Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NG+ on junctions

Larred

The solar rails are a REALLY cool concept but once you have done them all once, not much left to do. So how about once we have cleared all the junctions can we reset them? keep all current progress (maps still unlocked) but we can do new quest that are harder for the junctions and fight multiple/ better guardians inside for better/unique rewards and to add a thought i forgot, once you finish this keep redoing it over and over at high difficulty ng+2 etc forever

Edited by Larred

Honestly I personally don't see a need to have junctions in the game, the spectres haven't been a challenge in the slightest and the rewards you get in most cases, if you ignore chroma and specific quests, are pretty lacklustre.  The 'pretty lightshow' at the end is the same each time so once you've seen it once you don't really need to watch it again. 

well what if they made it harder and made it where  in order to access it you had to do more and more unique challenges like complete a  rescue as rhino in like 3 minutes so you have to really move the entire time 

30 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly I personally don't see a need to have junctions in the game, the spectres haven't been a challenge in the slightest and the rewards you get in most cases, if you ignore chroma and specific quests, are pretty lacklustre.  The 'pretty lightshow' at the end is the same each time so once you've seen it once you don't really need to watch it again. 

You clearly have not spoken with new players going through the system. I have a few in the Discord I use that often go on about how a specter in a junction was kicking their &#! and how it was a hard fight for them with their current gear. That is the point of the specters, to challenge new players and force their hands with getting proper gear, better mods, and deal with different situations in combat that they wouldn't have seen before. It also gives them a preview of the nest Warframe they could get, which is a definite bonus. The specters are NOT for veteran players at all. The fact they are easy for vets to kill are to allow them to quickly unlock the junction and get their correct unlock done again, which they would have already had.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You clearly have not spoken with new players going through the system. I have a few in the Discord I use that often go on about how a specter in a junction was kicking their &#! and how it was a hard fight for them with their current gear. That is the point of the specters, to challenge new players and force their hands with getting proper gear, better mods, and deal with different situations in combat that they wouldn't have seen before. It also gives them a preview of the nest Warframe they could get, which is a definite bonus. The specters are NOT for veteran players at all. The fact they are easy for vets to kill are to allow them to quickly unlock the junction and get their correct unlock done again, which they would have already had.

I've tried with low level gear too, ie the same sort of thing you would have at that junction level and they're still not difficult. 

As to the spectres showing off what a warframe can do... they don't really do that with the limited AI the spectres have.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

I've tried with low level gear too, ie the same sort of thing you would have at that junction level and they're still not difficult. 

As to the spectres showing off what a warframe can do... they don't really do that with the limited AI the spectres have.

Low Level != New player's gear. They have few of the mods we consider staples and have far less access to weapons that higher MR players do. They also have less of an idea on how to play the game, avoid damage, and aim properly while remaining agile. Every junction specter is capable of using all their abilities, Ive seen them all use them. It gives a hint at what powers they have, thus "What they can do." Clearly a player who gets the warframe would be more intuitive with builds and making their frame work to its fullest better than an AI.

2 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Low Level != New player's gear. They have few of the mods we consider staples and have far less access to weapons that higher MR players do. They also have less of an idea on how to play the game, avoid damage, and aim properly while remaining agile. Every junction specter is capable of using all their abilities, Ive seen them all use them. It gives a hint at what powers they have, thus "What they can do." Clearly a player who gets the warframe would be more intuitive with builds and making their frame work to its fullest better than an AI.

Honestly they're not hard with weapons/frames/mods that you can achieve by the level that you are doing the junction.  I started a new player a while back to try out mag, it managed to kill the first junction using a bo, paris and lex, not even the better choice of skana and braton, with basic damage mods I'd found prior to junction and a capacity of around 15 iirc... no cheesing it with powers or anything. 

At MR1 it can get the dual heat swords and other options which are considerably better than the bo too and makes junction 2 easy enough to do too. 

Now I know I have a bit more experience but it wasn't exactly hard to just bullet jump to it and then melee the spectre....it's worked on EVERY spectre and in most cases the spectre doesn't hit back as it's being made to stagger backwards.

at least your junctions are fine

my junctions stuck on earth.

I killed those spectres by blasting, shooting, arrows, many arrows, hand gun, explisive, shotgun , stab, back stab, blade storm, avalanche, trin skill 1 and 2, ember roast them, burn them, poison them, stand on guard with reflect till they die

and yes i still stuck on earth junction

luckily i have unlocked all the planet way before that