Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee sonar 3 layers possible?

SoulEaterReaper

Question

Wiki just says that it can do multiple layers but only mentions double layer

• Because of its multiplicative nature, Sonar is arguably the most potential damage booster currently in the game. A fully modded Banshee combined with a fully modded Equinox can increase the damage multiplier to 18.95, so a single overlapping area will multiply the damage 359 times. For example: a single rifle shot of 5000 damage on a doubled-weakspot on an unarmored target would deal 1.8 million damage.

X18.95, so a single overlapping area will multiply the damage 359 times.

So a double layer will make the X you have multiplier by the same, as 18.95 x 18.95 = 359

so if we have a tripple layer of x12 would make it 

12x12 = 144 (double layer)

so tripple layer would be 144 + 144 and 4th layer would be 288 + 144 = 432 

does that sound about right? the difference between x12 and x18 is quite huge here as you need 4 layers of x12 to beat the x18 layer.

but then tripple layer of x18 is 359 + 359 = 648 which would be a stronger way of doing things.

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

7 answers to this question

If the Sonar spots stack in 1 spot, you can have ALOT of layers than just triple. Most of the time though it marks a different location on the body (which is still good either way).

I have a good build with Banshee that lets me do rediculous amounts of damage. Keep in mind all of the mods listed are maxed and my focus is Zenurik for the energy regen.

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Exilmus: Power Drift

Mods: Redirection, Vigor, Resonance, Blind Rage, Overextended, Stretch, Narrow-Minded, Prime Continuity

Lastly, the highest stack I've seen is 15 so yeah... I'll just let that sink right in...

It is a thing, usually requires the resounding wave and some build because it naturally marks a different point, it will eventually start overlapping, once the resounding wave covers a good portion of the body, melee can be used to continue the trigger and over lap will happen, you just don't see it often because the double is usually more than enough for the kill, and new enemies running in haven't been hit by any resounding waves yet.

14 hours ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

you sure they would stack like that? 

Fairly certain. I have a breakdown pick showing the comparisons of different multipliers head/body/sonar in my Banshee Guide on the Wiki.

latest?cb=20160426005332

Using 12.7x Sonar

Body crit = 1076

Sonar crit 1076 * 12.7 = 13,671

Overlap 12,7 * 12,7 = 161.29

Overlap crit 1076 * 161.29 = 173,617

I would assume triple layer is possible but nothing really survives long enough to see it.

8 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Fairly certain. I have a breakdown pick showing the comparisons of different multipliers head/body/sonar in my Banshee Guide on the Wiki.

latest?cb=20160426005332

Using 12.7x Sonar

Body crit = 1076

Sonar crit 1076 * 12.7 = 13,671

Overlap 12,7 * 12,7 = 161.29

Overlap crit 1076 * 161.29 = 173,617

I would assume triple layer is possible but nothing really survives long enough to see it.

what weapon deals 1 damage and corrosive at the same time? (cough)

was these pics taken by the devs?