Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the Void worth playing again: Add Traces to drop tables

BroPyp

So, I have recently been doing a lot of radiant relic runs, and although there are mostly times where the rare item doesn't drop, it seems the overall chance for something rare to drop in a group full of people with the same relic and refinement is actually very, very generous.

Compared to the old system, where you would do long survivals or defense missions till rotation C each time, this is a lot less boring, and tends to reward more quality over quantity. 

That all sounds fantastic. But how easy is it to actually get to that stage?

Well, with over 750 hours racked up on Warframe since the beginning of this year, I have managed to accumulate a very large amount of Void Relics, so personally it is not hard for me to farm void traces. I can fill my 850 quantity quite quickly with some time and effort, especially if I have a resource booster.

The same can't be said for newer players, though.

Understandably, getting prime parts is considered an endgame element, so it rightfully shouldn't be this easy for newer players to get something rare within even an hour or ten of gameplay. Instead, there should be a goal every Tenno would have incentive to work towards, and my suggestion is to add Void Traces to the drop tables of endless missions in the Void, where the chance of these to drop is slightly lower than that of uncommon items, but marginally higher than that of rare items in rotations B and C.

In my opinion, this makes sense lore wise, as it is likely at some point during things such as survival missions for the Tenno Operative to find Void traces in - you guessed it - The Void.

Summary of how I feel this should work:

• Apply mastery level restriction on endless Void missions, scaling to the mission level respectfully.
  • Scaling drops from respective mission tiers, similar to the way Endo drops work (Low/Mid/High level)
  • Other mission types on the void should drop traces from containers only as a very rare resource.

The Mastery restriction is a good idea as it would give new players goals to achieve: working on Mastery Rank concurrently with getting a feel of the "endgame."

Here are the MR restrictions I propose for the endless Void missions:

Low Level (Taranis) - MR 4 and above - Traces have a chance to drop in packs of [10] on rotations B and C

Mid Level (Ani, Belenus) - MR 8 and above - Traces have a chance to drop in packs of [15] on rotations B and C

High Level (Mithra, Mot) - MR 12 and above - Traces have a chance to drop in packs of [25] on rotations B and C

In summary, another sensible reason for the MR restriction (which shouldn't be by-passable through taxiing) is because of the amount of Void Traces one can stockpile in their inventory at any given time. At MR 1 they can only stockpile 50, and by the time they have reached the Void anyway the junctions will provide a significant boost to their overall MR. It ultimately gives new players a clearer path to one of the many things they can do in Warframe. Other mission types should not be mastery locked.

And besides, on the star chart, the Void itself has a certain resemblance to what Void Traces look like anyway. Anybody else think this too? If this were to be implemented, that in itself would serve as a clue of where traces could be found :)

Edited by BroPyp
formatting

DE could definitely test this and gather data relating to it, for example if the drop amounts are too high on each rotation then maybe 5, 10, and 20 are better amounts respectively from low level missions to high level missions.

Another issue they may need to counter is that it would allow for basically unlimited radiant relics; you could do these missions and after reaching the cap of traces, refine relics to radiant. Then rinse and repeat.

This would take a lot of time, but the sheer possibility of it may not be to DE's liking, understandably of course. It does not however make it advantageous for new Prime Warframe farming either, because the relic system itself forces you to farm a specific relic which does take time. It would let you instantly refine that relic to radiant though.

Edited by BroPyp
Split for fair topic bump