Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lander positions in squads

defcultist

So, it is neat to see the other squad member's landers floating outside of the window of one's own lander.  However, the positioning seems off.

It seems they are all pointed right at you, regardless of any variables.  Does each player see the other landers as pointing only to them?

Should the landers all point to the squad leader?  Or should they all point to a central focus?  What determines the order of the landers in the viewpane?

21 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Tbh I'd love it if the ships all faced the host's/leader's ship. Would be way easier to see who's the host rather than having to go in a mission to find out.

im not sure i know how to determine who a host is IN a mission, or out

also interesting would be ability to change host, promote other player to host

4 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

im not sure i know how to determine who a host is IN a mission, or out

also interesting would be ability to change host, promote other player to host

It's simple, just enable the player list and see whose way-point is number 1.

If only we can do that.. My life would be much easier with public randoms. My hosting is bad and I know that.

19 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

It's simple, just enable the player list and see whose way-point is number 1.

If only we can do that.. My life would be much easier with public randoms. My hosting is bad and I know that.

you mean that isn't a functionality now?  i figured it was something i overlooked, as i do have some brain damage :)

or you mean my 2nd point, the changing hosts? ok, so i did overlook the first point you said, player list number?  ok, so my brain damage didn't go away.

The point of view is instanced. Just like the story. You don't think that every single Tenno was stalked by the Stalker and rescued from the Reservoir and carried by Lotus personally into the new chamber? Just think of it that your Tenno is the main character and other Tenno have their own different stories. So outside your window, 3 other Tenno ships are coming to join you for a mission and they came over to your Orbiter.

how bout the ships tumble around a common center of gravity?  at some point all 3 other ships would be visible, at other times 2 or 1 or no ship would be visible, as your lander gently rotates in synchronicity with the other ships, like someone is juggling them