Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor assassination mission

(PSN)k985720419

Question

Ok, I don't know what else to do. I've been playing for 3 weeks now, trying the game out, having fun. Well, the fun has stopped. I have been trying to beat the Raptor assassination mission and it isn't possible to do so apparently. Yeah, I realize that I shouldn't expect to solo it and my stuff isn't that good, and to be fair, I have killed about a dozen or so Raptors myself just about, the issue is the win condition. The dropping part of the raptor down the vent? Yeah, that doesn't happen. The machine moves all over the battlefield and when I finally kill one, I have five seconds to pick it up and get to an 'open' vent. It always explodes before you get there. And the constant loving suggestions from space mom start to grate when the game thinks that i've become too stupid to know which end of the gun the explodey things come out of. That and I didn't bother to get one of the detonators since it was stuck in the wall and watched a new raptor pass right through the field which was supposed to be down when they summon a new one. What is going on? Am I doing something wrong? Is this not possible to beat? I am running a potatoed excal. with a potatoed attica, which I admit, may be the wrong type of weapon, but nothing else I have comes even close to damage output. I don't have any frames with invisibility, nor the ability to teleport bombs down badly placed holes in the floor.

Sorry for the ranting, I've tried with several different teams, and everyone has to quit the mission.

4 answers to this question

Yes it can be done. Yes it can be done solo. Yes it can be done without using a frame that goes invisible. This is a difficult boss but I was able to do it solo using Frost. The Wiki provides a good description of what you need to do to defeat it:

Unlike most other bosses, the Raptors have the capacity to respawn infinitely from the three Gravity Conveyors in their arena, which are simply output for their production facility below. In order to defeat the Raptors, they must be killed to drop their explosive Power Cells, which detonate 10 seconds after being dropped. Players must pick up the cells, carry them to a Gravity Conveyor, and hit the weapon switch key to drop the cell into the conveyor, destroying it and the facility beneath. This must be done three times to defeat the boss.

At first, Raptor NS will appear, and continue to spawn until one conveyor is destroyed. Then, Raptor MT will spawn until the second is destroyed, after which Raptor RV will spawn until the boss is defeated.

It is really quite simple once you realise that the way you drop the power cell is to hit the triangle button to switch weapons. Then it becomes all about avoiding/killing each Raptor variant and grabbing the cell and carrying it to the Gravity Conveyor in time. The time does feel short, but if you stay close to one of the Conveyors, the Raptor also tends to stay close. Use your radial blind and just shoot till it drops. Grab the cell and approach the closes Conveyor to you. You don't have to destroy them in any particular order.

I also use Frost to battle the Raptor. It is convenient to just sit inside a snow globe and shoot. It also is not completely immune to his power 1. It will not completely freeze, but it will slow down. In terms of weapon, a fast firing hit-scan weapon works well. I use Akstiletto Prime, but anything hit-scan will make it easier than trying to chase it or adjust for movement.