Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old player, new questions

Vorsches

Question

Hey Tenno!

So I've played Warframe for a while (remember our derpy "stay close to the walls" grineer anyone?). However it's been a while since I've played (last thing I remember is the Equinox Warframe update), and of course with the ever evolving nature of Warframe it can be easy to get lost in the new content even when you've been keeping up to date. This is the part where I'm wondering if I could ask a few question for you savvy folk out there who've been keeping up.

So I recently ran into some new things while I was getting back up to speed and I was wondering if anyone could explain these next few items to me:

Fissures (ex: Lith Fissure) - What are they? They cost relics, so are relics the new void keys?

Ayatan Star(s) - Found a few but I don't know what they're used for or what to look for.

Remote Observer Equipment - What do these do?

Void Relic Refinement Module - I seem to be missing this and I'm not sure where one would find it. Also what does it do exactly?

Cephalon Fragment - I found one in a mission, but I'm guessing you need a codex scanner to acquire them. Sadly I forgot that gear isn't saved when you make a new install so I wasn't able to test that theory.

Thank you for reading and a big thank you in advance for your help! I look forward to getting back out there, I still have an Equinox frame to farm and a few new pieces of void equipment I'd very much like to add to the collection. ;)

3 answers to this question

Hoo boy, you missed A LOT of stuff. Since you mentioned you last remember Equinox coming out, I assume you last played back in U17 (Welcome Back Thread)

So, now the questions

1. Fissures: These pretty much replaced the old void for gathering relics and yes, relics are the new keys (fun fact, Corrupted enemies got new voices as of U18.10).
  2. Ayatan Stars: These are used for Ayatan Sculptures that you can get as either part of the Weekly Maroo mission or as a rare mission find. They can be traded in for Endo (replaced fusion cores) or placed as decorations
  3. Remote Observer: Basically remote cameras that can be deployed, I never really used them
  4. Void Relic Refinement Module: You get this by completing the Mars junction, you spend Traces to refine the relic (increases the chance of a rare drop)
  5. Cephalon Fragment: You need a codex scanner or synthesis scanner to get these. They're pretty much lore items regarding a lot of stuff (but mostly has some Ordis Lore)
Edited by Hayabusa97

- Relics are contain the prime things. Fissures are providing Void energy needed to crack-open the relic and get what's inside. Fissures are corrupting the nearby enemies and cause them to drop reactants. Gather 10 of it - and you will get the prime part from relic in the end of mission (otherwise relic will not be consumed). Relics can be upgraded (to increase odds to get rare items) by void traces in Void Relic Refinement Module. Segment of that module can be claimed as reward of "Mars Junction" on Earth (to do the junction you need to complete the tasks it shows and then deploy to that node and kill the specter who guards it). Void traces are dropping when you gathered 10\10 reactants on fissure mission (about a 5-50 traces each time).

- There's new Ayatan section in your Mods terminal. There you can see your Ayatan Stars and Ayatan Sculptures. Stars are dropping from crates and lockers in missions. They're can be used to complete the sculptures and make their price higher (and also give em a nice animation). Sculptures can be found simply on the floor (like syndicate medallions). Sculptures are also marked on minimap by Loot Detector \ Thief's Wit \ Animal instinct mods. Also you can get the guaranteed sculpture from Maroo at Maroo's Bazaar. Sculptures and stars can be sold to Maroo for Endo or can be placed in your Orbiter like any other decoration or you can trade for them with other Tenno.

- Remote Observer is a small camera you can put to any place in mission. It shows you from another sight line for a limited time (about a 20sec). Can be used to make nice screenshots (don't forget to hide the overlay map if you're using it).

- Cephalon fragments can be scanned to get their Codex entry. Every mission has one fragment. You need to scan it multiple times (it will show you how many times left). When you finish that - come to Codex -> Fragments section and take a closer look to each picture. Mouse over some parts of picture will show you a hidden information (move your cursor until you get a transmission part, radiointerference sound will show you are close to the right dot). I don't want to spoil what you will find there, but I can say: that's a really nice story about your old friend.

UPD: Huh, looks like I'm a bit late with that, but ok. I hope my explanation will help you anyway.

Edited by Zanoza-chan