Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Duality, Making the most of it

Tyrantherus

Question

Heya, so I recently finished constructing Equinox, and one of the main draws to me was actually one of his augments, Duality. Now, I do know he is affected by power duration, and power strength. That said, I have been having difficulty finding a proper weapon to use in conjunction with it. Given the short duration it has (roughly like 18 seconds with duration mods), plus the way the AI sometimes acts, I feel somewhat disappointed with the clone. Heck, with how the toggles on equinox's other abilities detoggles when you swap forms, its hard to give alot of other incentive for constantly swapping forms.

But enough with me complaining, the real reason I've come here to ask is, what kind of weapons would you use for Equinox's specter? On one hand, explosives with the damage multiplier could absolutely rock. On the other hand, weapons with hitscan, fast rates of fire, and quick reloads could work well when the AI decides to work. (Think latron prime, akmagnus, faster than human feasibility clicking for shots with potentially good accuracy when the AI's not shooting at a corner of a wall...)

Edited by Tyrantherus

4 answers to this question

Duality's more of a gimmick mod than anything else. The specter uses all of the weapons' equipped mods and has a base 3x damage multiplier, meaning it's stronger than you are with your own guns, but has low duration to balance that fact.

Because of its low duration, it isn't useful for drawn out fights like in survival or extermination, so it's best used for things like assassination missions where you can use duality and watch it 1 shot the boss. That being said, just bring whatever gun is optimal for the mission type.

Duality sits in an awkward position. On the one hand, it's actually incredibly powerful, as your own weps x3 is pretty strong. On the other hand, the stance swap isn't something you want to build around, as the rest of her kit has too much potency to fall to second fiddle for a single augment. 

Something important to note is that Duality uses your currently-equipped weapon with all applicable mods.

This means you can have your Duality use the Sonicor, the Kulstar, or the Staticor.

The Simulor series works well with specter AI because they're bad at aiming; Ignis is also good for that. Beam weapons are a pretty good choice as well. I've heard mixed reviews on bows.
I have gotten good results from the Tigris series, and I've heard they airburst Penta grenades intelligently.

For melees, I suggest speed and reach. Berserker, Blood Rush, and Body Count all fully apply, which makes a Duality with (e.g.) Tempo Royale a monster.