Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

give us infinite ammo

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Just to clarify, a team ammo restore take 7.5 seconds per pulse and pulses 4 times according to the wiki, so a total of 30 seconds.

The way to balance this:

"New reload speed" = [30 / (("Old max ammo reserve capacity" + "max mag ammo") / "max mag ammo")] + "old reload speed" 

So for example.

So if something had 100 mag, 900 reserve, then you would add 3 seconds to the reload, before mod reductions.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I play the game to run around shooting things; I don't want to play "stamp collector 2016: tedium edition."

I can understand that.. but there has to be some limitations, doesn't there?
If not guns, you could use frames with ranged powers.. but then you need to conserve and restore energy.
...but then that becomes to much of a hassle.. so just make energy infinite?

There are Large Team Ammo Restores that you could use, which might help.
There are weapons that converve ammo well, also.. Like, Hek and Vectis never require you to pay attention to your ammo.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I can just stop and use a pie and have full ammo anyway. This would actually make them less OP since you would be adjusting their reloads times to make up for the infinite ammo.

reported

You only showed that MajorPhantom called it stupid which isn't the whole sentence and yet you reported them for it, which is quite wrong.

Also leading me to believe that you are a troll.

Seriously, Try Vectis.
Bolt action sniper. Reloads after every shot, would take forever to run out of ammo.

The ammo conservation is part of the balance of most guns.
Why use a Semi Auto if you can spray and pray non stop?
...Why use anything but a launcher like Tonkor with superior numbers if there is no restriction to ammo?

Part of the limitation of ammunition is balance, part incentivising players to remain mobile.

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I can understand that.. but there has to be some limitations, doesn't there?
If not guns, you could use frames with ranged powers.. but then you need to conserve and restore energy.
...but then that becomes to much of a hassle.. so just make energy infinite?

There are Large Team Ammo Restores that you could use, which might help.
There are weapons that converve ammo well, also.. Like, Hek and Vectis never require you to pay attention to your ammo.

The limitations are the reload times. Just Youtube Earth Defense Force.

3 minutes ago, YuukannaKishi said:

You only showed that MajorPhantom called it stupid which isn't the whole sentence and yet you reported them for it, which is quite wrong.

Also leading me to believe that you are a troll.

You can disagree with it with out calling it "stupid," or name calling ("troll") on your alternate account.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

You can disagree with it with out calling it "stupid," or name calling ("troll") on your alternate account.

I said "Also leading me to believe you are a troll" Stop butchering people's sentences.

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

You're coming in hot. ...let the troll business roll off, mate.
I don't want to just say that there are games that don't have reload.. but that's been part of this game since the beginning.
For some it adds to frustration, to others, it adds to the challenge and feeling of a more unique and understandable world.

Reload can cause problems in combat.. but there are answers to those.
Try using 1st ability on Nyx, Oberon, Frost, or Nekros. All of which can keep you hitting from range while reloading.
Hydroid can reload while turning into a puddle.
...other frames have similar synergies.

For me, I don't like a reload time higher than 1.6.. some guns naturally do that, some guns can afford the compromise to put a reload speed mod on there.

There are also mods that allow you to Reload while Holstered, which would be handy for you.

My only concern it that it will bring to diversity,

everyone will just take loadout with most DPS available regardless of ammo effectivness, and melee weapon will be even more underused compared to ranged weapon so for diversity reason, I will say no.

Unless you provide something in order to give acounterpart to ammo efficient weapon (& melee weapon)

So getting back on the main topic:

To compensate for weapons having infinite ammo, you'd suggest increasing their reload times? That would just add tedium to the gameplay.

If I wanted to squat in a corner behind cover, having to take upwards of 6 seconds to reload my LMG, I'd play Far Cry, or COD, or Gears of War, or any other cover-based shooter. Warframe is a VERY fast-paced game at its core, and long reload times clash with its central game mechanics of fast-paced gunplay and combat.

Edited by Jackviator
formatting

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I do. I have spent hundreds of dollars on EDF and like $20 on WF. Just saying.

Does it matter if you've spent 20$ on Warframe? This only means that you like EDF more and that you are neglecting it by complaining on WF's Forums.

Besides Warframe can't become EDF for many Copy Right reasons.

Also, DE had a vision for Warframe and becoming game with unlimited ammo is not it.

Edited by YuukannaKishi

Just now, Soketsu said:

everyone will just take loadout with most DPS available regardless of ammo effectivness, and melee weapon will be even more underused compared to ranged weapon so for diversity reason, I will say no.

Unless you provide something in order to give acounterpart to ammo efficient weapon (& melee weapon)

This is exactly it, too.

...Valkyr's 4 is only super nasty melee, Excal is long range firing of a melee weapon.. ...Mesa has gun abilities...
...Limbo can rift walk, banish and stab people all while energy regens..
Chroma can spec to melee, Atlas can spec to melee..
There are options to fit most styles.
...not all of them are well balanced, but there certainly are some perfectly viable ways to play this game without munitions.

Just now, Soketsu said:

Reload times are a massive part of DPS. Currently, ammo capacity doesn't really affect anything because you can just drop multiple pies and never stop shooting. It just slows things down before the mission because you have to stand around waiting for ammo restores to build in the foundry.

2 minutes ago, YuukannaKishi said:

Also, DE had a vision for Warframe and becoming game with unlimited ammo is not it.

You don't work for DE, so you can't make this claim. You can't even claim that it not being in proves that because they have made plenty of dramatic changes, even some that fly completely counter to previous statements.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Those are the exact same gaming genres as Doom; a completely different genre than what Warframe would fit into (and not just because of the FPS aspect to these games). Unlimited ammo wouldn't work as a concept for Warframe.

This guy is right.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

You don't work for DE, so you can't make this claim. You can't even claim that it not being in proves that because they have made plenty of dramatic changes, even some that fly completely counter to previous statements.

If it were in their vision, it would have been in the game long before you had it on your PS4.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

One more post for now.

If me not working for DE has anything to do with this, then you shouldn't be making all of these claims and telling people that they are wrong.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Reload times are a massive part of DPS. Currently, ammo capacity doesn't really affect anything because you can just drop multiple pies and never stop shooting. It just slows things down before the mission because you have to stand around waiting for ammo restores to build in the foundry.

If there was no reload, a Rhino could stand in a doorway, set a brick on the trigger button, and walk away to make lunch.
If you don't want confrontation in your games, then I cannot believe how'd you'd egg on so much confrontation in this forum.

You're right, bud.. it was their vision to never reload, they just programmed it by accident.. and kept it that way by accident 1,000 hotfixes later.