Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara's Sleep Arrows and Stealth Streak Inconsistency

Bipp

On 10/08/2016 at 6:14 AM, Keybopsef said:

This is exactly the problem. This inconsistency with seemingly no rule, rhyme or reason. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so I have no idea how it's really supposed to all work out. There's no pattern for anyone to really learn and get around.

Exactly.

I've had my stealth streaks broken by nearly every other enemy as well, not just Seekers and Commanders. And for seemingly no reason. I know how to perform stealth just fine but this flipping inconsistency is driving me nuts. 

As stated, yes. I found out the issue lies with sound arrows (even though it doesn't always cause issues). As for them being attracted to the sound arrow alerted, explain why they still give ~200 standing for stealth scanning them with a synthesis scanner? 

This is the inconsistency I'm talking about. 

From what I understand it is a semi alerted state. I've broken stealth streaks by killing enemies before the duration of the sound arrow is finish. Not sure how kills differ from stealth scans, I have never actually tried it. The result was me stopping use of the noise arrow and killing singles when spread and only using sleep arrows on enemy groups. I never run out of stealth bonus that way

There are a few things that can cause this greif.

1. Enemies have recently spawned in and you had to wait 5 seconds.

2. Putting enemies to sleep while under the effects of noise arrow allows them to see you and be altered if you are not invisible.

3. One finisher ends with you failing over another enemy, which alerts them.

All in all, this game was not made with stealth in mind, not anymore at least.

On 15/10/2016 at 9:39 PM, R34LM said:

There are a few things that can cause this greif.

1. Enemies have recently spawned in and you had to wait 5 seconds.

2. Putting enemies to sleep while under the effects of noise arrow allows them to see you and be altered if you are not invisible.

3. One finisher ends with you failing over another enemy, which alerts them.

All in all, this game was not made with stealth in mind, not anymore at least.

1. I am undeniably certain this was not the case. Ever.

2. Enemies didn't always break my stealth streak when attracted with Sound Arrows before Sleep Arrows though I am 100% certain the issue is with Sound Arrows anyway. I ran around, bumped into, drop kicked and then shot a scorpion who was attracted with sound then sleep before finally killing her. Streak was not broken.

3. Again, I tested this multiple times. Sometimes enemies were alerted, sometimes they weren't.

Funny how a game that's literally about Space Ninjas has such poor stealth. Heck, not even Space ninjas since the slogan for this game is (or was) "Ninjas play free."

I want my stealth gosh hecking darn