Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi Auto Weapon That Requires NOT Aiming at Enemies to Be the Most Effective

LifeNine

I like using semi-auto weapons in this game, but there really isn't that many. My concept is really more a mechanic for a semi-auto, so the damage, crit, and status can be changed as needed.

• The weapon will shoot a projectile that will bounce up to a maximum of two times.
  • After bouncing once, the projectile will do 2x damage. After bouncing twice the projectile will do 3x damage.
  • It should have around 30 bullets in a magazine and have a 4-5 fire rate so it's not too punishing if you miss while trying to use the bouncing mechanic.

The reason for the high multipliers it to incentivize using the new mechanic to do maximize damage. The second bounce is not likely to hit anything, so having a higher multiplier shouldn't matter. But if for some reason the weapon is too good the multipliers can be brought down a little to something like 1.5x and 2x or 2x and 2.5x.

I also want this to be a semi-auto because it should feel like a precision weapon and not something you just spray a bunch of bullets into the ground or walls and hope they will hit the enemy. Hopefully this can change up the way weapons feels and how a mission is played, but still retain some usefulness at higher levels because of the multipliers.

The Synoid Simulor is technically a Semi-Auto weapon that doesn't require you to aim. 

I don't think it is the epitome of precision either.

But I think the idea of projectiles that bounce around is cool, something like Drakgoon perhaps? 

Edited by X3Evanescence