Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon and Warframe Ideas

Wgni

So, first of all this is my very first Thread on these Forums, and I have no idea if these things were thought about before. Maybe I'm just an idiot thinking he'd be original.

The first idea would be a Cephalon inspired Warframe. Once, because I like the theme and second because it could thematically fit another idea I had, which was a Warframe without health, but lots of shield. This WF would then of course be immune to Bleed, Poison and Viral procs, but, to function properly it would also need a resistance against Magnetic procs (because else it would die in seconds). The problem I'm having with making actual abilities for it, is that almost all the thematically fitting things, like Electricity powers, Mind Control and Copied Enemies are already used in Volt, Nyx and Nekros. So, even though I may not find a fitting setup for that idea, maybe someone else does.

The Quest could go like, Ancient Orokin Blueprints uncovered during an Extermination Mission inside a Derelict/Void Tower -> Bring to Cephalon Simaris -> Find more via Excavation/Survival/Spy missions in Void Towers/Moon -> Rinse Repeat.

Another idea for a Warframe would be one literally made of Infestation, but I didn't put much thought into that yet. Maybe a focus on Viral damage (since Poison is occupied by Saryn) or overtaking enemies (even though that is occupied by Nekros and Nyx).

The weapon idea would be the Juggernaut weapons. I just came up with that name as I wrote it, thought it seemed fitting. These weapons would be the Warframe equivalent of really heavy duty weaponry. Since a Warframe is almost like a small tank, why not give them a bit of Artillery with it? Think of it like Archwing weapons for normal missions. Meelees would then take Meelee and Secondary Weaponslot, while ranged Juggernauts would take on the place of Secondary and Primary Weaponslot, but give you extraordinary firepower.

The latter concept is just to look badass, while the first is a thing that would even be really cool lorewise (if you ask me).

Eh, a frame without health wouldn't be able to work because the health determines if the thing is still alive or not. There are game modes that actually remove shields, so in effect it would instantly kill you. Shields also have no resistances, so they would take pure damage compared to having the innate resistances all Tenno have. Shields are just an overlay to the health that dies quickly but regenerates, so that is how it balances out. Innate immunity to a proc type, thus a damage source, without the use of a skill is problematic. It can create a meta with that frame against situations that have heavy use of those elements. Next, have you collected all of the Cephalon fragments and thus understand what a Cephalon is? Fairly sure that a specifically Cephalon based Warframe wouldn't work.

Infestation based Warframe wouldn't make as much sense since Warframes are  all infested based. Warframes also tend to avoid being based off of any one faction (Valkyr only have corpus elements to her appearance compared to a thematic aspect throughout her design) since they are their own faction. Lastly for the weapons, we already have those in the works, the sentient arm weapons are basically that without requiring the use of multiple weapon equip slots that you pick up in-mission.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

9 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Eh, a frame without health wouldn't be able to work because the health determines if the thing is still alive or not. Shields also have no resistances, so they would take pure damage compared to having the innate resistances all Tenno have. Shields are just an overlay to the health that dies quickly but regenerates, so that is how it balances out. Innate immunity to a proc type, thus a damage source, without the use of a skill is problematic. It can create a meta with that frame against situations that have heavy use of those elements. Infestation based Warframe wouldn't make sense since Warframes are  all infested based. Warframes also tend to avoid being based off of any one faction (Valkyr only have corpus elements to her appearance compared to a thematic aspect throughout her design) since they are their own faction. Lastly for the weapons, we already have those in the works, the sentient arm weapons are basically that without requiring the use of multiple weapon equip slots that you pick up in-mission.

The intention behind the first Warframe is to create something new, like how Inaros doesn't have any shields, but I see why it wouldn't work.

About the Warframes being infested based: Up till now, every Warframe is of Orokin origin, but with Zanuka it's proven that a new kind of Warframe is lorewise actually possible for the inhabitants of the Origin System to create. Also, it could be a Warframe that actually is infested, but the Tenno is still able to use it.

Edited by Wgni

Crazy concept: the Cephalon and Pure Infested frames could be one very weird Warframe, as powerful as it is unfashionable, it can cause glitches, steal control of things, teleport in erratic, alien ways, and then steal traits from it's enemies.

Style: A failed Warframe prototype which somehow works and can be controlled, but is not built like any Warframe. It requires resources and materials typically used in building Cephalon/Infested weapons, followed by an Orokin Cell, one Forma, and a single Exilus.

Stats: 

Spoiler

Light-medium armour (about 100 to 150).

Low health (about 10, or so).

Absurdly high shields (about 600 right off the bat).

And an energy pool of 100.

Powers: 

Spoiler

Crash: Causes the enemy to be unable to attack. Any attempts to attack will inflict the damage on the 'crashed' attacker. Dying from this effect will yield an explosion and if another is damaged, the effect is passed on. Each time the enemy tries to attack, the [PSEUDO-WARFRAME] regains shields at an accelerated rate for a brief time. 

Also known as 'Virus'; inflicts DOT that adds any self-damage onto it until it disappears, or you die. It requires a moment of exposure to apply to enemies.

Glitch Strike: Impales the ground, sending horrific spikes up from any viable surface (no surface? Teleport), impaling and applying a weaker instance of Crash/Virus.

Stutterwalk: Select destination, and be moved as if lagging. Any enemies that you pass through will get an application of Crash/Virus.

Godmode: Toggle power. Makes user invulnerable, but energy will act as the overshields.

Passives:

Spoiler

Health cannot be damaged until all shields are removed; shields benefit from armor stat; immunity to shield removal abilities, can run/walk/do stuff on any surface (will slowly slide/unstick from walls/ceilings at a slower rate than other Warframes).

Design:

Spoiler

Think of a demon. Think of Infested. Think of a Cephalon weapon. Now merge them. It's not even a Warframe, yet has all the necessary systems to be commanded by a Tenno without getting messed up in the mind. It could have many names, but mainly something relative to corruption, hacking, and being an abomination.

It's only sufficiently humanoid, meaning cosmetics can still be applied. Colouring this 'Warframe' will be difficult due to the weird design it has.

Just now, Wgni said:

The intention behind the first Warframe is to create something new, like how Inaros doesn't have any shields, but I see why it wouldn't work.

About the Warframes being infested based: Up till now, every Warframe is of Orokin origin, but with Zanuka it's proven that a new kind of Warframe is lorewise actually possible for the inhabitants of the Origin System to create. Also, it could be a Warframe that actually is infested, but the Tenno is still able to use it.

Warframes cant be infested because they are already infestation based, but they are unable to be connected to the hive mind. and Zanuka isn't a Warframe since its just a robotic unit that has Warframe suit components built in. Warframes are also controllable by Tenno via transference, which Zanuka cant be since he lacks a key aspect.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Warframes cant be infested because they are already infestation based, but they are unable to be connected to the hive mind. and Zanuka isn't a Warframe since its just a robotic unit that has Warframe suit components built in. Warframes are also controllable by Tenno via transference, which Zanuka cant be since he lacks a key aspect.

It's not an Infested Warframe, it's a Warframe who's key aspect is infestation. My apologies if I worded that wrong.

And what I was trying to say with Zanuka as an example is that they can work with Warframe parts. They may not yet be able to build a Warframe from scratch but they're darn close to it, maybe even close enough to patch one together.

6 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Crazy concept: the Cephalon and Pure Infested frames could be one very weird Warframe, as powerful as it is unfashionable, it can cause glitches, steal control of things, teleport in erratic, alien ways, and then steal traits from it's enemies.

Style: A failed Warframe prototype which somehow works and can be controlled, but is not built like any Warframe. It requires resources and materials typically used in building Cephalon/Infested weapons, followed by an Orokin Cell, one Forma, and a single Exilus.

Stats: 

Reveal hidden contents

Light-medium armour (about 100 to 150).

Low health (about 10, or so).

Absurdly high shields (about 600 right off the bat).

And an energy pool of 100.

Powers: 

Reveal hidden contents

Crash: Causes the enemy to be unable to attack. Any attempts to attack will inflict the damage on the 'crashed' attacker. Dying from this effect will yield an explosion and if another is damaged, the effect is passed on. Each time the enemy tries to attack, the [PSEUDO-WARFRAME] regains shields at an accelerated rate for a brief time. 

Also known as 'Virus'; inflicts DOT that adds any self-damage onto it until it disappears, or you die. It requires a moment of exposure to apply to enemies.

Glitch Strike: Impales the ground, sending horrific spikes up from any viable surface (no surface? Teleport), impaling and applying a weaker instance of Crash/Virus.

Stutterwalk: Select destination, and be moved as if lagging. Any enemies that you pass through will get an application of Crash/Virus.

Godmode: Toggle power. Makes user invulnerable, but energy will act as the overshields.

Passives:

Reveal hidden contents

Health cannot be damaged until all shields are removed; shields benefit from armor stat; immunity to shield removal abilities, can run/walk/do stuff on any surface (will slowly slide/unstick from walls/ceilings at a slower rate than other Warframes).

Design:

Reveal hidden contents

Think of a demon. Think of Infested. Think of a Cephalon weapon. Now merge them. It's not even a Warframe, yet has all the necessary systems to be commanded by a Tenno without getting messed up in the mind. It could have many names, but mainly something relative to corruption, hacking, and being an abomination.

It's only sufficiently humanoid, meaning cosmetics can still be applied. Colouring this 'Warframe' will be difficult due to the weird design it has.

The Infested and the Cephalon Warframe were actually supposed to be two different things. Not one Mutalist mixture, but I appreciate the thought you put into it

Just now, Wgni said:

The Infested and the Cephalon Warframe were actually supposed to be two different things. Not one Mutalist mixture, but I appreciate the thought you put into it

It's something that hasn't been done before, and could otherwise stem from a Zanuka Infested into a bipedal form (Infestation molds Zanuka into a Volt/Frost hybrid with abilities that do a beautifully ugly mix of both power-sets). Besides, there is no glitch-based Warframe out there as of yet, and this one could well be the candidate.