Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio Files From The Game?

DAL97

Question

Hello, I'v been doing some digging around (not in the files yet) and I want to know if I am even allowed to look/listen to the sound files. My cause is, I am working on the entire story, from Start to finish IN ORDER. Some sounds in game are very mysterious and I do want to listen to them without all the noise of gunfire (I know, I know. "Just disable some sounds in the audio settings"). Although the main reason is because I never thought of doing this untill about a few months ago when I finished the Second Dream Quest (Gawd it was harpin on me for a long tiem to finish it... finaly finished). And thus far is my favorite quest. OFF TOPIC... crap.
But I have started and finished on the 1st part where DE's 1st game takes place on the game "Dark Sector". Where a lot of people know that these 2 games follow the same universe in different time periods, But I never found anywhere on the internet HOW or WHY they connect. Only that they do (totes not cuz 1st Gen Excal Armor with Lotus Sigil).
The main reason why I am wanting the sound files is because this time period goes in order from DS to what we have now on Warframe. therefore I do need the 'Sands of Inaros' sounds (and sounds from other quests aswell like NATAH and The Second Dream with No music in the background, etc.) and such without a lot of other sounds for the video. which is the main reason Why I am here. I don't want to get banned I already used 4 years of my life on this game Q_Q

I will be needing other sound files from the game aswell such as I hear an airy voice in Phobos sometimes making a tune. And that I need for a type of theory. And such is why I am asking here.

if you read all this I commend you for your valiant effort to read my lengthy post. 

6 answers to this question

1) Dark Sector is only a spiritual prequel to Warframe, not a direct precursor, don't try to connect any of it's events to Warframe directly, only thematic elements. The original concept for Dark Sector is what Warframe eventually came to be. 

2) Most of the dialogue from the Second Dream can be found on the Warframe Wiki under Ballas and Margulis's entries. For Baro Ki'teer and his mother's dialogue in The Sands of Inaros, you may want to check YouTube.

3) The eerie voice making a tune you hear on Phobos is probably just a Hyekka master whistling "Three Blind Mice," they do that. 

I wouldnt have a clue about the audio files. But if you are looking for story and how warframe links to dark sector.

Dark sector is only very mildly related in the fact Hayden had a prototype warframe potentially and the technocyte virus is the one which the orokin created the infestation with or an old version of it. 

I recommend going onto the wiki and reading the article which discusses the accumulated story that they have figured out.

12 hours ago, Gelkor said:

1) Dark Sector is only a spiritual prequel to Warframe, not a direct precursor, don't try to connect any of it's events to Warframe directly, only thematic elements. The original concept for Dark Sector is what Warframe eventually came to be. 

2) Most of the dialogue from the Second Dream can be found on the Warframe Wiki under Ballas and Margulis's entries. For Baro Ki'teer and his mother's dialogue in The Sands of Inaros, you may want to check YouTube.

3) The eerie voice making a tune you hear on Phobos is probably just a Hyekka master whistling "Three Blind Mice," they do that. 

Alright thank you! this has been dearly noted

10 hours ago, TC-Guardian said:

I wouldnt have a clue about the audio files. But if you are looking for story and how warframe links to dark sector.

Dark sector is only very mildly related in the fact Hayden had a prototype warframe potentially and the technocyte virus is the one which the orokin created the infestation with or an old version of it. 

I recommend going onto the wiki and reading the article which discusses the accumulated story that they have figured out.

there's more to it than that. Such as the virus in dark sector IS connected as Agent TenZero had the same abilities as that 1st enemy you see in Dark Sector. Such as his arm and neck regional Area are the same material as the warframe and corpus machines. I make this conclusion because... Why would suits bleed? why would a robotic bleed RED blood. Same for the corpus Moas. Hayden's arm bled aswell when struck, leaving me to think of it as living metal. (THIS PART IS JUST THEORY). Especially when Lephantis speaks, "We praise you why do you defile us" sounds kind of like the doctor at the end of Dark Sector. Thus may be the beginning of the Orokin era, where the Orokin later on in a few thousand years May have tried recreating the virus as a bio weapon, but went horribly wrong. As our characters say after the 2nd dream.
"The Infested, An orokin weapon, That backfired." and both the virus and the Infested look the same, twisted bodies, demented demeanor, the need to kill, and being controlled. As the same as we see in Jordas Precept. Jordas was being controlled by the Infested. Exactly the same as the doctor in Dark Sector attempting control on Hayden when he became infected.

Edited by DAL97

20 minutes ago, DAL97 said:

there's more to it than that. Such as the virus in dark sector IS connected as Agent TenZero had the same abilities as that 1st enemy you see in Dark Sector. Such as his arm and neck regional Area are the same material as the warframe and corpus machines. I make this conclusion because... Why would suits bleed? why would a robotic bleed RED blood. Same for the corpus Moas. Hayden's arm bled aswell when struck, leaving me to think of it as living metal. (THIS PART IS JUST THEORY). Especially when Lephantis speaks, "We praise you why do you defile us" sounds kind of like the doctor at the end of Dark Sector. Thus may be the beginning of the Orokin era, where the Orokin later on in a few thousand years May have tried recreating the virus as a bio weapon, but went horribly wrong. As our characters say after the 2nd dream.
"The Infested, An orokin weapon, That backfired." and both the virus and the Infested look the same, twisted bodies, demented demeanor, the need to kill, and being controlled. As the same as we see in Jordas Precept. Jordas was being controlled by the Infested. Exactly the same as the doctor in Dark Sector attempting control on Hayden when he became infected.

Well, it's clear Warframe's aren't robots, that hasn't every really been disputed. They bleed, they need oxygen, Ballas refers to them as "Golems, mind controlled by devils (The Tenno)."

And yes, it's highly likely that Warframes themselves are composed of Infested tissue, as indicated in the Rhino Prime Codex, the dialogue from the three Infested Bosses, and the fact that Titania and presumably other Warframes were built by "the best Infestation Biologist in the Solar System," Silvana. 

Something else to keep in mind, is that the completed Cephalon Fragments indicates that Cephalons like Jordas are not, in fact, robots or AI.

Like I said though, don't look at Dark Sector as canon, Warframe has more in common with the original concept for Dark Sector than it does with the released version of Dark Sector that was altered heavily by the publishing company. There are thematic elements, and easter eggs, but that's all they are. Tidbits of nods to their old works.

Edited by Gelkor