Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thar be booty around these here parts

Nocam

Question

No seriously. This weird @(*()$ orb has loot in it and I have no idea how to get at it. I'd shot at it from multiple angles, hopped on it, slam attack, nothing.

Anyone ever gotten in this ball? There's two of em in this room.

DKAvAof.jpg

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

There's a button in the middle that opens one of them or both of them and they close at a certain time. I recommend using ignis or something that can explode or use punch-through so it can go through the walls.

...Well S#&$. You weren't kidding about it being quick.

I typically use a Sonicor for those because the button also turns on a bunch of the annoying Death Orbs in the lower area. Any other explosive or area-of-effect weapon will work. I think a secondary weapon with Seeker equipped can also punch through far enough from below, but I haven't actually tried.

The Orthos Prime with Primed Reach can also hit them, but it's a bit tricky.

Just now, Nocam said:

A whip with Reach can also work.

thinking about using my Lecta to break em open next time, THEN hit the button and let the booty drop.

The button isn't guaranteed to open both balls, so it's safer to just use Vacuum. That said, I do believe it is possible to pick up the loot simply by bullet jumping at it from the bridge below even without Vacuum (note that colliding with the bottom of the ball will trigger a teleport to a nearby unstuck location).

47 minutes ago, Nocam said:

I mean break em before I hit the button. I do it with the containers behind walls all the time. and I run ?Helios with max vacuum, and it sucks up loot through walls, so I may not need the button.

Exactly as I meant. There's no point in actually hitting the button because the loot is already reachable. All the button does is drop the loot out of the ball onto the floor, but it's unreliable because both balls are not guaranteed to open. You may as well skip the button entirely.