Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Rest ability sometimes does not target all enemies in range

R4ZRBL4DE

Question

Hi.

I have recently begun re-using Equinox, mainly for his Rest ability. Now from what I've read on the wiki and other reference sites, Rest targets the enemy on which it is cast and all enemies within a specific radius of said enemy. It also seems to affect enemies through obstacles.

Now my problem is that sometimes, when I cast Rest on someone in the middle of an enemy cluster, it does not always seem to include all enemies in within range. This needs me to walk around and perform multiple casts until each and every one of them is put to sleep. This usually happens in rooms with obstacles, when having several enemies in the cluster, and also if there is no direct LoS on all enemies. For example, A, B and C are standing within three meters of each other. I can see A and B, but not C. If i cast Rest on A, B is affected, but C sometimes tends to not, mainly I believe because he's not visible to me. So in other words, I cannot CC because I cannot see C (sorry about that, I'll show myself out in a min). Considering my build is max range, this shouldn't be the case. Also, I do not use the Calm and Frenzy augment, just in case you need to know.

Apparently the effects of Rest are not dependent on the number of enemies in the cast radius, unless I've missed something. Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. 

(Edit: I use Telesto on Saturn and Adaro on Sedna for these stealth runs. This hasn't been tested on Corpus yet.)

Edited by R4ZRBL4DE

3 answers to this question

From my experience playing WF and all its frames, I can tell you that a LoS is very important, for example when I cast Blade Storm on Ash, it does not kill all enemy within range of the target simply because at that moment I don not have a clear LoS (not even partial), same story with Mesa's Peacemaker. I would suggest trying to position yourself differently so you have at least a partial (1/2) view of the target that is covered and do more tests, and see how it goes.

With rest the range between enemies is still quite a short distance. So even when cast in a group the others do have to be relatively close 3/5m. Now like you I have cast when I would say enemies are a little more bunched and have noticed the effect not spreading within that range. However it could be that they were still a little further than the enemy I cast on.

This would explain why an augment was released tbh and its really worth getting as killing the enemy it was cast on will spread it to a much further radius.

Some abilities seem to suffer this same problem like Lantern - titania. You cast the ability and some enemies that clearly should be affected by the ability are not.

It gets worse if you consider the effect of the casting time + enemy movement, there is a delay between casting and the power affecting enemies, which means that if they are moving, maybe you have the impression that when you casted, the enemies were in range but they are not.

If you add to this mix, Line of sight, the hole thing becomes... messy. 

What is line of sight anyway? Enemy body is facing you? Enemy body and head facing you? Enemy body, head and eyes facing you? If you think about it, there is a slight chance that a random grineer is actually facing you but in fact his eyes are checking that hottie on the corner and them he wouldnt be Ccd.