Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee stagger

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

How in the world is it immobiliizing? 

If you want a speed decrease, mod your weapon for Cold.

You can't mod your weapon for cold unless it has innate cold damage.

On topic: I agree that losing control on my character and leading it to die almost instantly is annoying (tipedo spam pls) so I'd be all in for some kind of movility reduction on hit

Just now, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Because you can get staggered while aim gliding or while rolling or even while jumping 

... I'm confused now. Are you referring to the stagger that you place on enemies by hitting them with certain melee weapons? Because that's what you implied. 

The only way to get 'staggered' by enemy units is by select units. And all of those can be combated by simply blocking. We can't be invincible, obviously.

5 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

... I'm confused now. Are you referring to the stagger that you place on enemies by hitting them with certain melee weapons? Because that's what you implied. 

The only way to get 'staggered' by enemy units is by select units. And all of those can be combated by simply blocking. We can't be invincible, obviously.

You can't block when you only have a gun out 

6 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

... I'm confused now. Are you referring to the stagger that you place on enemies by hitting them

11 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

How in the world is it immobiliizing? 

If you want a speed decrease, mod your weapon for Cold.

You do know we are talking about pvp not pve?

Just now, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

You do know I'm talking about conclave right?

Ohhhh. Damn. Probably should have seen that. My bad.

But at the same time, for the few times that I've played Conclave, I've seen that the stagger is fine, but I suppose that it shouldn't be able to occur at any given time (ie - not while maneuvering, or attack, etc).

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Ohhhh. Damn. Probably should have seen that. My bad.

But at the same time, for the few times that I've played Conclave, I've seen that the stagger is fine, but I suppose that it shouldn't be able to occur at any given time (ie - not while maneuvering, or attack, etc).

Its the while maneuvering part that personally annoys me 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I understand melee players need major assistance at getting kills however I think stagger is something that really needs to be removed and replaced with something that isn't infuriatingly annoying 

i vote for a mobility decrease or speed decrease but not something that isn't immobilising 

Yeah, I agree that Stagger is very annoying and disrupting.

I personally have suggested replacing it for "encumbering on hit for 2s". What's encumbering? well, essentially it would prevent the player affected from using Bulletjump, Aimglide and Wall Latch for the duration. It would cut off the easy escape tools, but leave ground based evasion, double jump and wall hop intact and wouldn't cause lose of control.

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Yeah, I agree that Stagger is very annoying and disrupting.

I personally have suggested replacing it for "encumbering on hit for 2s". What's encumbering? well, essentially it would prevent the player affected from using Bulletjump, Aimglide and Wall Latch for the duration. It would cut off the easy escape tools, but leave ground based evasion, double jump and wall hop intact and wouldn't cause lose of control.

Sounds good as long as you could roll away