Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synergy: Counseling* [IC Roleplay]

Yzjdriel

*shenanigans may occur.

For those of you without the energy to zoom in, that says " *shenanigans may occur. ".

Welcome to this the umpteenth or so thread in the Synergy set.

Let's get to work.

THEM RULES

Spoiler

Rules from the other Synergy threads apply here in full force, and as with all threads, DM actions override player actions.

Unless you can find a way to get here without going to one of the other threads first that I approve of, you'll probably not be doing anything in this thread, since you won't BE in this thread.

Characters can enter this thread from the Synergy main thread by entering Richard's office in that thread.  His office is located in the main hospital on Phenix.  Greater detail in the next section.

Personally, I don't care if you ask little OOC questions in this thread, but don't carry OOC conversations back and forth in an IC thread.

THAT SETTING

Spoiler

We're in the Synergy 'verse, so all lore from that applies here.

Richard's official Synergy office as the current Chairman of Medicine on Phenix is located on the ground floor of the main hospital mere steps from the door.  This is not intended to decrease the number of steps it takes to get to him, but rather the number of steps it takes him to leave at the end of the day.

The exterior of his office looks like the rest of the hospital.  The walls are white, the door frame is a soft blue, the door is made of a sturdy-looking wood, and is currently closed.  The nameplate on the door reads simply "Richard".

The physical act of entering the office will automagically transport a character to this thread (i.e., I will tell you to slide over to this thread and we'll continue from there.  Other ways to enter and exit this thread may appear as things progress.

THOSE PEOPLE

Spoiler

Dr. Richard Alistair Kirsteinberitch Erich von Tenno, PhD., is the Harbinger Clan Miraalan and its official Medic.  The use of Dr. and PhD. is not redundant, as he holds three doctorates in addition to being a fully qualified and licensed physician.  It's up to you whether you believe the Dr. is from the physician or one of the PhD.s.

His backstory can be read in its (currently published) entirety by following the "Apologia" link from miraalan.weebly.com and is, at time of the inception of the thread, 118 pages in length.  I don't expect anyone to read all of it, or even any of it.  Suffice it to say he's very sarcastic, very powerful, and very creative.  He's also fiercely protective of those for whom he cares.

Due to recent events he has decided to take a break from things and is now seated in his office.

And as always, all Forum guidelines apply, please don't God-Mod (though why you would God-Mod in a thread centered around fixing mental issues is beyond me), and for the love of Roleplay USE QUOTATION MARKS.

Edited by Yzjdriel

On 10/8/2016 at 3:15 PM, Rakawan said:

The Rhino either doesn't hear or ignores you.

He slams his fists on the door, throwing his weight at it.

"Open Open OPEN!" He bellows.

"Can you see the hinges?" the voice repeated, more forcefully this time.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Can you see the hinges?" the voice repeated, more forcefully this time.

The Rhino throws his weight into the door barreling through it in a tumble of arms and legs.

He stumbles to his feet looking for things to smash,

"WHO DESIGNED THAT BLOODY DOOR?" He bellows. 

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Rhino throws his weight into the door barreling through it in a tumble of arms and legs.

He stumbles to his feet looking for things to smash,

"WHO DESIGNED THAT BLOODY DOOR?" He bellows. 

The Rhino finds himself enveloped in a soft green light, completely unable to move.  Richard is sitting in a chair behind his desk with an open book in his left hand.

Without looking up, he closes his splayed fingers into a fist, and the Rhino is forced into a wooden chair.

"Can you see the hinges NOW?"  A small smirk shows up on his face, then disappears.

He seemed to finish the passage he'd been reading, and closed the book with a snap.  The light fades, and you can move again.

"Now then," he said, "who are you, what can I do for you, and why the HELL did you attempt to pull open a 'push' door?"

The Rhino finds himself enveloped in a soft green light, completely unable to move.  Richard is sitting in a chair behind his desk with an open book in his left hand.

Without looking up, he closes his splayed fingers into a fist, and the Rhino is forced into a wooden chair.

"Can you see the hinges NOW?"  A small smirk shows up on his face, then disappears.

He seemed to finish the passage he'd been reading, and closed the book with a snap.  The light fades, and you can move again.

"Now then," he said, "who are you, what can I do for you, and why the HELL did you attempt to pull open a 'push' door?"

"Pull?' The Rhino asks meekly. "Ohhhhhhh...."

He hands you a file.

By order of the Council Hern Sunstrider is to report for anger management counseling, following several incidents ending in the injury or near injury of other Tenno.

This sentence has been prescribed in lieu of jail time, pending sucessful completion of the course. It is the council's hope that these sessions will allow you to become a functional and productive member of society. Failure to complete these courses in their entirety will result in resentencing for the full alotment of time prescribed by the council.

Edited by Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Pull?' The Rhino asks meekly. "Ohhhhhhh...."

He hands you a file.

Reveal hidden contents

By order of the Council Hern Sunstrider is to report for anger management counseling, following several incidents ending in the injury or near injury of other Tenno.

This sentence has been prescribed in lieu of jail time, pending sucessful completion of the course. It is the council's hope that these sessions will allow you to become a functional and productive member of society. Failure to complete these courses in their entirety will result in resentencing for the full alotment of time prescribed by the council.

Richard scanned the file.

"Well."  He looked at Hern.  "Why don't we start at the beginning?  What's the very first thing you can remember?"

Richard scanned the file.

"Well."  He looked at Hern.  "Why don't we start at the beginning?  What's the very first thing you can remember?"

The Rhino sighs as if the act of remembering is tedious.

"Climbing out of a cryo-tube." He says. "And hearing some annoying high pitched voice telling me to move."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Rhino sighs as if the act of remembering is tedious.

"Climbing out of a cryo-tube." He says. "And hearing some annoying high pitched voice telling me to move."

"What about the voice made it annoying?"

"What about the voice made it annoying?"

The Rhino seems to get agitated.

"It was just annoying... you know." He says. "Go here, pick up this. Stop killing the Grineer and push that button. Stop killing Grineer and get to evac. Stop killing Corpus and save that squadmate. Just... annoying."

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Rhino seems to get agitated.

"It was just annoying... you know." He says. "Go here, pick up this. Stop killing the Grineer and push that button. Stop killing Grineer and get to evac. Stop killing Corpus and save that squadmate. Just... annoying."

"I'm seeing a correlation between someone saying 'stop killing people' and you getting angry.  Why don't you tell me why that is?"

"I'm seeing a correlation between someone saying 'stop killing people' and you getting angry.  Why don't you tell me why that is?"

"Why?" He asks. "WHY?"

He sounds incredulous.

"When's the last time someone told a warrior race to STOP killing things." He says. "Isn't that... I don't know.... WHAT WE WERE MADE TO DO?"

He fidgets and seems to get more agitated.

"I shouldn't even be here." He says. "Those pigmen and greedy milk are out there spreading across the system like fungus and they've got me building houses and talking to freaking shrinks!"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Why?" He asks. "WHY?"

He sounds incredulous.

"When's the last time someone told a warrior race to STOP killing things." He says. "Isn't that... I don't know.... WHAT WE WERE MADE TO DO?"

He fidgets and seems to get more agitated.

"I shouldn't even be here." He says. "Those pigmen and greedy milk are out there spreading across the system like fungus and they've got me building houses and talking to freaking shrinks!"

"Who am I?"  Richard asked, amused.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!" The Rhino bellows. "DO I LOOK LIKE A PSYCHIC TO YOU?"

"What did my name plate say?" Richard asked.  "You're a soldier," he continued before anyone could shout again.  "That means you're good at remembering things.  So that means you DO already know my name.  And you also remember that we've met before.  You heard my voice somewhere before.  Remember where that was, and therefore who I am."

"What did my name plate say?" Richard asked.  "You're a soldier," he continued before anyone could shout again.  "That means you're good at remembering things.  So that means you DO already know my name.  And you also remember that we've met before.  You heard my voice somewhere before.  Remember where that was, and therefore who I am."

"I HAVE NO CLUE WHO...." He starts, then stops and falls silent. "Oh......"

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I HAVE NO CLUE WHO...." He starts, then stops and falls silent. "Oh......"

"I'm no shrink," said Richard with a chuckle.  "Though I do have a degree in psychology.  Although to be honest, that one was an accident."

On 10/9/2016 at 8:07 PM, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm no shrink," said Richard with a chuckle.  "Though I do have a degree in psychology.  Although to be honest, that one was an accident."

"HOW DOES ONE..." The Rhino says, then takes a breath. "How does one accidentally acquire a degree?"

Richard burst into laughter.  "I've done quite a few things that would surprise you.  But I think you see the reason they sent you to me.  I myself have quite the temper, and am quite adept at holding it in check, when it needs to be."

Edited by Yzjdriel

Richard burst into laughter.  "I've done quite a few things that would surprise you.  But I think you see the reason they sent you to me.  I myself have quite the temper, and am quite adept at holding it in check, when it needs to be."

"But you see the issue." He says. "What's the use being a soldier if all I ever do is build stuff and get told to stop fighting?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"But you see the issue." He says. "What's the use being a soldier if all I ever do is build stuff and get told to stop fighting?"

"Well, I see AN issue, but you're taking things a little out of context.  First of all, the Tenno are not a warrior race.  We are, technically, a sub-race of humans.  And while it is true that we are all capable warriors," he continued quickly, "we are not merely a race of people whose philosophy is 'hit them with sticks, shoot them in the face, burn their dwellings to the ground'.  To attempt to categorize us as such is both fallacious and insulting."

"Well, I see AN issue, but you're taking things a little out of context.  First of all, the Tenno are not a warrior race.  We are, technically, a sub-race of humans.  And while it is true that we are all capable warriors," he continued quickly, "we are not merely a race of people whose philosophy is 'hit them with sticks, shoot them in the face, burn their dwellings to the ground'.  To attempt to categorize us as such is both fallacious and insulting."

"But some of us, me for example, take pride in being warriors." He says. "Why shouldn't we take the fight to our enemies?"