Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few questions regarding Saryn

Antiphoton

Question

Casting spores on an enemy inflicts Viral damage. Popping those spores inflicts Viral procs and spread the spores.

Popping spores with Toxic Lash will add Toxin damage and procs to those effects, but:

- Popping with Toxic Lash spreads only the Viral effect, or does it spread the Toxin one too?

- Attacking with Toxic Lash a Molt with Spores spreads only the Viral effect, or does it spread the Toxin one too?

- What's the best way to spread both effects without using a weapon with Toxin damage?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

im unsure as to the order of operations if a toxin proc is to be inflicted at the same time as a spore pop...simulacrum testing will be required...ill see what i can find

ill also test question 2 if it doesnt get answered by the time im back.

question 3, hop into a group or find a choke point, pop molt, attempt to tag molt with spores, wait till appropriate enemy count, rescast molt. the explosion will apply forced toxin proc and will spread the spores that are on it. its not the best on energy efficiency but it will spread the spores with 0 weapon interaction.

testing complete! with a 100% status chance corrosive blast ninkondi, loxic lash on i hit an ancient healer in a group of 5 and it spread the toxin proc and the spores. made sure i only hit the one ancient.

it seems as long as you hit the spores themselves with any attack they will pop on molt. toxic lash does not make this any easier and a toxic lashed melee pop will not spread toxin procs when used to pop them on molt.

Edited by Caobie

You will only be able to spread Toxin if you have a weapon with Toxin or Gas status, and you manage to inflict Toxin on an enemy. Saryn is pretty tied to status weapons for her ramping Toxin damage, and you could consider that she has a restricted arsenal choice, that of AoE or high status mainly.

Answers:

- Popping with Toxic Lash spreads only the Viral effect, or does it spread the Toxin one too?

Hitting an enemy with Toxic Lash will spread the Viral and Toxin damage.

- Attacking with Toxic Lash a Molt with Spores spreads only the Viral effect, or does it spread the Toxin one too?

Only Viral.

- What's the best way to spread both effects without using a weapon with Toxin damage?

You... have to build for Gas to spread both, if you don't like Toxin for whatever reason (cough). Or use Toxic Lash + Naramon to be safe. Just spreading Viral is already very helpful in a group setting. For example, I bring along a Staticor (Radiation + Blast + Corrosive) to let its decent damage and control do most of the work. With the 50% hp cut that Viral gives, enemies are effectively receiving double damage. Pair with a Nova for best results.

Optionally, while they're down I'll spray with Gas Ignis and watch the damage ramp up to an insane amount and level 100 infested across the map would die. I'm very certain were I to run a Power Strength>>Range>Duration>Efficiency build (instead of some gimped build with 2 sprint mods), the Toxin damage carried over would be even higher (100% power strength = 25% of base weapon damage as Toxin damage, and 200% strength = 50% damage etc.).

Edited by Ralk1456
More information.

Well I'll answer your last question.

Best way to spread both effect without a weapon with Toxin dmg?

Well you have Toxic Lash. It will proc Toxin even if not modded for toxin. You also have the Dirgia sentinel. Perfect companion for Sayrn. Draw enemies close plus shoots out Toxin dmg that procs on each hit. Although I'm not sure if you shoot a spore from an enemy that is effected by both Toxin & viral dmg, if Toxin will spread too. I should test that out.