Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse Sensitivity for cursor?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

A while ago I made some upgrades to my PC, which reset all my settings in Warframe. After taking some time to set it all back and playing with it for a while, I keep noticing that the cursor is moving much slower than I remember. Aiming is fine, but when the cursor comes up and I gotta drag it across the screen, it feels incredibly slow.

Is there some separate setting for the Mouse Sensitivity of the cursor specifically?

10 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

you might try your computer's main mouse settings

16 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Do you notice any difference in Windows?

Do you have software installed for your mouse?

It's completely normal in Windows, and in any other game. My current mouse needed no software download, though it does have a DPI button with 3 settings. I never touch it though.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

It's completely normal in Windows, and in any other game. My current mouse needed no software download, though it does have a DPI button with 3 settings. I never touch it though.

I've sometimes had small problems with mouses if I haven't installed a software for them, even if the mouse works otherwise properly.

Are your resolution and aspect ratios correctly set in the game?

15 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I've sometimes had small problems with mouses if I haven't installed a software for them, even if the mouse works otherwise properly.

Are your resolution and aspect ratios correctly set in the game?

Yup, 1920x1080 as is my screen by default.

Just now, Babellon said:

lower your resolution you'll get better frame rate, less latency and more responsiveness...also fire rate is somehow tied to framerate. (that wasn't specifically relevant but figured t worth mentioning). 

I can't stand having a lower resolution. Everything gets blurry and less detailed. It'd be like me taking off my glasses.

Besides, I can run the game just fine at 60 FPS with max settings. My Geforce GTX 970 makes sure of that.

4 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I can't stand having a lower resolution. Everything gets blurry and less detailed. It'd be like me taking off my glasses.

Besides, I can run the game just fine at 60 FPS with max settings. My Geforce GTX 970 makes sure of that.

well then, theres always the mouse settings in system hardware. Turn up the cursor speed. If its a logitech device there is a wireless pairing program that allows you some options including setting up for gaming. Logitech setpoint...I cannot find the link in the program file but if you look it up I'm sure it'll show up,. I use it for my wireless mouse/keyboard.

4 hours ago, Babellon said:

well then, theres always the mouse settings in system hardware. Turn up the cursor speed. If its a logitech device there is a wireless pairing program that allows you some options including setting up for gaming. Logitech setpoint...I cannot find the link in the program file but if you look it up I'm sure it'll show up,. I use it for my wireless mouse/keyboard.

The mouse itself has no problems with its speed. It's completely fine, and exactly how fast I want it for everything I do... except when I'm moving the cursor around in Warframe.

Speeding it up is just gonna make it too fast 95% of the time again. And no, it's not Logitech.

12 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

The mouse itself has no problems with its speed. It's completely fine, and exactly how fast I want it for everything I do... except when I'm moving the cursor around in Warframe.

Speeding it up is just gonna make it too fast 95% of the time again. And no, it's not Logitech.

You may have inadvertently changed your DPI setting OR the settings you've redone still aren't exact replications of how you had it before. I had the latter issue everytime WF updated. I "remedied" this by adjusting myself to the default sliders. I won't bother myself with this ridiculous nuance. 

This wouldn't be so much an issue if DE gave numerical values for sensitivity. A standard with any other shooter. 

Also, you'll want to keep Windows acceleration off with mouse sensitivity at 6/11. This insures the 1-to-1 movement between the hand and camera as much as possible. Acceleration and higher cursor settings add certain levels of unpredictability regarding aim in shooters. Usually considered unacceptable in most circles.

Edited by Geneaux