - Income: Dancing & Singing acts, Deliveries, helping out in medical when necessary

Skillset & Experiences:
Excels at:
 - Dancing
 - Singing
 - care for spiritual concerns

Practiced at:
 - Gardening

Somewhat able:
 - Classic first aid & medical procedures
 - holding speeches
 - Tenno combat (melee, gun & bow)

Inept:
 - Repairing machinery
 - Acting mercilessly
 - pretending

Accepted. this'll be an interesting group of warframes.

Poor Excalibur is going to be outnumbered by female frames.

Character sheet

Name: StarNight  (Both to refer to Operator and Warframe)

ship: Scimtar

Spoiler

Warframe-10-06-2016%2020-25-08-970_zpswi

Warframe: Ember

Spoiler

Warframe-10-06-2016%2020-22-06-232_zpsrm

Weapons: Shown in Picture above

Pets/Sentinel: Ambrosia

Spoiler

Warframe-10-06-2016%2020-21-57-551_zpsuo

Do you understand this RP is 18+?: Yes

Other: The name StarNight refers to both the Warframe and the Operator, when in need of addressing just one or the other 'Operator' and 'Ember' works fine for them.

Ember as a frame works closely with her Operator. The two work in tandem rather then the Operator having full control over the frame, an odd dynamic which can lend to it seeming like the Ember is switch styles in the middle of a fight. Given the Operator's respect for her favorite frame, StarNight fully trusts her Ember to carry out her commands and as such Ember only truly takes away full control of a fight when in dire circumstances. Ember cares deeply for her Operator and would be devastated if her Operator ever got harmed.

As you may see from the weapon set, Ember is not stealth frame. She (and her Operator) have quite the heavy-handed style of fighting, focusing more on quantity than quality. A bit reckless at times, Ember and her Operator can be a bit of a chore to fight beside if you want to be stealthy, but give her a command to quiet down and she'll listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright this means that I'll have to get up an IC to start us off! the posting order will be established once we all get our first posts in.

I am going to keep this RP open for two more Tenno to join the adventure. Once we get past a certain plot point the RP will be closed, no matter if those spots had been filled or not.

2 hours ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

Accepted. this'll be an interesting group of warframes.

Poor Excalibur is going to be outnumbered by female frames.

Character sheet

Name: StarNight  (Both to refer to Operator and Warframe)

ship: Scimtar

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe-10-06-2016%2020-25-08-970_zpswi

Warframe: Ember

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe-10-06-2016%2020-22-06-232_zpsrm

Weapons: Shown in Picture above

Pets/Sentinel: Ambrosia

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe-10-06-2016%2020-21-57-551_zpsuo

Do you understand this RP is 18+?: Yes

Other: The name StarNight refers to both the Warframe and the Operator, when in need of addressing just one or the other 'Operator' and 'Ember' works fine for them.

Ember as a frame works closely with her Operator. The two work in tandem rather then the Operator having full control over the frame, an odd dynamic which can lend to it seeming like the Ember is switch styles in the middle of a fight. Given the Operator's respect for her favorite frame, StarNight fully trusts her Ember to carry out her commands and as such Ember only truly takes away full control of a fight when in dire circumstances. Ember cares deeply for her Operator and would be devastated if her Operator ever got harmed.

As you may see from the weapon set, Ember is not stealth frame. She (and her Operator) have quite the heavy-handed style of fighting, focusing more on quantity than quality. A bit reckless at times, Ember and her Operator can be a bit of a chore to fight beside if you want to be stealthy, but give her a command to quiet down and she'll listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright this means that I'll have to get up an IC to start us off! the posting order will be established once we all get our first posts in.

I am going to keep this RP open for two more Tenno to join the adventure. Once we get past a certain plot point the RP will be closed, no matter if those spots had been filled or not.

So which one's star and which one's Night?

2 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

So which one's star and which one's Night?

I'm intentionally being confusing. Both are StarNight, as they work in tandem as a pair, and are close enough that they both like to use the name. (Since Ember use to think she was StarNight, they both just kind of share the name now)

When using the voice of one or the other, I refer to them as Operator and Ember, as you can see in my first post when Operator speaks. (I'll be using different colored text to differentiate between the two,) I might begin to call them by Star and Night (and giving clarification when I do) as to who is who, but StarNight is confusing because nothing can ever be simple in the world. 

also this: 

@Wolfheart297 @ArrexDrandko 

Edited by AdmiralStarNight

Well, since the thread I'm mostly participating in is now gonna be less active, I guess I have some time for this one

Just need to figure out whom I want to bring (the problem is that the majority of my OCs are ungodly over powered)

Edited by Teloch

12 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Well, since the thread I'm mostly participating in is now gonna be less active, I guess I have some time for this one

Just need to figure out whom I want to bring (the problem is that the majority of my OCs are ungodly over powered)

Take whatever warframe you like best, dial it back a bit, and give it some good weapons. I said this RP is like a mission, you'll only get a single set of weapons and one from for its entirety.

But we'll be glad to have you aboard.

Warning! pre u18 character!

Name: Torin Coldwell
Race: Tenno
Apparent age: 27

Appearance:

Spoiler

phlfKS2.jpg

Height: 179 cm
Weight: 89 kg
Build: somatotype 4:6:3, fairly muscular, muscles are moderately textured, rather stocky than lean, strong chest, shoulders, hips and arms.
Skin: pale
Eyes: light-green
Hair: dark chestnut, short and messy
General agility: more strong than endurant, surprisingly agile and mobile for his stumpy constitution, may be a good sprinter but definitely not a stayer, pretty firm, good body coordination
Voice: a rather gruff tenor; speaks with a very heavy accent
Clothes: he usually wears olive cargo trousers, gray shirt, and brown military-grade boots

Personality: SLI, which means he's quite pragmatic, decisive, and pretty much down-to-earth. For the other hand, he has some minor discipline issues, he values physical and emotional comfort, can be merry and careless (if circumstances allow), can grow lazy from time to time. When it comes to interpersonal interactions, he usually behaves restrained with strangers, despite his practicality, he's not an emotionless stump, as some may think of him, and has a quite dark sense of humor. Never hesitates to use a swear word or two, and can perfectly express seemingly complicated thoughts via gesturing. He's very free-spirited.

Warframe:

Spoiler

A mid-greyish rhino with dark green stripes and dark blue accents. He wears the badge of his clan on the right shoulders, and the specters of  liberty badge on his left one
fugVrDT.jpg

ApLBPos.jpg

Warframe equipment: Sancti Tigris, Pirana, Tekko

Specialization: first line fighter. He specializes on fast-paced close quarter skirmishes. However, he is very capable in sabotage, mostly due to good expertise in engineering and sufficient competency in explosives.

Focus path and level: Unairu adept (expect capped passives)

Landing craft: green n' trusty mantis

Spoiler

j360nhE.png

18+? Wish I was that young. 

Edited by Teloch

8 minutes ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

@Teloch

You understand that two others in this RP are running with Operators separate from their frames? Ling as you accept that, i can accept you.

That and I'd like to see which landing craft you're using.

Sure thing, I don't mind people having their pet teeno. 

Can't possibly make a landing craft screenshot until I get home.

Gonna add more details once I get back

Edited by Teloch

38 minutes ago, ArrexDrandko said:

Thank you for accepting me, and big thumbs up for linking our characters in the first post, that's a great thing!

Little detail question though: Do you want us to use color-coded speech? 

Whatever you wish to do. I'm using colors because i technically have two characters that may be speaking in the same post. Color coding there helps everyone know who is who. (Especially since both characters are female)

I'll link (or put) this post in the main one once i get home from work. But energy regen.

I am going to play on the assumption that the energy used for our warframe powers will act like stamina. It regens over time, if you use too much, too fast, you'll be out of energy and possibly screwed if you get jumped by an enemy after a big fight. You meter yourself carefully, you should have reserves if needed. Anyone object to playing energy like this?

11 minutes ago, AdmiralStarNight said:

Snazzy looking. We definitely won't be no basic group. Its almost too bad we have more then four. We could take a cool screenshot if we all got in a squad.

Brought up my most humble OC XD